The Angry Thread.

Blake

Arrange to meet someone to ride. Get the 40 minute train to leeds. Get here; text to see where he is. Reply 'I'm not coming out, can't be bothered to move.'

F@%k this shit.

hate people like this, who was it?

Arrange to meet someone to ride. Get the 40 minute train to leeds. Get here; text to see where he is. Reply 'I'm not coming out, can't be bothered to move.'

F@%k this shit.

Sounds like a complete twatend. You should name and shame.
  • Like 1

Had a shit day at work! Been working straight since last monday, so pretty tired. Got in this morning to open up and the till completely dies, ended up on the phone to tech support for ages dealing with the standard, is it plugged in, unplug in and plug it in again, blaah blaah blaah! Of course i've tried this before i rang because i'm not a f**king mong! They say an engineer will come out in the 3-4 hours (at 8am) with a new till, so i have to do all of the transactions on paper and can't take card = ballache! 1pm comes, still no engineer, but a courier turns up with a replacement till. had quite a busy lunch time and has been a right pain in the arse serving without a till! Finally he turns up about 2:30, sort it out, happy days! Then delivery arrives, so crack on putting that away, the fridge door is pretty stiff at work, so gave it a yank and smashed the door into my head, managing to split my head open in the process!

[/rant]

Ben

Starting to dread this last exam Thursday. Lecturer barely speaks any english, complained about him all year to the seniors but nothing was done. It's the hardest module by FAR, Engine systems so lots of thermodynamics etc etc. The four exams were ok but this one is going to be the year failer :(

Not sure whether to be happy or angry that I won a lid on eBay for £54 posted, then today won one for £17.50 posted, more annoyed than happy I think. Oh well, got a spare in-case...

The cheaper one is meant to be the better of the two as well.

Well, despite my manager who is also my union rep insisting I'd be able to claim all my lost wages from breaking my ankle back I've just spoke to the solicitor assigned the case who doubts I'll get anything. That's almost £1500 of wages I'll have lost, f*****g wankers

Just been catching up with one of my friends from foundation, she's alright but nothing special and thanks to her uni has had her work featured in GQ and is in the running for ad contracts.

What am i doing? Kerning the word Railway. This course is a f**king piss take.

Just been catching up with one of my friends from foundation, she's alright but nothing special and thanks to her uni has had her work featured in GQ and is in the running for ad contracts.

What am i doing? Kerning the word Railway. This course is a f**king piss take.

That's pretty whack, but I guess the flipside is that if you're actually covering real stuff rather than just using the "knowing people" schtick then when Shit Gets Real you'll have the tools to deal with briefs whereas she might not?

But yeah, know that feeling - my uni was shit and felt like it was holding me back rather than helping me forward. The only reason I got anything out of it was by pushing harder with my own personal work.

Yeah, i kinda see that; but when it's something SO basic that everyone on the course should know already it's just infuriating. The whole year has comprised of people teaching me shit i already know, feel so de-motivated about it all. If second year's anything like this i'm off.

I've done more personally that i'm proud of this year than i have in uni. Makes you think.

Aaaaaaah, cool - with my degree course, the first year was similar too but shit stepped up in the second year. First year was so basic that it was even down to "This is how you set your aperture, and this is what it does". I remember at the time thinking "Holy f**k, £3k a year on fees...", but the problem is is that they have to start off at a super basic level then gradually bring everyone up to speed before going at in the second year. A group of 4-5 of us went up to our tutor to say we felt it was shit, and he put it that in the first year you learn how to learn, the second year you do your learning, then the third year you prove what you've learnt. Although there's obviously more to it than that - especially your third year - it does sort of hold true, so it should ramp up a bit as you progress. You'll almost certainly want to quit in the first 1/3 of your second year (as did most people on my course, and a lot of my friends at other unis), but if you just hold on it does get better.