Getcreative Video Comp *results!*

1a2bcio8

I personally would like to know how my video faired in comparison to other videos.

It then gives me a better idea of what people prefer/dislike in a video.

And like Nick said...People have put time and effort in, would be nice to atleast see how the results look in full.

In the pro catagory, i could of put money on that 1st, 2nd, 3rd. Would be nice to see how everyone else faired..

Just get an inspired and quit whinging :P

congratulations to jonathan tollerud and sean watson! and to everyone who took part. many thanks to Ben for putting so much time and effort into organising the competition, even with studying and injuries to worry about alongside it :) personally, i think that it is a great way for less experienced riders like me to get their videos out there. also, it motivates people to put effort into their videos, helping progression in their own riding and inspiring whoever is watching the video to get out there and make one of their own. altogether the competition is helping trials to grow and diversify as a sport. i definately think that having more competitions of this style in the future is a good plan! im really surprized that my video did as well as it did so thanks to all of the judges for putting so much time into that side of the competition :) i look forward to making more videos in the future.

• Like 1

Can someone make a topic with links to the winning videos? I can't see them because the competition page is way too video-heavy and keeps crashing Chrome. (Also I can't find the entries on the page because the titles of the videos are inexplicably images so I can't search for text?)

• Like 1

I personally would like to know how my video faired in comparison to other videos.

It then gives me a better idea of what people prefer/dislike in a video.

And like Nick said...People have put time and effort in, would be nice to atleast see how the results look in full.

In the pro catagory, i could of put money on that 1st, 2nd, 3rd. Would be nice to see how everyone else faired..

I too would like to know where I placed, as Joe say's short of people's actual feedback, knowing where you ranked from the judges views would help to know (assuming points where given on riding, filming and editing and then added for a total) where the rider can improve. I also think it would be great to see if I had beaten Joe Maher sounds like car, it's doubtful but would make my day.

Well the results wasn't quite what i expected! Glad to see some unknown riders to me got the top spots! Well deserved!

On the other hand! SPOT PRIZE!!! Never saw that coming! Never won anything but a bag of haribo in my life, well chuffed!

Has definitely "Inspired" me to make more videos, started another already :D

Well done to all who entered! And a massive well done to all winners!

I think it would be nice if you could get maybe the top 10 vids in HD and put them on a bluray or DVD for sale with profits going to a charity (maybe one that promotes cycling in some way). I have no idea if folks would actually buy it though. Some (most?) of the entries are some of the best vids I've seen. I have no interest in who won or lost but it's great to see all these amazing films.

• Like 2

Awesome :)

Thanks Ben, Inspired, Phoenix, Tarty and all the judges.

I had a feeling Rob was gonna beat me :P Well done to everyone who entered, hopefully everyone has a video they're proud of now and the inspiration to go out and make more. Definitely given me a kick up the backside and I'm definitely pleased I was involved.

:)

As above, would be good to know where I was going wrong and what could be done to improve

I don't really know how much info you'd really be able to glean from a number for each of the three judging areas though (if that makes sense :P)? There weren't any specific comments or anything for each specific video so I'm not sure you'd get much out of just seeing the numbers.

People come last in club trials/nationals/worlds.

The only thing with that is that it's a completely different way of judging. One is a system set out with rules, etc., whereas the other is just someone's opinion. If you came last in a comp and 5'd each section, you'd know from each section how you could improve and you'd be learning and progressing as you went through. If a judge for this comp decided to give you the worst result possible, you're not really learning from it in the same way as it's literally just a number rather than something you can get anything tangible out of. To give a fairly specific example, I know I gave a video 3 points out of 30. Knowing that score doesn't really give them much of a direction to go in. Similarly, it's a marking criteria for this specific video competition which is a pretty unique set of circumstances, so I don't think it'd really give them much guidance for actually doing a 'normal' video. If the comp had been along different lines they could've got a much higher score for the same video, but from what I understood from the marking criteria that was how I thought they did for this comp.

That's sort of what I mean though - it sounds harsh, but if the criteria were different it possibly would've scored higher. For this specific comp it didn't do anything for me, but it doesn't mean the guy's shit, it doesn't mean the video was shit and it doesn't mean he's not creative. If the person involved just saw a 3 for their score though then they might get the wrong impression.

That's sort of what I mean though - it sounds harsh, but if the criteria were different it possibly would've scored higher. For this specific comp it didn't do anything for me, but it doesn't mean the guy's shit, it doesn't mean the video was shit and it doesn't mean he's not creative. If the person involved just saw a 3 for their score though then they might get the wrong impression.

Mark... I'm chuffed with my 3! I wont hold any hard feelings!

Majority of these winners ride inspired bikes. Why do i seem to get the impression that this is possibly a fix?

Watched some good videos from it.

Congratz to the winners. Looking forward to next years.

Edited by Andeee
  • Like 1

Majority of these winners ride inspired bikes. Why do i seem to get the impression that this is possibly a fix?

Watched some good videos from it.

Congratz to the winners. Looking forward to next years.

There was nothing stopping you from making a really well editied and creative video.

Not to mention the person who won the Novice category was riding an Ashton? A bunch of people who won spot prizes weren't riding Inspireds either.

No sense in letting the truth get in the way of a good story though, so yeah, I actually gave negative scores to anyone who didn't have a seat because that's the kind of guy I am.

To continue on from what Mark said about the dude who won the Novice category being an Ashton rider (and also more trialsy than Rob or myself)..

Andeee's comment is pretty much bullshit since the only influence Inspired had over any of the winners was in the Novice category and they could only award a max of 30 points to a rider, so there is no way they were going to be able to 'fix' anything.

I think Ben (and Flipp) might have noticed if Inspired gave straight 30's to everyone on an Inspired and nothing those who chose other bikes.

What I think you'll find is that the reason the Sponsored category was an Inspired victory is that Inspired have (arguably) the strongest team of street riders of any company..

Edited by Sam Nichols