Tarty Bikes...product Ratings?

Jonalong

Everyone talks about Tarty Bikes, and it seems to be the main Trials retailer online, so why are there so few ratings for the products on there???

It would really benefit everyone if everyone rated, surely? It would make a lot of my decisions a lot easier that's for sure!

Ideas?? Is everyone being lazy?

The system is deliberately only set up so you can rate something if you have actually purchased it from us.

Yes, it reduces the number of reviews, but it greatly increases their reliability.

I see far too many 5 star reviews on other sites that are something along the lines of 'I bort dis 2day nd shud be ere soon cnt w8 my m8s gt 1 n i luv it!' - we wanted to avoid that!

• Like 5

Completely agree with that, definitely should be for purchased products, I thought you would have sold more than you have in that case... or not a lot of people are rating!

I'm only bothered cos I'm about to buy a fair bit off you.. haha. Cheers.

Edited by Jonalong

I'm sure Adam's already thought about ways to boost the amount of reviews, but really the only efficients ways of doing that will cost Tartybikes cash. I'm not sure that having a lot more reviews will be worth having to offer 'a discount off your next order' or 'entry into a monthly comp to win x' for coming back and doing a review.

I'm sure Adam's already thought about ways to boost the amount of reviews, but really the only efficients ways of doing that will cost Tartybikes cash. I'm not sure that having a lot more reviews will be worth having to offer 'a discount off your next order' or 'entry into a monthly comp to win x' for coming back and doing a review.

Don't even have to give anything back, just have a "Top reviewers" page, and say that the top reviewer of the year will be highlighted on the main page as a news update, or even win a hope water bottle :P

Don't even have to give anything back, just have a "Top reviewers" page, and say that the top reviewer of the year will be highlighted on the main page as a news update, or even win a hope water bottle :P

Would that make you bother? My ego doesn't need stroking that much to be on the front page of a site related to reviewing products that go on silly looking bikes...

It's a trade off between the effort of running the incentive and the benefit that comes from that. If the reviews will breed higher value sales more often then sure, but that's unlikely being as the 'reviews' most of us need comes down to what riders we'd like to ride like use.

Would that make you bother? My ego doesn't need stroking that much to be on the front page of a site related to reviewing products that go on silly looking bikes...

It's a trade off between the effort of running the incentive and the benefit that comes from that. If the reviews will breed higher value sales more often then sure, but that's unlikely being as the 'reviews' most of us need comes down to what riders we'd like to ride like use.

No but some people may. Trials bikes don't look silly. :o

Personally I looked at the reviews a lot when I first saw the website, but now I know what I like and what to get just from riding.

No but some people may.

Exactly, that's the trade off. If resources are going to be put into putting a system like that in place and administering it they have to come from somewhere else. Business is all about prioritisation, and something which - at best - 'may' work isn't going to be high on anyones agenda.

Haha... my thoughts exactly guys.

Review away! I happily review my products on Amazon after I have purchased them, mainly because I really appreciate the reviews left by others.. :)

Nearly every product I buy on the internet is based on customer reviews!

I disagree! People who buy Trials products on Tarty bike are generally going to be people who can leave a half sensible review... I would bother simply because it's going to help others make a decent purchase!

Problem is 90% of the time I ring and speak to someone which doesn't always get registered with my online account. Barely ever order online, prefer to speak to someone and usually ask their advice if I'm unsure.

I always place orders over the phone. Any questions I have or advise I need can all be sorted im one go

This. I always order over the phone - which you then don't get an option to review online.. If i feel that i need to review i post it as a question on the product, which doesn't really work the same way.

I always order over the phone - which you then don't get an option to review online..

We know that is a limitation, and it's something we've been trying to work a way around since the reviews section started... As JD says though, gotta prioritise :(

quit complaining. i just spent the last 2 hours reviewing everything i have ever bought with this account. been drinking and watching men in black 3 so ive been rambling abit. hope the tarty guys fine the 40 reviews funny

Edit: much better reviews than this post though

Edited by Ash-Kennard
  • Like 1

I also haven't ever left feedback and sometimes have found it helpful, so I shall make the effort to do the same!

Additionally, it'd be nice to be able to comment on the general service of Tarty - I know it's been mentioned on here before, but for none useres of the forum that were to use Tarty, may be a good persuader. Have seen on other websites and it may appear a little cheesey / could even be made up, but none the less, and credit where credit is due! I've once made an order at 3pm and its been at my door (standard delivery) next day at 7.30am, incredible - don't think you get that with Next do you? haha. Additionally, always helpful on the phones and welcoming, unlike the 2 LBS around me that are unable to understand a crank arm and that the freewheel is on a thread, not fixed on!

Gone on a bit sorry.. Cheers

The system is deliberately only set up so you can rate something if you have actually purchased it from us.

Yes, it reduces the number of reviews, but it greatly increases their reliability.

I see far too many 5 star reviews on other sites that are something along the lines of 'I bort dis 2day nd shud be ere soon cnt w8 my m8s gt 1 n i luv it!' - we wanteed to avoid that!

You can always delete their comments if they are badly edited, overly biased or constructively unsound or, put a correction program in to stop this. The other issue is that your losing out on comments from those who have purchased products from Tartybikes in the past but cannot add their comments if the purchase of the item is not recent ie; a few months, even if they are on the system. For example take the original Trialtech sport risers bars, which probably the most reliable product Tartybikes have ever sold, everyone who has purchased that product from cannot add their comments.

We edit reviews for grammar and spelling and that type of thing, but having to do that for a load of reviews would suck basically, haha. Looking at sites like Winstanleys and Alans, it just seems it's not really worth it. The reviews we get are 'safe' in the sense we know they bought the product and have used it, which would be undermined any other way.

Similarly, if people want a broader range of reviews then there are plenty of forums they can ask on too so they can still get the information they want/need to make a decision I guess.