The Angry Thread.

Blake

Is using a disabled toilet that bad? At work we have one on each floor, and when I use my bike at lunch I change shirt to I pop in one of them and change quickly. The reason for using a disabled one is getting changed in a cubicle isn't ideal with a rucksack, it's just a bit tight. Today I came out and the old haggard Scottish receptionist says 'it says disabled'. I wouldn't normally care that much, but she waited for us to walk past each other and mutters it to herself so she knew I could hear, it's just annoying, call me out on it instead of being so ratty about it. And the thing is I've seen so many other people use them all the time, and without going down to the basement it's not like I'm going to change in reception.

Is using a disable toilet that bad a thing to do?

If only I could have voted yes.

I don’t see a massive problem with it. Unless of course if I was in a wheel chair gagging for a shite and some dick is in bent over looking in the mirror combing his hair because it’s too much of an inconvenience to go somewhere else to get changed.

Its guys like you who force building managers to have to lock the disabled toilets, forcing disabled people to have to go to reception/the bar to ask for a key to the toilet in front of everyone. "Excuse me sir, I said excuse me! Yes, im down here. Ive got a turtle head pokin out, and Ive been properly pinchin the end of ma boaby for 5 minutes because the toilets locked! Can I have the key please?!"

Abled bodied people aren’t discriminated like that, are they?

• Like 1

I don’t see a massive problem with it. Unless of course if I was in a wheel chair gagging for a shite and some dick is in bent over looking in the mirror combing his hair because it’s too much of an inconvenience to go somewhere else to get changed.

Its guys like you who force building managers to have to lock the disabled toilets, forcing disabled people to have to go to reception/the bar to ask for a key to the toilet in front of everyone. "Excuse me sir, I said excuse me! Yes, im down here. Ive got a turtle head pokin out, and Ive been properly pinchin the end of ma boaby for 5 minutes because the toilets locked! Can I have the key please?!"

You do have an absolutely remarkable way with words Ross :)

"pinching the end of ma boaby" being my personal favourite.

• Like 1

I try and use disabled toilets wherever possible, always bigger and often cleaner. I'm usually pretty quick so don't really see a huge problem with it. Unless I am in a cafe with a Disabled Mothers UK meeting in which case I'll use a normal toilet. That said I never park in disabled spots so not sure if I'm being hypocritical.

Selected parts quoted in my sig for future reference. That's the funniest thing I've read on here for a while

Is using a disabled toilet that bad? At work we have one on each floor, and when I use my bike at lunch I change shirt to I pop in one of them and change quickly. The reason for using a disabled one is getting changed in a cubicle isn't ideal with a rucksack, it's just a bit tight. Today I came out and the old haggard Scottish receptionist says 'it says disabled'. I wouldn't normally care that much, but she waited for us to walk past each other and mutters it to herself so she knew I could hear, it's just annoying, call me out on it instead of being so ratty about it. And the thing is I've seen so many other people use them all the time, and without going down to the basement it's not like I'm going to change in reception.

Is using a disable toilet that bad a thing to do?

If only I could have voted yes.

I used disabled ones all the time, I don't think it's bad. I see them as just a toilet that happens to be accessible to wheelchairs, not exclusive to them.

I used disabled ones all the time, I don't think it's bad. I see them as just a toilet that happens to be accessible to wheelchairs, not exclusive to them.

This is the main problem, peopke don't understand what those toilets are for. Disabled doesn't mean that the person has to be in a wheelchair, all it means is that when a disabled person needs the toilet, there is one available.

I never use them purely because of that, there are people with disabled badges with intestinal problems who look like they're fine, until they realise they're 15 secs from their arse exploding.

I know someone with chrons who's ended up "in trouble" several times because healthy people were using the disabled toilet.

• Like 1

My stance of whether using disabled toilets is morally okay is undecided now, but I’ll stop where I they build some changing rooms.

Today though I walk through reception, earphones in, and hear something. I pause the music and turn to hag lady saying ‘don’t just ignore me, aren’t you going to help this woman’ and there was a woman moving some boxes over the turnstyle thing. I hadn’t seen struggling woman, it’s a big reception and there’s stuff in the middle, so her trying to make me feel bad was just stupid. She’s clearly decided I’m a horrible person.

Given your logic.. what's your standpoint on the ladies lav?

Disabled toilets are unisex, Ladies toilets are not.

This is the main problem, peopke don't understand what those toilets are for. Disabled doesn't mean that the person has to be in a wheelchair, all it means is that when a disabled person needs the toilet, there is one available.

I never use them purely because of that, there are people with disabled badges with intestinal problems who look like they're fine, until they realise they're 15 secs from their arse exploding.

I know someone with chrons who's ended up "in trouble" several times because healthy people were using the disabled toilet.

Obviously I'll use standard toilets where possible, but if I'm really needing to piss or take a crap I don't see how that's much different from anyone of any ability desperately needing to take a piss or a crap so I'll use a disabled toilet if that's the option given to me.

I assume the point they're getting at is that there's going to be a non-disabled toilet in the vicinity (if there isn't then the toilet wouldn't be specifically for disabled people) that you could use instead, whereas a disabled person wouldn't be able to.

To be fair, those dudes did seem to design that place to be a labyrinth you get lost in so you're forced to buy shit from those well over-priced vending machines to sustain yourself in your quest to one day find the exit. Taking a politically correctly located shit is usually the least of your worries.

Obviously I'll use standard toilets where possible, but if I'm really needing to piss or take a crap I don't see how that's much different from anyone of any ability desperately needing to take a piss or a crap so I'll use a disabled toilet if that's the option given to me.

Point I was trying to make was that, I have a friend who has shit himself more than once because somebody with nothing wrong with them was doing an ordinary poo.

The chances of that happening is obviously tiny compared to how many times those toilets are used by non-disabled people, but it's kinda irrelevant when you've shit yourself in a public place. :P

But Crohn's wouldn't stop him using a 'normal' loo either surely which, as has been pointed out, would be very close too.

The amount of noise and smell makes it deeply embarrassing, and in a lot of places they only have 1/2 cubicles in the gents which are often all in use.

Anyway, like I said, I can see why people do it. In my opinion it's not excusable as you're using facilities that are not provided for you, they're for other people.

Edited by Muel

Point I was trying to make was that, I have a friend who has shit himself more than once because somebody with nothing wrong with them was doing an ordinary poo.

The chances of that happening is obviously tiny compared to how many times those toilets are used by non-disabled people, but it's kinda irrelevant when you've shit yourself in a public place. :P

My point was that shitting yourself is highly unpleasant no matter your ability, just because I'm able bodied doesn't mean I should stand there and void myself if there's a perfectly good toilet in the disabled one.

But the real question is: would it be easier to conceal shitting yourself in a wheelchair because you're not going to have poo falling out the bottom of your trouser legs, or would it be better to be able-bodied so you can try and tactically let them out Great Escape style?

• Like 1

A friend of mine shared a link on my Facebook- of a Muslim extremist mass beheading. I usually refuse to click on these as Facebook will take you through multiple pages, asking for access to this, that, blah blah blah. But this link went to the video. I watched, almost unwillingly, a man pulled from his children and his head separated from his body by a blade. His head rolled and his body went limp and collapsed. I'm not A violent person, I don't think I've ever had a fight with anybody since I was little, but the overpowering urge to find the man behind the blade and torture him to the point of madness, rip his body limb from limb and laugh at his suffering, frankly scared me and made me angry with myself. Now I just feel ill. Godamn Facebook.