The Angry Thread.

Blake

Not really angry, more frustrated.

Im In limbo about when I start my new job, none of the departments/managers have any idea when it will be and I just want to be in and working already. Im not liking hanging around with very little to do until I start!

• Like 1

There should be a law against putting up Christmas decorations before December, was driving around Wythenshawe the other week and there's loads of houses with lights up and a house down the road has gone the whole hog with a reindeer and allsorts outside.

Don't get me wrong, I'm Christmas' biggest fan but can we not keep it in December and try and contain some of the excitement?!

• Like 1

Not angry, just kinda deflated. Been chatting to a friend of mine tonight about a few things and some stuff that's less than ideal at the mo, she asked who picks me up if i'm having a shit time of things during the week. Taken a good 10 minutes to realise I don't actually have an answer to that question.

I need to sort my f**king life out.

Out of interest, and it's not a dig at you at all but why are you still with your GF? Do you feel that she'll do something crazy if you dump her or something?

Took my exhaust manifold to work today to be welded by one of the welders on site, refinery manager walked in to the fab tent on his once in a blue moon walks round site and now I could potentionally be out of a job in the morning if the word on the street is correct.

All for bringing in something to have welded?

Out of interest, and it's not a dig at you at all but why are you still with your GF? Do you feel that she'll do something crazy if you dump her or something?

Why? Despite her doing my head in sometimes I do actually love her, believe it or not. She's got a lot of issues but is facing up to them at long last and I guess i'm just hoping she'll go back to being who she really is full time, and when she is like that it's the best thing in the world. It's one of those 'unless you've been there' things it's probably kinda hard to get your head around if you're looking at it in black and white. She's not really giving me grief at the minute though, i'm just having a pretty non-fun time of things; no idea why. Just a bunch of day to day shit that's like swimming through f**king treacle sometimes. I don't think i've ever really been super stoked on life the past few years but always have things to keep my mind off it, and I don't really have many distractions right now. It'll pass!

• Like 5

Danny said throughout the Imaginate thing he loved riding the loop, so I'd imagine if he got the chance to ride a fun loop setup again and get that Microsoft moneeey it would be fairly hard to turn it down.

Something else to consider with stuff like this is that Danny - when he can - uses his friends to help out (e.g. getting Vision to build the ramps/things he rides) so he's effectively helping his friends make a living too, all because large companies think that being associated with him will be lucrative.

Well that would just mean a job to me, which isn't what he's doing, he's advertising shit phones that he probably doesn't even own, let alone use to organise himself and stay in touch with his manager "Big T".

It's just like all the bodybuilders you see advertising shit they probably don't even take and saying "this protein powder is amazing!". Nah pal, it's shit.

I really hate it, it's essentially just mis-selling but because it's advertising that makes it legal, and some dafty NMC noob will fall for it because Lord Mac said it was rad and end up with a wank phone they hate.

Performing/acting and being paid to do so makes it a job - whether you like the product in question doesn't really change that fact.

I was replying to Rainbird with my last reply. Should have quoted, sorry.

Don't care if he helps his mates out, everyone does that when they can, and don't care if he gets paid making his job a job, what I care about is the blatent mis-selling going on and the fact that his face is on it. That advert shows the fancy trials man using his snazzy new phone, for what reason than to suggest "Danny Mac says this phone is great!" to people watching? It just pisses me off how dishonest it is, and how people I've always looked up to are getting involved in it.

Also couldn't actually care less about it being a Microsoft phone. Replace it with my own phone and I'd still hate the fact he's advertising it.

Do you really think David Beckham likes his signature after-shave? Or that Victoria Pendleton ( orAli C :wink: ) really enjoy/drink Gatorade when they train?

Same with nearly all product endorsements really- you're paid to do the job not to like the product.

No, but I think they're all dishonest bastards for peddling it.

If you think that "everyone" would take the trouble to arrange things specifically so they can help out their friends back home once they've made it, you're pretty naive. Having seen how some other much less successful trials riders operate I'd say that in the trials world at least there aren't all that many people who, given Danny's opportunities, would actually think about anyone but themselves trying to cream as much money as possible off any project.

