2012 Brakeless Inspired Pro

Nigel Kilgar

OK so this is my inspired pro 2012 bike things i have changed are:

powder coated frame gloss white

dmr moto 2.4 tyres as the maxis ones are rats

trialstech cranks and bb because bash and echo sl ffw 18-12 gearing no tension is perfect

bonz high rise bars

and odi long necks with flanges

i also upgraded the brakes from avid elixir 5's to shimano saints but due to the rear one having a leaky lever im riding brake less till its back from shimano on warranty

I know im going to get slated about the front free wheel but i ride skate parks and street and natural and its perfect for all don't really notice it when doing manuals or flowing hips and bowls

29587610151344166854714.jpg

Edited by Nigel Kilgar
  • Like 1

ive ridden flanges on bmx for 4+ years best things since sliced bread when doing turn downs lookbacks and such just feel more in control and dmr motos just feel stiffer and have more surface area contacting the floor miles better for park and street holy rollers seem more dirt jump and street when i rode bmx people ran holy rollers never could feel confident with them ran odyssey dirt paths instead mile better contact area bit like the moto

ive ridden flanges on bmx for 4+ years best things since sliced bread when doing turn downs lookbacks and such just feel more in control and dmr motos just feel stiffer and have more surface area contacting the floor miles better for park and street holy rollers seem more dirt jump and street when i rode bmx people ran holy rollers never could feel confident with them ran odyssey dirt paths instead mile better contact area bit like the moto

I sort of found the opposite - I found the Moto RT tyres almost felt more knobbly than the Holy Rollers, and were a lot slower. The big flat blocks on the Holy Rollers seem to make it more like a slick, whereas the smaller blocks on the Moto RTs make them more like a 'normal' tyre. If I was riding more natural stuff I think I'd probably go for the DMRs, but yeah, for street I much prefer the Holy Rollers just because they seem to roll a lot better.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, but the bike looks sweet. Like the flanges too - if I could find grips I liked with flanges, I'd be all over them!

• Like 1

I sort of found the opposite - I found the Moto RT tyres almost felt more knobbly than the Holy Rollers, and were a lot slower. The big flat blocks on the Holy Rollers seem to make it more like a slick, whereas the smaller blocks on the Moto RTs make them more like a 'normal' tyre. If I was riding more natural stuff I think I'd probably go for the DMRs, but yeah, for street I much prefer the Holy Rollers just because they seem to roll a lot better.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, but the bike looks sweet. Like the flanges too - if I could find grips I liked with flanges, I'd be all over them!

i guess it personal preference ,im glad some one likes flanges to must be a bmxer thing ;-)

hopefully getting a video together in the next week or two :-) watch this space

it was just a way to make people look at the thread god sake everyone on this forum is so anal at the littlest of things i remember when this forum was fun and not full of teenagers being mr know it alls bring back the good old days of trials forum

The old days less than a year ago, when you joined?

I don't remember everyone loving sensationalised, false claims then either :P

Good looking bike though.

He was a member years ago.

OK, I'll rephrase:

I don't remember everyone ever loving sensationalised, false claims on here :P

Misleading title to get views got views. Can't then be pissed off that people got a bit perplexed by the misleading title. I think it'd have got just as many views by just saying 'Powdercoated White Brakeless Fourplay' or something, and then people would have just been talking about that instead of bickering... But I digress...

• Like 1

OK, I'll rephrase:

Misleading title to get views got views. Can't then be pissed off that people got a bit perplexed by the misleading title. I think it'd have got just as many views by just saying 'Powdercoated White Brakeless Fourplay' or something, and then people would have just been talking about that instead of bickering... But I digress...

I should have edited the quote better. I was referring to your comment about him only joining a year ago.

OK, I'll rephrase:

I should have edited the quote better. I was referring to your comment about him only joining a year ago.

That's kind of my point. Whether he joined a year ago or 10, he's talking about the 'good old days' as if people wouldn't have asked what the 'twist' was back then. They would have, I remember because I was here too - except I've kept the same account so it's easily proved...