The Car Thread

MadManMike

Is it? How much is everyone else paying? Age, car and ncb please?

23, Volvo 940, 3 years ncb, £365 fully comp :)

To be fair that price was significantly lower than any other so I think I got lucky, and I have it registered at my parents address which is a very low crime area. (Don't hate me, I know I should get it changed)

In Volvo news, I now only have a downpipe for an exhaust, and a broken one at that. :( I've bought some sections to try and build my own system. Fingers crossed it fits/works.

Thanks.

I am pretty great at looking different.

Most people don't know what I even look like, it's hilarious.

You look like a younger version of plan b after he's had about 10 pints Edited by bing

You must be one unlucky guy :P

Very, I was rear ended on the way to work one morning by someone speeding and not paying attention, then someone pulled out on me, causing me to crash but they left before the rozzers arrived so the wasent traced and then a police van reversed into my car whilst it was parked outside my girlfriends.

£450, 3 years ncb, 20 years of age, Mx5 eunos 1.6. Fairly chuffed with that.

Hopefully get the suspension finished tomorrow, been away for a long weekend and left one of the shocks with someone to have a thread recut properly cause it was gash.

I pay about ~£320 on the mini and ~£500 on the focus st. I'm an old man 29 with 7 years no claims but my postcode is poo.

I wouldn't trust half these morons to tie their shoe laces, so they're definitely not driving my car :D

What are the plans for it anyway? Does it need anything 'fixing up' ?

There's really not much that needs doing. I'm replacing all oils and fluids, all the filters, fixing the heatshield back on because it's rattling on the exhaust at certain revs.

New speakers should turn up today / tomorrow but they're an easy fit, gotta fit the new stereo at the same time.

Other than that, it's pretty tidy - going to get some nicer wheels at some point, but it already has sticky rubber on so there's no rush :)