The Car Thread

MadManMike

Duncy, to check the CV joints jack it up in gear, then rock the wheel back and forth to take up the slack, there will be some slack in the diff, but there shouldn't be any real amount in the CV joints.

Prawn, photos look cool. I need to discuss the Scirocco's plans with you sometime, in a kind of related to your post sort of way.

TROYston, if you take more photos, find the HDR option and turn it off occasionally ;) It can be a nice effect, but leave it on all the time and it just looks wank, takes all the depth out of the photo and just makes it look garish. (No offence intended, I mean that in a completely constructive way!)

I imagine you're right, thanks for the info. I wonder weather those Subaru's used a flat or conical or angled flange?
I need the conical sort, which seem to be rather rare even in the Volvo world.

EDIT: I'm an idiot. It's actually the flat flange type that I need, which makes me slightly happier.

Edited by Pete.M

Pete.M, Just realised you'd probably shoot your load over my friend Dave's 240 GL, really cool car in my eyes:

599364_10151882790990615_1791339500_n.jp

Decided my Scirocco's going to get a cheap poly-bush set, and a bit more boost then I'm going to leave it alone for a while before doing a load of stuff at once in the summer. Depends how work goes money wise but hopefully I'll be able to put the money aside to make it a pretty cool and unique car.

PS, Nick knows most of the plans, but I've decided it'll be secret until it's finished. (So stay quiet Nick!)

Edited by RobinJI
  • Like 1

I know your plans too.

-

Spam.

Car's running really weird and requiring loads of throttle to make boost; but then once it's made boost it's really quick. Can't work out why, and it's annoying me.

EML is due to the removal of VVT which will be replaced next week when I have chance to remove the chain and VVT cartridge and swap it back.

Jardo, not sure what you mean by removal of VVT, but could that not be the issue??

Robin, I would indeed shoot my load over that, haha. I almost asked you about it when I saw a bit of it via facebook, I so wish they were as cheap as 940's. Looking forward to seeing how your Scirocco progresses too.

Whilst I'm here, a pic of the brick's new suspension (40mm lows):

post-29859-0-99300800-1361915056_thumb.j

Edited by Pete.M

haaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

You told me removing the VTT was fine.....

You told me it wouldn't throw a light or code.....

Set Point Not Reached, as I told you would happen :lol:

Surely this new performance sensation is just the linear throttle mapping Niki did? everyone who's had it says it feels flat until full throttle, which is the whole point in linear throttle mapping, rather than the nasty ''All the power at half throttle'' sensation you normally get?

You just need to get a real engine with a steel wire from pedal to throttle bodies :P

In related news, here's a seemingly fictional graph (apart from the AFR) I paid £60 for at CRD Performance (also call themselves F1 Automotive) in Bolton. I suggest steering clear of these idioits!

post-5427-0-91937600-1361977179_thumb.jp

On the flip side, Brakes International are winners and replaced my leaky MX-5 front calipers without question (I neglected to tell you about those on Sunday, Nick :w00t: (A) ).

haaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa You told me removing the VTT was fine..... You told me it wouldn't throw a light or code..... Set Point Not Reached, as I told you would happen :lol: Surely this new performance sensation is just the linear throttle mapping Niki did? everyone who's had it says it feels flat until full throttle, which is the whole point in linear throttle mapping, rather than the nasty ''All the power at half throttle'' sensation you normally get?
I don't know. But I f**king hate it if it is and Niki's a Jew.