Remember Evolve?

trials hoe

After a dig around while I was down at my moms I found my old copy of evolve on tape and not having a tape player anymore I cant watch it wich is lame was a good watch. however after a nostalgic think back I remembered there was a young kid like 4 or 5 I think (been a while since I watched it) I'm sure this youngster was awsome for his age, does anybody remember this kids name? I'm curious to see if he still rides or not, it was only a short clip but its been doing my head in!

anybody know?

Stevie Baia.

Cool kid, does a lot of demos now with his brother mainly, does really well at them pretty popular over in canada land, doesnt really do much else now i dont think.

Did comps for a few years, but hasnt done any "big" ones for years. Had a nice style.

He came over and done the worlds a year or so after his bit in evolve, got beaten by some crap english kid...........

Edited by Scotty Evil1

Probably my fave trials film. Jeff's epic fail gap over the fence to ruined bike and Ryans busted top tube via his knackers! How trials has moved on these days i think JJ's megamo is the only bike that resembles what people ride today!!

Wish i still had a vcr to watch it again!

Probably my fave trials film. Jeff's epic fail gap over the fence to ruined bike and Ryans busted top tube via his knackers! How trials has moved on these days i think JJ's megamo is the only bike that resembles what people ride today!!

Wish i still had a vcr to watch it again!

ha ha ... she's gonna crash... lenosky was a big fella for a trials guy, that schwin took an ass kickin that day.

anybody know where I can find evolve and other older flicks on dvd?, im buggered if I can remember names anymore, takes me back to where it all started for me.

Yeah I remember Evolve, fantastic, definitely watched it more than any other trials video! Id watched it so much that big parts of it had worn out, always used to pump me up before a ride!

It was the first trials that id watched and it totally blew my mind what could be done on a bike! It was pretty much my inspiration for starting trials.

Its amazing how much the bikes have changed and how the standard of riding has gone up so much!

I managed to take the old VHS into work and record it onto DVD, I was able to recover the badly worn bits as well, so got a copy safe on my computer (Y)

such a good video!

Why do we treat animals like animals! loved that first section!

Contact and revolution are online too, found contact just recently, will get a link up when home tonight if hasnt already been posted here or elsewhere!

good times!

... a vid using English riders...

Merchat's last movie Contact had a section of UK footage , some indoor speedtrial event and a ridiculous street session with Akkers , Petr Kraus and J-Lo (Lenosky) . :giggle:

I'm still astounded how Edd Tounge manuals over a car,from back to front ,smooth as you like . Also , I got a certain DVD for Christmas which helped to kindle my fascination with our sport aeons hence :

post-3439-0-54923400-1327990618_thumb.jp

post-3439-0-87049800-1327990678_thumb.jp

B)

post-3439-0-69837000-1327990719_thumb.jp

Patsy Kensit's narration... :wub:

Oh yeah "Robs World!" The hotel bed trials!!

haha that rings a bell ... go on no-wage page!...

what ever happened to hawes (spelling) and ed tongues brother?

I recall the tongues iin an old ass mbuk mag farting about on a canal barge.

too many riders fall into obscurity, trials and noteriety don't go hand in hand, unless your one of the few legends.

Yeah, he was the south west rep for Fisher Outdoor Leisure. Not sure if he's still in the same position (or even still with Fisher) or not now though.

Pretty sure he moved specifically into dealing with the Norco brand in Europe, but that's a couple of years ago now too.

Merchat's last movie Contact had a section of UK footage , some indoor speedtrial event and a ridiculous street session with Akkers , Petr Kraus and J-Lo (Lenosky) . :giggle:

I'm still astounded how Edd Tounge manuals over a car,from back to front ,smooth as you like . Also , I got a certain DVD for Christmas which helped to kindle my fascination with our sport aeons hence :

B)

I found that on ebay last year, seemed awesome at the time, nothing that amazing in it but think i'm right saying it was the first "mainstream" emglish vid! I remember now the bit you were on about, what vid was it in though?

B)

Quite right!

Contact

Evolve

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xp8p4_evolve

Revolution (in 4 parts)