The Car Thread

MadManMike

FWD is good and if you are a competent driver (insert comment about me not being one) there is no reason for FWD to be a disadvantage below the 230/240ish bh/ton mark (as a very rough figure), so long as you have supporting modifications.

Weellll... There sort of is. The weight transfer is always rearward under acceleration, so FWD will always lose out there.

In related news, had an awesome day at Oulton Park in my real ( :P) wheel drive car today, will bosh a vid or two up later.

Edit: Brum brum video #1

The only people who defend FWD cars are those who have never really used a proper R/4WD car to anywhere near it's full potential :P

Bought quattro, never looked back ^_^

There's no way I'd ever consider the kind of power I have now with FWD!

As for "it's fine after 3rd gear" the first 3 gears is where the most fun is had!

Edited by Jolfa

Edit: Brum brum video #1

Eeeeeerm......... :blink:

Oulton Park is faster than I thought.....

I think being a Southern Monkey I've got Oulton and Cadwell confused in my head.

That looks unholy Adam, 116gps speed over a crest around a left hander @1:45? Christ. :w00t:

Did you ever get that incar clip of me having a 'moment' though old hairpin?

Eeeeeerm......... :blink:

Oulton Park is faster than I thought.....

I think being a Southern Monkey I've got Oulton and Cadwell confused in my head.

That looks unholy Adam, 116gps speed over a crest around a left hander @1:45? Christ. :w00t:

Did you ever get that incar clip of me having a 'moment' though old hairpin?

Yeah it's an ace circuit - Druids (double right hander at the back of the track) is a real man's corner as you would put it! Lots of offs there, especially when it's damp.

Ah possibly - Cadwell has a fast open bit and a tight bit in the trees.

Haha, yeah you have to be pretty committed there, and make sure you check the marshall's post before keeping your foot in! I wasn't flat but the data shows I could have been. Next time :dance:

The camera was off for your session unfortunately :(

Brum brum video #2, with instructor in the pax seat, chopping through the traffic:

http://youtu.be/wz5uBFX8Flk

CTR Sniper.

Wassat? I Googled but no joy...

That company will have bought it privately for about what the other guys were saying - they offered me a silly amount for my Skoda and did the same with my mate's Octavia (and he went for it). It was up the next day for nearly double what they gave him for it. That's business of course, but if you are happy to buy privately you'll get the same car much cheaper :)

Seems a lot of people buying leons at the moment - are they 'fashionable' in the car world at the moment? or just coincidence that a few people have posted them here over the past couple of weeks/months. Would love to have mine back :(

sort of tempted to sell my skoda (ahem) and buy a leon again - is there a difference between the cupra and the FR? guessing there is.but then my skoda does me well and its pretty rapid. tempted to run it into the ground...

I did look at the prices of them about 6 months ago which made me think it might be worth selling my skoda which hasn't really dropped in price that much since I bought it. (i'd like to mention the main reason I got the skoda was because I wrote off the leon, and the skoda was the most similar thing I could find with a sensible insurance group :P)

Could sell mine for £3000 ish I think (its basically this one with a few less miles)

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201302215435227/sort/default/usedcars/engine-size-cars/1-7l_to_1-9l/maximum-age/up_to_10_years_old/maximum-mileage/up_to_100000_miles/fuel-type/diesel/model/fabia/make/skoda/onesearchad/used/onesearchad/nearlynew/onesearchad/new/radius/1500/keywords/vrs/postcode/cf244pg/page/1?logcode=p

And buy an FR again for an extra few hundred quid:

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201302235467879/sort/default/usedcars/engine-size-cars/1-7l_to_1-9l/maximum-mileage/up_to_100000_miles/fuel-type/diesel/model/leon/make/seat/onesearchad/used/onesearchad/nearlynew/onesearchad/new/page/1/keywords/fr/radius/1500/postcode/cf244pg?logcode=p

very tempting. the leon is a nicer car to drive, decent stereo and climate control....