Bigman, Back On A Bike!

Bigman

Right then, after 10-11 months off a bike I have finaly bought another, I now have an Echo Trial 24inch, and I love it! its going to take abit of getting used to for pedal ups, but for gaps and sidehops etc its awesome, can't wait to give it a shot on some natural!!

img0426ba.jpg

It is pretty much the standard Echo supplied spec, I bought it with the Tartybikes Mod stem and also TNN beleay pads, I have also no fitted my modified atomz bash, my Rockman riser bars and a DMR moto digger 2.1 front tyre, and I am just waiting for my Schwalbe Big Betty to arrive for the rear, then is just to sort the front brake with its new lever and get an 05 magura body for the rear!

I was abit worried about the front TR disc brake actualy, but after todays ride I am a little more impressed, it held up on some fairly big front wheel gaps, so it could be even better when I fit the shimano disc brake lever I have to try on it :)

Adam

• Like 1

I've ridden 24" bikes for a long time, a good while before starting trials too, so when I ride trials, something that needs a fair amount of precision, on a 26" it feels cumbersome.

Bigman is a sizeable chap so I imagine riding a 24" feels as nimble as riding a mod might feel for someone of an average stature.

I'm still a little confused as to why you've gone 24", Adam, but you've gone about it the right way :P

Any particular reason you've not gone back to 26"? Be good to see how you get on with it (Y)

I know a few people have asked why I have decided to try a 24inch, but its something I have wanted to try for years! even before actualy trialsy 24's were around I have wanted one (even designed a frame many moons ago) I have always loved mods, but they are way too small for me, so a trialsy 24 was the next option realy, had a first proper ride on it yesterday and its awesome, like I mentioned above, pedal ups are the only thing thats realy going to take abit of getting used to!

Adam

I know a few people have asked why I have decided to try a 24inch, but its something I have wanted to try for years! even before actualy trialsy 24's were around I have wanted one (even designed a frame many moons ago) I have always loved mods, but they are way too small for me, so a trialsy 24 was the next option realy, had a first proper ride on it yesterday and its awesome, like I mentioned above, pedal ups are the only thing thats realy going to take abit of getting used to!

Adam

Glad to hear it dude (Y) It's been a long time coming so I'm glad you're happy with it.

How tall are you out of interest?

I am around 6ft4, and I have to say it feels fine with this stem.

Nice to see you're finally back on a bike mate. What happened with the Rockman 24"? Could try the Hope Trial Pro pads to up the brake performance too? Get yourself back down to the west country soon!

I have just fitted a £13 shimano disc lever onto the front brake and it feels realy good, i will see what its like properly on a ride tomorrow :) It seems promising!

Adam