The Car Thread

MadManMike

2.5 is fine.

The down pipe steps down twice, from 3 to 2.5 to 2.25 to meet the stock system.

Cut off the 2.25 section, then buy a 2.5 flaired exhaust coupler and have a straight through 2.5 system.

It's what I had on mine, but mine was Miltek.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/EUXosxUGpDs?autoplay=1

Edited by Pashley26

2.5 is fine.

The down pipe steps down twice, from 3 to 2.5 to 2.25 to meet the stock system.

Cut off the 2.25 section, then buy a 2.5 flaired exhaust coupler and have a straight through 2.5 system.

It's what I had on mine, but mine was Miltek.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/EUXosxUGpDs?autoplay=1

That was the plan, just trawling through forums/ebay to find a cat back system for sale. Millteks just don't seem to come up too often, which is a shame.

I've been reading up on ARBs and there is a lot of info (opinion) on setups for S3s, but not a lot for A3s, what did you run on yours? 22mm FR/19mm R?

I just ran a standard front and 21mm Eibach rear. Seemed fine to me.

Without one they are horrible.

Oh and the clutch went in the S3 last night. So I have ordered a Carbon Kevlar go faster doo darr one to replace it.

Fitting it Sunday.

Edited by Pashley26

Good work adam!

Craig: my 3'' ebay system really isn't that loud at all. it's far quieter than jardo's S3 system for example. it's also HUGELY cheaper than any other alternative, and really decent quality.

Id be tempted to get the ebay system, spend £20 on an outward rolled tailpipe, and see how you like it. IF you found it too noisey, it'd be about 2 hours work and £40 to add in a proper centre box to drop the noise level right down.

• Like 1

Craig: my 3'' ebay system really isn't that loud at all. it's far quieter than jardo's S3 system for example. it's also HUGELY cheaper than any other alternative, and really decent quality.

Id be tempted to get the ebay system, spend £20 on an outward rolled tailpipe, and see how you like it. IF you found it too noisey, it'd be about 2 hours work and £40 to add in a proper centre box to drop the noise level right down.

Sounds like a plan, fortunately a few cans of beer/packets of biscuits and I can get anything welded up by the nuclear welders at work :) So might be a viable option. Why would you change the tailpipe? Just for looks?

I'll be changing the brake fluid in my car, mechanic doesn't have time so I have to do this myself. I have a pressure bleeder and have adapted the cap to fit over the resevoir. I'm assuming that this is as simple as connecting the bleeder to a tyre and then in sequence opening each bleed screw with a hose attached to it until the fresh brake fluid comes out?

http://www.pistonheads.com/doc.asp?c=173&i=30315

latest on the whip.

i've bought big valve heads and a mad cam for the deal of the century, now i'm stuck with a dilemma.

Do I buy a 3.1 block and pistons to build up, or do i re-build what i've got (assuming pistons are ok) and add in a few choice bits like screw-in rocker studs and roller rockers to suit the new cam?

TL:DR; do i get an extra 100cc displacement or strengthen new heads and buy roller rockers.

Halp.

Is the steering wheel in that Merc off an old ship or something? That thing is huge!

Skoze - nice work on that article, really good to read. Pity the subject matter wasn't quite so nice :P

Ads - good to see you back out there. New car looks pretty sweet too. Are you feeling back on it yet or is the new car taking a little getting used to?

Ads - good to see you back out there. New car looks pretty sweet too. Are you feeling back on it yet or is the new car taking a little getting used to?

Cheers man. Yeah got back into it pretty well I think, that last session in the video really helped to get comfortable with slinging it about.

I've no idea how you can build cars so quickly amongst your other activities Adam. Loving the unique colour scheme.

Up at 7, do an hour and a half before work, work til 5, then continue with the car til about 10 - and repeat for about a month :P

That's cool. How are you feeling mentally about driving it nearer the limit? I don't think I saw/heard what happened when you stacked the old one so didn't know if it might have sketched you out at all about getting loose again...

Fine, surprisingly. Earlier on in the day when the track was pretty busy I was a bit iffy with giving it the beans, but at the end with a quiet track (and a Smurf blue car to chase :P) it all kinda fell back into place...