The Car Thread

MadManMike

2 hours ago, MadManMike said:

It actually should be half a day this time as I now have a blow torch and a massive breaker bar, the two things that I lacked which made the job a b*****d last time.

Add a ramp and a warm garage.  2 hours tops.

The van was pretty tricked out, rear ARB full cage, etc. There was one racing last weekend too, I reckon they can be pretty quick if set up right.

Ah, small world King! Should have come and said hello. What were you in? The rain made the day for me, I love it :D

I have an urge to work on the car but nothing to do with it. I can't clean it because the weather is shit, I can't clean the inside because it's clean, I can't fit new shiny bits because I need more bits to fit new shiny bits. 

I do need new front discs and pads but I can't decide where I want to order them from. 

On 11/15/2015, 9:04:08, Adam@TartyBikes said:

The van was pretty tricked out, rear ARB full cage, etc. There was one racing last weekend too, I reckon they can be pretty quick if set up right.

Ah, small world King! Should have come and said hello. What were you in? The rain made the day for me, I love it :D

Well I was with 2 friends, one with a standard 1.8 Eunos and the other with a turbo'd 1.6 Eunos. The turbo'd one is black with a comedy BGW on it.

19 hours ago, SamKidney said:

I have an urge to work on the car but nothing to do with it. I can't clean it because the weather is shit, I can't clean the inside because it's clean, I can't fit new shiny bits because I need more bits to fit new shiny bits. 

I do need new front discs and pads but I can't decide where I want to order them from. 

Mtec discs and Carbone Lorraine Rc5s Sam. 

4 hours ago, LiamWood! said:

Mtec discs and Carbone Lorraine Rc5s Sam. 

That's the ideal plan but would be wasted on my current 1.4 haha. A set of blank discs with some good road pads is the way for now, factors want £37.00 per disc! Need to do some eBay hunting. 

Got my anti roll bar links fitted this evening and I'm taking my rear subframe brace off tomorrow to have it blasted and anodised again. Swaying towards replacing my rear LCAs with some BWR or function7s when I get round to fitting my rear disc conversion and adjustable camber arms. 

Some better coilovers are on the adjenda early next year too along with some adjustable front upper arms. What i desperately need are some better tyres. These Parada Spec2s are pants.  

Edited by SamKidney

Had my discs away to be skimmed today as they had loads of life in then but we're giving me a very slight judder. Cars been on axle stands all day so haven't been able to use it. Put them back together this afternoon and now they're even worse than they were!