Pashley 26MHZ Budget Build

CurtisRider

I agree in most instances, but here I would have to say Id prefer a classic pashley colour or something along the lines of atomic green with all black parts.

ps - thats the wrong orange for fifty6 isn't it JD? :P

It's definitely closer in real life, but it's certainly not exact!

I'm looking forward to seeing the Pashley build in grey, for sure - I'm more interested in seeing one with horizontal dropouts though (Y)

The idea was to build this on a budget, so I have just used whatever paint I had kicking about as I can't afford to be buying any, especially when I had some to use up. I had the choice of Massey red, Lamborghini white, Ford blue, JCB grey, black, some sort of candy red, massey silver and a lighter metallic silver. I figured that I hadn't had a grey bike yet so went with that! When I do the dropouts I can give it a fresh spray, not exactly as if it takes much time :)

• Like 1

The idea was to build this on a budget, so I have just used whatever paint I had kicking about as I can't afford to be buying any, especially when I had some to use up. I had the choice of Massey red, Lamborghini white, Ford blue, JCB grey, black, some sort of candy red, massey silver and a lighter metallic silver. I figured that I hadn't had a grey bike yet so went with that! When I do the dropouts I can give it a fresh spray, not exactly as if it takes much time :)

YOU DIDN'T SPRAY IT CANDY RED?!?!?!?

You're possessed.

I have the original Pashley badge which will certainly go back on and little 26MHZ/TV decals, which I may chuck on. I would quite like a Reynolds sticker too, but I think I should keep the bike clean and simple+ if I do go welding horizontals on it and give it a fresh coat of paint, then I don't want to waste the genuine decals!

Rear wheel is built up (Sun Big Mammoth on a Bulb) and 3 piece cranks (Premium Lite) have been found and fitted. I have a choice of 2 front rims, a Sun Big Mammoth or a Mavic XC rim (I think it my be an F519, but it looks a little slimmer than I remember them being), and then I can get the front wheel built up. I need to find decent rear tyre, the Schwalbe I have is 2.5 and FAR to big for the chainstays! I have a few old Tiogas which will have to do for now...pinches ahoy :P

Back in Nottingham on Sunday, so the bike will get built up next week, really excited!

Got the frame inside so the paint can harden properly (far too cold out in the shed). Really happy with the finish, amazing what an £8 gravity fed gun and some cheap tractor paint can do! Hopefully these pics show the colour better than before...

P2204501_zps858ac595.jpg

P2204505_zps9eed608f.jpg

Premium lite cranks with a 5 arm spider and mission steel bash. Hoping to get on the lathe and make a 1 piece setup to save some weight as this is pretty hefty!

No way. Didn't know irc did missiles. Didn't know missiles were red. Didn't know missiles existed. What was the benefit of missiles? Missiles is a good word. I remember Kujo and panaracer had ridiculous pinch protection side walls.

No way. Didn't know irc did missiles. Didn't know missiles were red. Didn't know missiles existed. What was the benefit of missiles? Missiles is a good word. I remember Kujo and panaracer had ridiculous pinch protection side walls.

They're loooooooong gone, Kujo & El gato took over before 2000.

IRC Trailbears of today use the same tread, but the tyre is crap. Kujo was the best for punctures, then Missiles, then the El gato with paper sidewalls.

Well it is built up! Weight isn't too bad considering the steel frame/forks/cranks... adding up the weights of each part it has come out as 25lbs, I can lose rather alot by swapping to lighter cranks (currently 1400G for cranks, bb, spider and bash)

P2254558_zps98df0ae2.jpg

P2254554_zpsaa90aef3.jpg

I haven't been able to ride it yet due to having some sort of virus that has knocked me out for the past few days, however it did feel like I need a longer/higher front end for me to feel comfortable on it (hence the bars being forward to see what difference it made). I want to run the front cable through the steerer (hence the flexy noodle) and fit on my Fred Salmon booster once its been painted. I also need to build the front wheel as this one belongs to another bike, then grind the rims!

• Like 3