Internet Shops

swiftspeed star

Hi,

I've been searching around for a while now trying to find a good online store i have found two tarty bikes which is ok just doesnt have everything out there and rock 'n' roll bikes which only has onza parts does anyone know of any other sites that will ship to the uk mainland/ are based in the uk mainland

Thanks in advance,

Swiftspeedstar

You'll probably find that within the UK Tarty almost certainly have the widest range of stock for sure. Not every shop will stock everything.

Oh, Tartys service rocks too. Not one single problem with them from my end.

www.tartybikes.co.uk

Love you. ^

• Like 1

I use tartybikes a lot, excellent service and excellent range of products, plus their website is easy to use for a retard like me

I've used trials addict before too, excellent service only lacks on range of products

I did an experiment and ordered products from both, both arrived at the same time, both had amazing customer service, very helpful.

Give it a few years and trials addict will have a much wider range of products, so i'll be stuck for choice between the two

I'll add... trials addict have better quality stickers (sorry tartybikes)

Edited by Danny00135

As much as I'm a fan of TartyBikes, Adam and all the guys that work there, I still think that from a consumer point of view some extra competition is very very healthy. TB's are the whole package, not only do you get the extensive product range, great prices, fast delivery, fantastic customer service and top notch after sale service BUT how many other trials shops regularly trawl this forum offering free advice and assistance on everything trials related? Plus they actually support the forum too...

...better quality stickers (sorry tartybikes)

In related news, we've actually got some new stickers coming (which is why white stickers have been out for a while) that should be a lot better than before. We checked the samples and the white stickers are actually white :P

• Like 2

In related news, we've actually got some new stickers coming (which is why white stickers have been out for a while) that should be a lot better than before. We checked the samples and the white stickers are actually white :P

Oh boy! Im going to clean a patch of my frame right now!

• Like 2

I'd always try the FS/Wanted section, ebay or retrobike before I went and bought brand new. I'm just thrifty like that.

As for the stickers. Can some people not get enough? I'm not that fond of the graphics most trials retailers use and would rather not get a bunch of them with my order next time as they just go to waste. A wee option at the end of the order form for; Free Stickers? Yes Please or Free Stickers? No Thanks, should maybe be an option? Might save a few pennies?

• Like 2

Trials-Addict are really good. Ben is always happy to help and if you want something a bit different he's always happy to try and source for you and always at a very good price. If it's not on the site just call him as he's more than likely got it.

I've spent a fair chunk of money with Ben over the last 4-5 months and have always recieved excellent customer service.

Can't recommend them enough.

• Like 1

Firstly, thanks a lot to the guys who have mentioned TartyBikes - we really appreciate it. We do work hard to try and meet your needs, which is why threads like this are extremely useful in helping us to up our game, and in turn you get a service that is tailored more closely to what you want!

Sending stuff out same day for next day delivery isn't 'amazing service!' any more in my opinion. That's just our job. Been doing it long enough to be able to get that right 99.9% of the time. It's the other stuff that makes the difference between a good shopping experience and a great one (IMO).

As already mentioned by Mark, we weren't all that happy with the previous lot of stickers (they were a bit boring and the white wasn't opaque enough), but we had ordered them in enough quantity to last for a couple of years. Now they are running out, we have ordered a new design to check out. Should be around in no more than a few weeks. A small thing but we take pride in the details.

Sam mentioned competition - we also see that as healthy. It's easy to get 'stuck in a rut' so new competition is what we thrive on. I believe it should be on a level playing field though, which brings me onto the next point.

Trials addict can order anything you could ever wish for to do with trials.

While that is a good thing (referring to the 'healthy competition' element highlighted above), any legit shop can do that and has been able to for a long time. They just need to have good contacts. Ben and Jack (especially) at Trials Addict have been around long enough to know a lot of the ins and outs of trials and who supplies what.

We like to be pretty selective about which products we offer to customers, since the quality of the products reflects upon the shop in my opinion. We can get literally anything, but we have cut ties with certain suppliers before, such as Speed Race. Most of the stuff would arrive damaged and we had to sell it at a discount. We didn't think customers would want to receive goods that are scratched / dinged / dented, even if they are at a discount? If I'm wrong let me know!

Other brands of course are a bit more careful with shipping and customer service, and we have built up loyalty with them over the years. We're exclusive UK distributor for quite a lot of the major trials brands; Koxx, Try-All, Echo, Neon, Because, TNN, Reset, Ribo, Ozonys, Rockman, V!Z, ZOO! and probably a couple more. If other UK shops are selling those products, then they should have been purchased through us. Maybe that's why some shops seem to have lots of other stock they don't show on the website. Seems strange mind you, since as a shop you obviously want to try and sell stuff, haha. It's clear when products haven't been obtained through the correct channels though, because they just appear on a shop's website or Mr X pops up on Trials-Forum or Facebook with 'Got my new xxxx from xxxx shop, thanks guys!'

You can also find some shops selling certain brands (mainly the China-based brands it seems, Echo for example) without having purchased them through the correct channels, but claiming to do so - it's possible to buy straight from a re-seller in China, dodge the import fees because it's only a small consignment and sent to a home address, then flog the stuff on to make a tidy profit. Sometimes 'cash only' is even stipulated by the seller so it doesn't go through their books and it avoids paying any taxes on the sale as well. If customers want to do that then great, it keeps people out on their bikes and we are all for that, but you can just import those items yourself. Saves you a few quid (the re-seller's margin) and you are in the same position as before - no warranty and not helping to support the core businesses that supply your 'bread and butter' parts.

Competition is a good thing and we welcome it - but I believe a level playing field is required to keep that competition healthy!

• Like 8