The Car Thread

MadManMike

But unlike you I don't spend all week sat on a soggy beach wishing my car wasn't 200 miles away parked up. I get in it every morning and have a wonderful drive to work and back every single day. when I go to bed at night I think to myself "Tomorrow will be a great day: I get to drive the audi."

Sat in my lovely comfortable S3 leather Recaros, with my beautifully sculpted S4 steering wheel, my TT pedals just urging me to experience double the torque and double the power of your Renault Megane.

And you know what the best bit about it all is? My phone doesn't cut out when I change to third.

Been there, done that, got bored, grew up.

And your half baked Prawn Wanabe isn't double the torque or double the power of my free brand new company car, so yet again you've dropped a factual bollock :lol:

You need to stop turning everything into a comparison or competition all the time, you keep losing and it's not good for moral :lol: Whilst you're getting more and more wound up spunky and I are laughing at you via text message :P

It does! I promise...

(A)

I did a manifold - turbo gasket today, and cleaned the tb. Pretty certain it's sorted, just need to get this bloody front dogbone bush sorted.

I'm not wound up? if i was wound up i'd be on my way round to your old mans to torch his house. :P

Half baked Prawn wannabe! It's better than yours ever was as a road car.

The last person to sit in the back of my car was Prawn on New Years eve 2012.

The last person to sit in the back of my car before that was Prawn on the 7th of November 2009 when Lou came to Basingstoke and we went to the cinema.

Before that the last person to sit in the back seat of one of my cars was my dad on the 25th of April 2008 when I passed my driving test.

I don't use back seats for people; but I need the space for convenience and so that nothing has to clutter my line of sight when in the drivers seat.

Edited by Pashley26

Still don't quite get the whole "too many doors" thing.

Making people climb in and out of your car is a f**king massive pain in the arse, I MUCH prefer having rear doors. The whole thing about it looking better, well, to me that's invalid as the LCR is stunning.

The leon is an exception on the whole where a 4 door car looks fantastic.

On the whole, where a car is available in 3 or 5 door, the 3 door always looks considerably better.

I don't get into the back of my own car, so I'll never struggle. I put things in the boot, not the back seat, so I have no issues with making rear seat passengers struggle.

I'd much rather have a better looking car than make life easier for the 3-4 times a year when I have someone in the back of my car.

It's a petrol head thing....

Yeah man I had a 262C and a 240GLE back in the day too.

-

20130226_094338_zps47978694.jpg

20130226_094348_zps9d4ef74c.jpg

20130226_094331_zps1a53361e.jpg

20130226_094329_zps6dc581b5.jpg

20130226_094324_zpsdbb5fa61.jpg

20130226_094319_zps65649661.jpg

It's pretty high spec,fully polybushed, diff, BC coilovers, Hi-Spec floating brakes front and rear, some silly titanium race exhaust cams, omex, buckets, half cage and jazz. Goes well and handles great, not too stiff. It will be great on track.

Edited by Pashley26

The leon is an exception on the whole where a 4 door car looks fantastic.

On the whole, where a car is available in 3 or 5 door, the 3 door always looks considerably better.

I don't get into the back of my own car, so I'll never struggle. I put things in the boot, not the back seat, so I have no issues with making rear seat passengers struggle.

I'd much rather have a better looking car than make life easier for the 3-4 times a year when I have someone in the back of my car.

It's a petrol head thing....

Ah well I guess it depends how you use it. I have passengers quite often and hate standing around while they clamber in.

• Like 1

That MX-5 looks great fun, please tell me he's going to close the bonnet properly though! Having it like that looks silly and achieves nothing.

I'm feeling the want for a daily driver again, but I really fancy something stupid. I'm thinking some sort of '60s, '70s or early '80s estate. Anyone got any suggestions? The quirkier and more characterful the better. (And yes Pete, I have considered just getting another 240!)

• Like 1