The Car Thread

MadManMike

Was running a bit noisy, so ran it over to my mate's place (big boss at Burton and been dicking about with Essex' on and off for 35 years) who's half a mile away as its first trip out, both of us were scratching our heads over what the f**k it was so i'm gonna pull it apart before it gets trashed. 

This car, this f**king car... 

I know exactly what you mean about the semi thing haha.

It's not car related but this arrived today which I designed at work (hard to explain what it is, but it's to hold our materials in an oven) 

But to me I love the fact that it was a design in my head, to being a model on solidworks, then tolerancing everything on the engineering drawing to having it machined by a company. And now it's in my hand. It's very rewarding. 

20160912_132541.jpg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, dann2707 said:

it was a design in my head, to being a model on solidworks, then tolerancing everything on the engineering drawing to having it machined by a company

I get this every single day :)

16 years here now and It's still great to see something you conjured up in your head become reality.

• Like 2

So I'm new to fitting suspension and just want to get some opinions before I dive in...

I bought some FK coilies and some new top mounts, both designed for the mk2 / NB, but will fit just fine. The top mounts I have are just metal and need upper and lower bushings.

MX5 parts have genuine Mazda upper bushes listed but don't have any stock, nor do they have lower bushes listed. I'd ideally like to just buy a kit with all 8 bushes in.

Any ideas???

Actually, it looks like I need more than just bushes.

http://s110.photobucket.com/user/saz9961/media/NBBushes.jpg.html

My new coilies have a simple flat washer and I have the largest orange part in that link.

Do I need everything shown there, or is that specific to those coilovers??

I'm fine with fitting the bits, I just want to make sure I have all the bits I need before I start.