The Car Thread

MadManMike

5 minutes ago, Danny said:

I bet you can't remove as much wiring as i did from my sol :P

stripped.jpg

If you remove anything to do with ABS, Stereo, Electric Windows, Etc you should save a bunch.

Impressive :lol:

Yeah the ABS has already been deleted, the radio, leccy regulators and sunroof assembly are all coming out so the respective looms will be coming out. The remainder of the wiring for the rear lights, the only essential wiring backwards of the dashboard, will be tidied up and tucked away out of view and risk of being snagged. 

Doors need some serious surgery too, they weigh a ton! 

Just be careful with stripping your doors Sam. If you don't have a cage that is. IIt's surprising how well they're designed to impact the forces in a crash. Removing that structure would massively impact their integrity. I'm not touching mine before I go full cage next year. 

One side of the floor repaired! Going to add an infill plate from the inside into the recess that's been left to strengthen it all up. If/when I get a roll cage the feet for the roof bar sit where I've made the repair and I'd like it to be as strong as possible. 

On 16/09/2016 at 3:57 PM, Danny said:

Fitted tomorrow then?

Unfortunately not, I was 190 miles away at my bros wedding. Next weekend is fitting time :)

On 17/09/2016 at 3:53 PM, Paperclip said:

Best place to get a soft top replacement? Seen a few on eBay but not sure where else to check. 

Says you're in Yorkshire, but I'll answer the question even if it's not helpful;

Jack R Smiths Trimmers in Swansea.

I got a brand new mohair top for the Eunos for about £280 fitted.

16 hours ago, MadManMike said:

Says you're in Yorkshire, but I'll answer the question even if it's not helpful;

Jack R Smiths Trimmers in Swansea.

I got a brand new mohair top for the Eunos for about £280 fitted.

Yeah I am Skipton so quite out of the way. The nearest place I found for my car was quite expensive coupled with bad reviews, leaking in from the glass fitting mostly.  

I would be cool fitting it myself but if the price isn't much extra and its only going to be a day trip to get done I am cool with it. The bike fits in it also so can always go and be social after ^_^

Thanks. 

30 minutes ago, Paperclip said:

Yeah I am Skipton so quite out of the way. The nearest place I found for my car was quite expensive coupled with bad reviews, leaking in from the glass fitting mostly.  

I would be cool fitting it myself but if the price isn't much extra and its only going to be a day trip to get done I am cool with it. The bike fits in it also so can always go and be social after ^_^

Thanks. 

You could try http://aspickering.co.uk/ they mainly do classics though so probably not cheap.

• Like 1