Getcreative Video Comp *results!*

1a2bcio8

Quite surprised my video got voted higher than a few others, I'm pretty happy with 3rd, thanks everyone!

A special mention for Ben for conceiving the comp and having the balls to do something with it, it's been a great success in my opinion no doubt due to all the effort you've put in (and other who helped). Even injuries didn't stop you (much)..respect!

Quite surprised my video got voted higher than a few others, I'm pretty happy with 3rd, thanks everyone!

A special mention for Ben for conceiving the comp and having the balls to do something with it, it's been a great success in my opinion no doubt due to all the effort you've put in (and other who helped). Even injuries didn't stop you (much)..respect!

Thanks Ali, kind words from yourself mean a lot :)

Yer...you wont post the FULL results..How can people improve on vids if they dont know how bad there vids were :P

Yeah, it's a difficult situation. I appreciate what you're saying but at the same time we don't really want people knowing that they came last. Also you can achieve feedback without knowing your score. In fact I think it's a rather weak form of feedback compared to proper constructive criticism. I'm sure you could ask the judges to give you feedback in this regard.

I'd love to get feedback about what people felt went right or could have been done differently :)

Start it earlier in the year for better weather and to be less conflicting with your studies.

Have a subsection to the videos forum just for GET videos. A lot of videos just seemed to drop off the first page really fast and might not have been seen. Then merge it all back into the main video forum once the competition has finished.

Yeah, it's a difficult situation. I appreciate what you're saying but at the same time we don't really want people knowing that they came last. Also you can achieve feedback without knowing your score. In fact I think it's a rather weak form of feedback compared to proper constructive criticism. I'm sure you could ask the judges to give you feedback in this regard.

Hmmm, I disagree.

If you came last, you came last for a reason lol. If some teenage boys are going to be offended by hearing they came last in a competition, there is something wrong in this world.

People come last in club trials/nationals/worlds. The results are posted online.. Im sure they dont want to commit suicide when this happens. If anything, it gives them encouragement to do better next time!

• Like 1

My studies weren't meant to be then. That was resits because I didn't turn up to my exams. It shouldn't happen again :$

But yeah it having started earlier would have been better.

I don't know that it will definitely happen again just because I know of somebody else possibly having something similar in mind. If that doesn't happen then I'll happily do this again.

Good idea about the videos though.

• Like 1

People come last in club trials/nationals/worlds. The results are posted online.. Im sure they dont want to commit suicide when this happens. If anything, it gives them encouragement to do better next time!

Kind of agree when you put it like that, personally I'm not too bothered if I know where I came, I'm curious, I'd definitelty read a PM telling me how I did :wink:

Well done Sean and Jon! Pretty cool that both the winners aren't British and Jon was riding an Ashton!

Oh, and everybody else of course, well done! I thank Ben for picking me to be a judge, it was fun! My favourite rider only received a spot prize unfortunately, but i am happy that they got something though.

I will say releasing what points people got was probably not the best idea.

I can see the reasoning behind keeping the rest of the scores secret as no one wants to be last etc, but how about if you specifically ask for your score / position you get given it and deal with the fact you may be last?

I didn't enter but I'd be pretty stoked to know where I came, especially if alot of effort was put into the vid.

I personally would like to know how my video faired in comparison to other videos.

It then gives me a better idea of what people prefer/dislike in a video.

And like Nick said...People have put time and effort in, would be nice to atleast see how the results look in full.

In the pro catagory, i could of put money on that 1st, 2nd, 3rd. Would be nice to see how everyone else faired..

• Like 1