The Carthy Bar Angle.

Laurence--Trials

I see what Seabass is getting at, the angle of the bars hurt your wrists so you want them in the same position but without the obscene angle?

But the angle is the whole point of the bars being like that so that when you're stood on the back wheel they are in a comfortable position, if you did it your way then when you're stood on the back wheel the bars would be rolled too far back would they not?!

• Like 5

Why not just find where they feel comfortable for you? One riders preference might not be everyone else's.

how will you know unless you try it? i agree with dave, the bars need to be at that angle to improve the posture on the back wheel

thats because you should be getting your pecker out and doing girls.. not getting your protractor out and doing drawings.

just a bit of life advice...

Terrible life advice, you mean. If the whole of your life really revolves around sex then you clearly need to re-think your method. Getting the protractor out and doing drawings might lead to drawing something that makes lots of money. Say, a bridge. Once it's been built and you get paid obscene quantities of money, your odds of catching the prize at the end of the chase are significantly improved.

Unless it's actually the chase you enjoy - in which case fair enough, carry on.

• Like 6

thats because you should be getting your pecker out and doing girls.. not getting your protractor out and doing drawings.

just a bit of life advice...

Any one can have sex, it's more impressive when people buckle down and do something useful and intelligent with their time as apposed to just doing what our primal instincts tell us.

• Like 3

Just to make things clear putting the bars right the way forward is to get a bit of a longer reach to the bike not because the bar angle has to be there that's just a by-product if you could 150x25 stem the bars would be in a more ideal place

Regarding bar position yea putting them forward is good, when the back sweep is at top dead centre or just a bit further is ideal as its much better to transfer you weight

When they get to the point of being upside down then it becomes harder, but the benefit of having the longer reach by far out weights the strange bar angle

yes, i dont understand why you have such a problem with all things not bmxy related. give it a rest.

I don't have a problem, don't forget I did 12 years of riding seatless bike around the world, why would I have a problem with something I did for most of my life? What I do have a problem with is people stating things that are not true. You DON'T need to have your bars at extreme angles if you don't want to. I understand some people like it and some people can use it for their advantage and I'm 100% totally cool with that.

"the bars need to be at that angle to improve the posture on the back wheel" Tell that to everyone out there who does well at comps who doesn't have that angle, Kenny is probably the best rider out there and he gets on fine with a more normal position. I don't think his posture looks bad.

• Like 3