What if he did think it was great? What if it was objectively great? Are you basically just saying that you don't like it because it's an advert? That appears to be the case, but I don't really understand how you think that Danny would be able to do the things he does and produces the video he does without commercial backing of some sort...

If you think that "everyone" would take the trouble to arrange things specifically so they can help out their friends back home once they've made it, you're pretty naive. Having seen how some other much less successful trials riders operate I'd say that in the trials world at least there aren't all that many people who, given Danny's opportunities, would actually think about anyone but themselves trying to cream as much money as possible off any project.

What if he did think it was great? What if it was objectively great? Are you basically just saying that you don't like it because it's an advert? That appears to be the case, but I don't really understand how you think that Danny would be able to do the things he does and produces the video he does without commercial backing of some sort...

Fine, not "everyone" but "everyone who isn't an arsehole". I'm doing well in my career so I've put my neck out for a few mates to try to get them jobs in companies I've worked for.

Yes, I hate advertising and I really dislike the fact that one of the seemingly nicest people in this tiny world of trials is getting involved with selling stuff that's not related to what he's known for. I can tell you what computer shit to buy because my career is centered around being an expert on computery things, but I wouldn't say "Hey chaps, I'm Muel the computer faggot, but here's an unrelated piece of wank just in time for Christmas that I don't use to call up Big T when I have an idea!". If he was saying Inspired bikes are the best then I would be fine with it, but he's not.

Are you drunk? You sound kinda mad. Of all the things going on in the world at the moment, this is the thing you take offense to? :P

Nope, just incredibly angry at most things atm. :lol:

I really f**king hate it, I've been taken in by it too many times and been sold shit as a result. (Although it's happened far less often to me than to a lot of people I know).

"Big T" is Tarek, Danny's manager, who I would imagine would generally be the first person he'd call if he had a project he was undertaking.

I don't really get why you have to be 'an expert' to say whether you think something as generic as a phone is good or not too. From being in the flat/on trips with Danny he's almost always using his phone to speak to people, sort e-mails out, plan shit, book plane tickets and so on, so I'd imagine that he probably uses his phone for a wider range of activities than a lot of people would do on a daily basis. He's busy as f**k and does, from the times I've been there, use his phone to plan all that stuff out. Consequently, I think he'd probably be in a pretty good position to suggest whether a phone was/wasn't good or not. However, that's exactly the same as what I'd expect to happen if I asked on here which shiny new phone I should buy. I wouldn't expect there to be a "mobile phone expert" on here, but I would expect people using a generic item to do things to have an idea about which ones were/weren't good from their experiences. I guess you might not have thought about that kind of thing though if you've "been sold shit" by just buying into an advert you've seen apparently without researching the product in any way? ;)

Out of interest, do you also think that the Way Back Home, Imaginate and Epecuen videos are all dishonest and shouldn't be allowed to have happened because Danny isn't a physician or nutritionist and therefore can't possibly know whether Red Bull does or doesn't give you wings? :P

"Big T" is Tarek, Danny's manager, who I would imagine would generally be the first person he'd call if he had a project he was undertaking.

That's actually a real person/name? I take that bit back then. :lol: Never imagined that Danny would need a manager, let alone one he called "Big T".

I don't really get why you have to be 'an expert' to say whether you think something as generic as a phone is good or not too. From being in the flat/on trips with Danny he's almost always using his phone to speak to people, sort e-mails out, plan shit, book plane tickets and so on, so I'd imagine that he probably uses his phone for a wider range of activities than a lot of people would do on a daily basis. He's busy as f**k and does, from the times I've been there, use his phone to plan all that stuff out. Consequently, I think he'd probably be in a pretty good position to suggest whether a phone was/wasn't good or not. However, that's exactly the same as what I'd expect to happen if I asked on here which shiny new phone I should buy. I wouldn't expect there to be a "mobile phone expert" on here, but I would expect people using a generic item to do things to have an idea about which ones were/weren't good from their experiences. I guess you might not have thought about that kind of thing though if you've "been sold shit" by just buying into an advert you've seen apparently without researching the product in any way? ;)

