Euro's - Englands Chances

Simpson

England's chances of winning the whole thing are practically zero.

My bet is a disappointing scrape through the group and a first knock out stage exit that everyone will say we were unlucky or some controversial moment goes against us when the truth was we weren't good enough. Roy could be the greatest manager in the world, but it won't matter it's our shit players that play..

We were absolute shite.

Well you read it right there Rowan, England out. Italy were by far the better side at the end of 90 mins and extra time and deserved winners on penalty shoot out. History re-written yet again. Ps, love that italian midfielder who took the coolest penality ever.

• Like 1

I have to say you could see the young miss a mile off. Didn't expect cole to be as shit as he was. Joe hart making faces was just funny.

The frustration was that any time we passed it up through the field more than 5 times with really simple passes, it ended with a chance, or a ball into the box. Italy should have been beaten, but our team was too thick to do it.

We looked better than we did two years ago, and to top our group and make it the quarter finals is a big achievement.

Did you see the teams in our group ? 2 scraped victories against poor opponents and a draw against a very average French side, is absolutely nothing to be proud of.

Englands club sides tend to get to the very last stages of the champions league every year. And yet the national side is pretty much a joke, resorting to route 1 long ball football, giving the ball away over and over again and defending poorly.

Unless something changes in the premier league, and emphasis on english players increases England will never win another trophy. EVER.

Did you see the teams in our group ? 2 scraped victories against poor opponents and a draw against a very average French side, is absolutely nothing to be proud of.

Englands club sides tend to get to the very last stages of the champions league every year. And yet the national side is pretty much a joke, resorting to route 1 long ball football, giving the ball away over and over again and defending poorly.

Unless something changes in the premier league, and emphasis on english players increases England will never win another trophy. EVER.

Pretty sure we'd never beaten Sweden in competition before? we won from 2-1 down. We drew with France, average or not we didn't lose!

I think some people won't be happy until we win every competition every other year. I enjoyed watching them play, and can accept that with our current generation of footballers I think we did the best we could do.

We need fresh blood and some imaginative mid-fielders to make anything of our team, and as I've always said...Ronney is not the key. As soon as he came back our team when and flopped.

I'm genuinely more annoyed at the retarded amount of bloody Facebook statuses in the past few minutes than the football. I didn't even know we were playing 'til an influx of people talking about it just now, couldn't care less.

It's the statuses from many of my fellow Scottish "friends" that annoy me, why are so many of them against England? It's just scummy and embarrassing.

The thing is Scotland are there for a laugh, if they'd qualified the Scots may well have got a day off work and when they played it would be light hearted with lots of Tartan, ginger wigs and a friendly atmosphere. English football hooligans fans seem to always expect to win and take it as a personal insult if anyone dares speak ill of their squad/game/match or whatever.

It's not about being bitter or England being better, it's about English fans being generally c@nts.

• Like 1

Well done Hodgson, great start to your England career.

Yer to be fair I think Hodgson's done a good job all things considered, it'll be a right shitter if he gets stick for all this and doesn't get to have a decent crack at the world cup. I'm all for managers being given a bit longer to iron out creases anyway though. I'm not saying it went well, but that's more down to poor performances then his choices if you ask me.

Only thing I'd have really changed at any point is the fact that Rooney was left on the field so long when to be honest he's just living off a name, and Milner shouldn't have been on either.

You could tell Cole was gonna miss that penalty as soon as he put the ball down, looked so nervous and keepers thrive off that.

Edited by Max Quinn

To be expected from the Scots though. Seem to be bitter about always being half as good as England, who are always half as good as the best.

Not really - we know were shite and we can have a laugh about it and don't hype ourselves up when we know we would fail.

The thing is Scotland are there for a laugh, if they'd qualified the Scots may well have got a day off work and when they played it would be light hearted with lots of Tartan, ginger wigs and a friendly atmosphere. English football hooligans fans seem to always expect to win and take it as a personal insult if anyone dares speak ill of their squad/game/match or whatever.

It's not about being bitter or England being better, it's about English fans being generally c@nts.

So which way would you vote in a referendum?

So which way would you vote in a referendum?

About English hooligans? Send them to Siberia and let the Russian Mafia have their way.

On the whole President Salmond thing, f**k that. I really don't know why they'd want to go the whole way (seem to have the best of both at the moment) an II think it's far too much of a risk to go ahead. I also think that the decision shouldn't be just down to the Scots. Surely England, Wales and Northern Ireland ought to have a say as to whether the UK is split up, not just them/us.

The main thing that annoyed me with England was if you go out and play defensively and end up losing you just look like cowards. Against a (lets be honest) weak Italian side we shouldn't have played so defensively, there was no need, we should have got at them and made it easier for ourselves. The stats spoke for themselves at the end of the match, I don't know what I think of Hodgson, if you play like men with spirit and determination if you lose then you can walk off the pitch with your heads held high as it was we ran scared the whole match and lost and I don't think there's many positives to take away from that.

I like this thread. I work at a football club store and I don't even like football, I'll just remember some things in this thread to make some conversations when I'm at work.

Que everyone talking belgian waffle to make you look like an idiot at work haha