The Car Thread

MadManMike

Here are a few pics from the other day.

20170512_152029_zpskur1snq1.jpg

20170512_152035_zpszigveknn.jpg

20170512_152042_zpslmg4bvlx.jpg

So the next step was to get this sorted. You can see where the paint stops from when I stripped the car after painting.

20170514_153232_HDR_zpsxrqckam1.jpg

20170514_153235_zpswnat10kc.jpg

20170514_153240_zps1l6cenaf.jpg

Seats removed

20170514_160046_HDR_zps5zfglov7.jpg

Also removed these brackets too

20170514_170501_zps1wbq0yj0.jpg

20170514_170504_zpslxoxxqht.jpg

I need to flap them smooth next week.

Cage out

20170514_185927_zpsbqc0igjx.jpg

Handbrake off

20170514_185953_zpsmblgna1o.jpg

I will be changing the top dash to get rid of the broken one here

20170514_185959_zpstk00opsc.jpg

Removed the wiring loom too to re-tape as it had a lot of paint from last time.

20170514_190047_zpsmhc64dzv.jpg

I will head to B&Q this week and choose a paint colour as I want it a darker primer colour. I want it this colour...

2594d1448423110-official-stealth-grey-th

So I'm currently working in Wales for a couple of months and the office I'm based in don't have their own dedicated parking, however the hotel next door are happy for us to use theirs.

First week I was here, someone clipped my rear bumper and took off a fair bit of paint. Nothing structural, but looks a bit shit however given my rear bumper was already a little worse for wear I decided against doing anything about it, I'll throw some paint at it down the line. Since that happened, I've been parking in the furthest corner of the car park away from anyone else to avoid a repeat performance.

Got to work this morning, it was torrential rain. Parked a little closer so as not to drown on my way in, and came back to the car this afternoon to find someone had taken a load of paint off my front bumper. Assholes.

Will be going in to the hotel tomorrow to see if they have any CCTV, though from a quick look I couldn't see anything more than a Parking Eye type setup so not holding my breath for much success...

It's an independent hotel rather than a chain and isn't massive but being in Carmarthen 90% of its clientele are pensioners on day trips, so I suspect the standard of driving isn't the best. Sadly they have no CCTV and no way to track anyone down, other than a list of ~200 vehicles that I could potentially work through one-by-one, which really isn't worth it.

Ah well, back to parking as far away as possible again!

I'm going to put this out there from a wedding photographers view but nearly all car photographers I see produce the same boring stuff that everyone does. Pan this was, tilt camera that way. That photo is okay but it's not that difficult to do if you have a long lens.

If you want to see genuinely amazing racing photography then follow this dude. Really use of light, amazing compositions and thinking outside the box. Enjoy, his recent rally stuff is gob-smacking.

Link Here. Adam Pigott.

You've just got a load of grass in the way of the shot??? Haha

Well I've got a new mapping date of the 1st of July which should give me plenty of time to get the car sorted by then. 

I need to identify the blowing exhaust and sort that. Then obviously finish painting the interior! 

I received my new injectors from rs tuning... I'll be honest, it's absolutely night and day difference between the quality of them compared to the ones from SAS. Check out how rough the ones from sas look in terms of the plastic moulding and the deka logo... Ignore the number scratches, that was from the cowboy injector tester company. 

Capture_2017-05-17-18-02-29_zpsvoxnvjkx.

Compared to rs tunings... 

20170517_180104_zpsvjxij3py.jpg

20170517_180115_zpslw4cauz5.jpg

Take from what what you will. Would be interesting to see other peoples perspective on the quality there. 

Tonight ive been retaping my interior loom as I had quite a lot of paint on there when I painted my interior the first time. 
20170518_205426_zpsxsx7mq0a.jpg

20170518_220854_HDR_zpsinqpbx1j.jpg

Gone for a nice Matt finish on it which I really like. 

20170518_220858_zpsybi03sir.jpg

20170518_224513_zpsqhlutqhb.jpg

I completely redid the loom that you can see when it's in the car in this style just o keep it all neat and uniform. 

20170518_224518_zpsbbjvklrd.jpg

Got some p clips on the way so I can tidy it all up properly. Can't wait now I've done a decent job of it. 

Tomorrow I've got this to fit to the new dash. Absolutely sick to death of disconnecting the battery under the pass seat by unscrewing the 8mm nut so this makes sense. Only £12 too and it's fia approved. 

20170518_225836_zpsnhivpphw.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dman said:

They look fake Dan, you never know could be an old version. Why not contact the manufacturer, then if they are get your money back.

Yeah true, I've already got my money back mate. I put in a PayPal claim and the guy shat himself when I posted my experience on the forums. Obviously hiding something as he wouldn't accept a refund at first. You should hear the phone call I had with him, it's unbelievable. Can't remember if I posted the sound recording on here. 

You wouldn't believe the shakes of rage I got when he accused me of calling him an hour before the original phone call to abuse him. How a company can lie like that is unbelievable. We only ever had two phone calls, one a while back where I call him about sending them back and the 30 min one which was posted on the original thread. 

• Like 1