I'd say you should be 'an expert' to give advice on stuff because you need a deep understanding of a subject in order to recommend what different people may need. You've described Danny as essentially, a heavy user. Does he know how phones work? What would someone with different needs to him need? If so then great, but it's not something he's known for so can't see why they're using him to advertise that phone, apart from the obvious "Look at this phone that Danny Mac says is rad!" aspect. When I was younger I got effected by it more than I do now, because I was more impressionable. I've always researched stuff, just not very well at times. Researching a product and understanding information is a skill that lots of people struggle to ever learn.

Out of interest, do you also think that the Way Back Home, Imaginate and Epecuen videos are all dishonest and shouldn't be allowed to have happened because Danny isn't a physician or nutritionist and therefore can't possibly know whether Red Bull does or doesn't give you wings? :P

Yes but to a lesser degree, because Red Bull costs £1 a can or whatever, and people either like it or dislike it. If they mis-use it then they will probably get some health issues but if not, they'll be fine. Interesting you mention the "gives you wings" slogan though, as they've recently been knobbled for that and have had to pay out $13m in a settlement thingy, $6.5m of which is compensation for customers who did not grow wings: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/11155731/13m-lawsuit-proves-Red-Bull-doesnt-give-you-wings.html

But, that doesn't cause people proper harm because you'd have to be a moron to believe it ever gave you wings. But in the case of the phone, if you're a bit impressionable then you could easily end up with a phone for 2 years that isn't right for you purely because you liked Danny Mac.

I feel this has gone slightly off topic and you're focusing on details of what I'm saying, like the use of the words "job" or "expert", to clarify my issue is that he's well known for being the best in the world at riding "street trials" if you want to call it that, but is advertising unrelated stuff. I'm sure he uses toilet paper as well, but I don't expect him to pop up advertising Charmin.

Pretty sure it's called 'having bills to pay'. If Microsoft/VW/Red Bull approached and said 'Hey! We've got a hefty chunk of dough for you if you ride your bike but spend 5 seconds holding our product' it'd be mighty difficult to turn down, regardless of what some guy on the internet thought. I say good on him, he's obviously good at what he does and he's 'exploiting' that for financial gain whilst he's in the limelight. No different to 99.9% of the population would do in his situation, plus If in the mean time he's taking Vision Ramps, Duncan Shaw and Ali C places, giving them connections/contacts then he's far from a sell out.

Pretty sure it's called 'having bills to pay'. If Microsoft/VW/Red Bull approached and said 'Hey! We've got a hefty chunk of dough for you if you ride your bike but spend 5 seconds holding our product' it'd be mighty difficult to turn down, regardless of what some guy on the internet thought. I say good on him, he's obviously good at what he does and he's 'exploiting' that for financial gain whilst he's in the limelight. No different to 99.9% of the population would do in his situation, plus If in the mean time he's taking Vision Ramps, Duncan Shaw and Ali C places, giving them connections/contacts then he's far from a sell out.

Never said anything against that, my issue is purely with him advertising stuff unrelated to what he's known for. I think the stuff he's done with Red Bull regarding his mates is great, and what he should be doing.

Like I've already said many times already, the crux of my problem with it is that the adverts he helps produce say "buy this thing, because Danny Mac advocates it", which is fine if he actually does advocate and use it and is well known for using it, like Inspired Bikes or possibly Red Bull if he likes it, as both can be related to doing backflips, but what has a phone got to do with doing backflips? He could use any phone on the market and still do backflips.

I guess the big question is, does the fact that he gives loads back negate the fact that his face is being used to advertise shit that isn't related to what he does? I strongly think not.

Muel, you don't often sound like a complete prat, but you most definitely are now. Just letting you know.

I get the feeling this is one of those situations where I should keep my opinion to myself. I've got a f**k load better at judging when to do that in recent years, but I'm very tired and stressy atm. :lol: