The Angry Thread.

Blake

Not 'angry', just doesn't fit anywhere else. Dirt magazine just announced they're going online only, which is a shame. Working there was the last 'proper job' I had near on 5 years ago, and it was an awesome product. Just a shame that the whole niche magazine side can't really last as a profit making business these days.

• Like 1

Not 'angry', just doesn't fit anywhere else. Dirt magazine just announced they're going online only, which is a shame. Working there was the last 'proper job' I had near on 5 years ago, and it was an awesome product. Just a shame that the whole niche magazine side can't really last as a profit making business these days.

See i'm tied when I think about this news. Obviously it affects me quite directly professionally and is a sign of the difficulties with print magazines in this day and age (something that is really disappointing as on a professional level I love editorial design, and on a personal level I'm very fond of magazines) but over the last however long Dirt has just, for want of a better word, gone shit. The content is rubbish, the editors are awful and the level of language used is just embarrassing. I didn't read it in the glory days, but by all accounts it was a lot better.

They also seem to purposefully want to buck certain trends. For instance the DH scene is not what it was on a UK level. The World Cup still has a very loyal following but you can't miss the rise in 'Enduro' riding/racing and they're coverage of this side of the sport has been sporadic at best. As first they begrudgingly reviewed the odd bike etc, and gradually race coverage has followed but it's just not up to the same standard as other publications with similar agendas. I understand they want to stay true to their DH roots, but you cant only have content for 4-5 months of the year and there doesn't seem to be too many DH riders wanting to support them, otherwise their readership wouldn't have dipped to a point where they're unsustainable.

The weekend/week just passed was the biggest biking event so far this year, and a massive event in its own right. There was the first EWS race of the season (which was incredible), a big DH race, a slope style competition (with fairly decent prize money), pump track challenges, every major rider imaginable was there and even more events than I can remember and there is not one jot of coverage on Dirt. Nothing. I don't get it?

Edited by Matthew62

It's definitely not the beast it once was. I think it'd be pretty harsh of me to be honest about why here, because I know that certain members of that team have stalked on my thoughts over here over the years (quite bizarrely). It's safe to say, though, that any business which can't decide whether to follow their passion or the money won't be any good at either.

Today was a strange day

Woke up 10 am, that was nice, lunch and doing nothing till 1 pm.

I started to make an insurance on my car from 1st of April, so confused.com, yes, I can get £500 insurance.. go to the website shoots up to £1500.

Never found that £500 quote again... So now I am payin £73 per month instead of £43. It is okay, as I need a car here, but not a good thing....

Went to the dentist, cannot feel my face, it is strange, I am hungry too..

Today I will do a nightshift, 8pm to 8am, will be long, I will bring my boards there as I suck at embedded C programming, it will be a long and uneventful night hopefully

Today was a strange day

Woke up 10 am, that was nice, lunch and doing nothing till 1 pm.

I started to make an insurance on my car from 1st of April, so confused.com, yes, I can get £500 insurance.. go to the website shoots up to £1500.

Never found that £500 quote again... So now I am payin £73 per month instead of £43. It is okay, as I need a car here, but not a good thing....

Went to the dentist, cannot feel my face, it is strange, I am hungry too..

Today I will do a nightshift, 8pm to 8am, will be long, I will bring my boards there as I suck at embedded C programming, it will be a long and uneventful night hopefully

Should have in-cognito moded it mate! They do the same thing what airline websites do where you get a really cheap price, go elsewhere to check other prices, come back and it has gone straight up and you can't get your original quote back ANYWHERE.

They f**ked me over with that and my price went up by another £400 when I returned. Luckily I had it set up so they email you the quote everytime you do one, so just went back to that on the email, gave that reference number on the phone and sorted it absolutely fine.

Should have in-cognito moded it mate! They do the same thing what airline websites do where you get a really cheap price, go elsewhere to check other prices, come back and it has gone straight up and you can't get your original quote back ANYWHERE.

They f**ked me over with that and my price went up by another £400 when I returned. Luckily I had it set up so they email you the quote everytime you do one, so just went back to that on the email, gave that reference number on the phone and sorted it absolutely fine.

So you are saying cookies are your enemies?

I should have tried that, although I do not have that reference... maybe next year

How the f**k is a thermal jacket hundreds of £'s, but a piece of cardboard can keep a McDonalds apple pie hotter than the surface of the sun for hours?

250204_1612924295589412_3958353824495960

Obviously I've just burnt the roof of my mouth on the thing. Still kept eating it though.

Huh, apple pies out here look very different... and are never THAT hot.

Took an hour to get home from work instead of the usual 17 mins, due to some f**king doylem wagon driver ignoring the high wind warnings on the Ouse bridge and proceeding to go over said bridge with a static caravan on the back of a low loader.its now on its side blocking 2 lanes, it was blocking the whole thing and had to close since half ten this morning. What a tosser. It says in massive letters on the matrix signs bridge closed to high sided vehicles

Don't believe it, just seen Andrei Burton is doing Ninja Warrior UK in Manchester this week, would have been perfect to take the kids to watch over Easter

I saw an advert posted at my local climbing centre for that, unfortunately I only noticed it 3 days after the closing date, gutted :(

Bike is up for sale. After I have not used for like half a year, and I will not use it for a while I think it is time to sell it up :/

Kinda angry, as I must do some sport, and I need some sport that is not trials it will be gym probably..