The Car Thread

MadManMike

I'm sure i could make that happen, cheers!

Also, coilover spring rates vs standard - how do the two compare? Standard "hard" springs for capris seem to be around the 200lbs mark, yet a lot of coilovers are 300+. Do they have significantly less wheel rate or are people just loving the idea of smashing their spines?

Evening all, I picked up an astra 1.7 cdti on Thursday.seemed spot on, drove it home ask fine. Driving today and the eml light comes on and the turbo cuts out. Then it's all fine again. On and off like this at random.

Bought from a standard garage, where do I stand with taking it back and getting it sorted? 04 plate so not new.

take it back, it should have a 3 month warranty from a car sales garage.

it they try giving you shit about no warranty grow a set of balls and start kicking off, trading standards, money back all that stuff. they'll soon pay up.

Some of you will remember in February I had a nasty crash in my Seat Leon Cupra. After nearly 3 months without a car I bought a boring but practical diesel estate and I actually think it's the best car I have ever owned! The only annoyance with it is that it is actually pretty low so I keep scraping the belly pan when going in and out of car parks (Read that as woodlands where I go biking)

Recently I took it on a 1700 mile road trip to the Alps mountain biking for a couple of weeks. I even lived in it for the second week!

Plans for the future - Other than cleaning the cloudy headlight glass absolutely nothing, I am just going to drive it and enjoy the cheap motoring!

You didn't happen to go to les arcs, and stay with a place called trail addiction did you?

I was there on the 17th and 18th staying down at the camp site in Bourg. I was riding a red Iron Horse Sunday.

It would have been weird if I had somehow spoken to you without knowing. I met so many people completely at random on that trip! In Chatel and Morzine I bumped into people I knew through the bike park I help run and ended up doing some laps with them, I also had people walking up to me saying they had spoken to me at Tidworth and I had no memory of previously meeting them. It's such a small World :P

• Like 1