The Car Thread

MadManMike

So I got bored and went to get some photos, I only really got one before an old friend saw me and swung by to say hello, completely distracting me from taking any more:

_MG_8111.jpg

Oh, and just to prove I did wax the car, beading!

_MG_8100.jpg

Oh yeah, also, earlier today a friend pointed out that a photo of it turned up on a random facebook page called 'qualityscene'. Pretty chuffed about that!

qualityscene.png

Edited by RobinJI

Any advice on reverse bay parking? Got my test in a few weeks and cant see too get them nailed!

Actually look behind you rather than only using mirrors, only really need the passenger wing mirror to judge where the curb is.

My mate's about to go in for his test, took him out for a drive in his car with his L plates on, can't quite get my head around why his instructor is teaching him to only use mirrors, makes it really hard!

Actually look behind you rather than only using mirrors, only really need the passenger wing mirror to judge where the curb is.

My mate's about to go in for his test, took him out for a drive in his car with his L plates on, can't quite get my head around why his instructor is teaching him to only use mirrors, makes it really hard!

I think he means carpark bay, not parallel parking. This was actually the one that bothered me because all you have are the lines on the ground, so there are less reference points to work with. I think I had this on my third (and final ; ) test and got it spot on. Just remember, the mirrors don't lie.

• Like 1

Depending on the car park layout you can use the lines of the space in front of you to help line up. Where I took my test they would always get you to do a reverse bay park because that was the only way you could park at the test centre, all you had to do was drive into the car park and drive forwards into a bay then then reverse into the bay directly behind you :P

• Like 1

Fitting these today when the weather decides to stop leaking.

IMAG0779_zpsef0a5afb.jpg

Powerflex dog bone mount bush, should hopefully make gear changing much better as the engine won't be rocking back and forth as much. Supposedly makes putting the power down much better woo. The other thing is an EGR removal pipe, asked for one with a boost nipple so I can finally plumb in my boost gauge!

wooo

Can't wait! Shouldn't take too long to fit.

I'm a little apprehensive of fitting the EGR delete today as if I don't have enough time to run the boost gauge piping through the bulkhead etc I don't have anything to block the nipple off for today hmm

Edited by dann2707

I think he means carpark bay, not parallel parking. This was actually the one that bothered me because all you have are the lines on the ground, so there are less reference points to work with. I think I had this on my third (and final ; ) test and got it spot on. Just remember, the mirrors don't lie.

Regardless, if you're moving backwards, look backwards, can see a lot more a lot easier that way!

Its currently on an AMD stage 2 map. It was running 290bhp according to their rollers.

Since then it's had a full rebuild consisting of the following:

Replacement AGU block and head (was previously an AMK engine)

AGU large port intake manifold

Phenolic large port intake manifold gasket

Genesis 550cc injectors

OEM 3bar fuel pressure regulator

DM rifle drilled 144x20 con rods

AGU pistons

NGK BKR7E spark plugs

New (this year) set of genuine coilpacks

New (this year) OEM recirc valve

SFS 80mm turbo intake pipe

Jetex 80mm cone filter with cold air feed from fog light grille

Prawn’s old exhaust manifold (I believe it is an XSPower/Relentless V1)

Prawn’s old CR/BBT K04 hybrid turbo with 1 bar actuator

Cobra turbo-back 3” exhaust

Wellycooler with 63mm pipework throughout (custom charge pipe due to using AGU inlet)

Devils Own 6-30 Base WMI kit

Sytec in-tank replacement fuel pump

N249 valve delete (valve still in to stop EML)

N80 valve (carbon canister) delete

LUK dual-mass flywheel/pressure plate & Sachs 4 puck paddle clutch (approx. 6k old)

Potential there for 350bhp as there was on Prawn's pretty much identical setup. R-Tech will be mapping it, so I have no doubt the final result will be an awesome drive regardless of the figures.

Lol, Adam, a reshell into a Quattro TT is on the cards next year if I can find one with a blown engine.

Fitted everything and about to go for a drive!

Car is totally transformed, I think my EGR was leaking before as it didn't seem to boost as well as this. Thrown back into my seat and traction control light kept coming on in second.

The powerflex bush has made a shed load of difference too, gear changes feel so much firmer and whereas before changing gear (that I can tell now) would give me a massive delay between gears its now just on going and constant. It feels like when I had my Focus remapped and it just kept pulling all the way to the redline, really happy!

• Like 1