The Drift Trike thread.

ashleys sugden

It's just annoying.

Every car meet I have been to within the last two months there has been some chump on a "drift trike" sliding around the car park making hateful noises and sliding near all the cars.

Which puts everyone who isn't involved in this amazing hobby on edge because there is some scrote on his little sisters tricycle sliding about near their beloved car, you can't have a conversation because of the shocking scraping noises of it, dogs are going mental over it and worst of all it LOOKS antisocial so to any locals or passers by a friendly gathering of enthusiasts who never have any issues has turned into a disturbance.

In the last three months I have spent over 9 hours in the company of "drift trikes" and they have gone from mildly annoying to a considerable annoyance.

Trials rider can get in the way and are also a huge annoyance to the public, but most people can relate to trials riding through BMX or various medias. Where as being dragged around on a kids tricycle just makes you look a bit like a scrote who's pinched if from someones back garden.

Running silly boost on a 1.8t doesn't offend anyone.

well thats why you do at it night when nobody is around. if you actually made one or had ago, you would realize how fun it is! every member of the public ive seen whilst doing it have asked me how to make one, positive comments, not negative!!

i also didn't make this thread to get stupid comments, if they don't interest you then don't comment??

Massive generalisation i've never seen them at car meets here and you can buy them off the shelf at Walmart. People buy them and use them in the hills late at night, or if you brave, during the day. There is always a chase car warning of coming cars. Flash of high beams and we pull over. We aren't going slow though so usually we complete the run before they get annoyed ha.

Should try it, it's awesome fun, especially in the right multi storey. The one in Bristol for example with the circle ramps, be awesome.

• Like 1

No thanks; I'm not 7 any more.

If I want to "drift" in anything it will be in a car on track at a drift day, not on a 5-10YO Tricycle in a multi storey car park somewhere off the M5.

Enjoy your thread.

What happened to you man?

I used to get on with you. These days you just seem to act like a kunt on here - why?

You judge everyone constantly, like you have no faults. It's f**king annoying.

• Like 1

No thanks; I'm not 7 any more.

If I want to "drift" in anything it will be in a car on track at a drift day, not on a 5-10YO Tricycle in a multi storey car park somewhere off the M5.

Enjoy your thread.

Not free though is it? Seriously, stop trying to be all mature, admit it's a good laugh when done responsibly and come have a play sometime. You'd be surprised at the publics opinion of them, they don't just think you're a pain in the arse yob unless you're being an idiot. If you're being sensible they're more often than not just pleased to see someone having a laugh doing something simple and harmless. Most people actually have a little respect for people who are willing to be immature occasionally in the pursuit of fun.

I'm VERY glad multi-story carparks have been mentioned, for some reason I'd completely forgotten about them, but there's a local one that's a good 6/7 stories with a continuous spiral ramp down one side of it, and it closes at about 9pm because there's a smaller one beside it for overnight parking. Perfect!

PS, I live in a pretty damn rural area and I've never been on a van roof either. Polo/Volvo/MX-5 (well, roll bar)/metro - yes, but not a van. (Well, not a moving one anyway, I've sat on them to watch stuff/eat a few times)

Edited by RobinJI
  • Like 1

Ok, it's not the highlands, but it's not exactly a metropolis. There's shit all here but people and the minimum basics to support them. It's definitely a rural area culturally even though there's a bit of concrete. Kind of area where you can't have a social life without driving at least half an hour ever time you want to see anyone. (Also, my work's in a farm building in the middle of the countryside, and my dad's place is in a tiny hamlet in devon, plus I spent a fair chunk of my childhood in a small village in cornwall. Having been to uni in Oxford, which is only a small city I definitely stood out as a country kid haha.)

Edited by RobinJI