The Drift Trike thread.

ashleys sugden

Hi everyone!

me and a few of my mates have made drift trikes.. i have to say these things that look taccy and something a kid would use are actually pretty fast and awesome. there are quite a lot of us riding them around Derbyshire. the last meeting we ended up with 18 trikes.

just wondered if anyone else on the forum have made them, post your pics in here, your videos, your designs, the lot!

ill start by uploading a pic of mine later on.. for now. ill leave you with a few awesome video links and to our drift trike page "DriftTrike Works"

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Driftrikeworks/346521525437395?fref=ts

heres the facebook page.

Edited by ashleys sugden

Been playing with them with a few mates in Bristol, great fun. I picked up an old Huffy Green-Machine at the weekend so I can use it's front hub to make one with freewheeling pedals, should be a good laugh. Just need to find some go-kart front wheels now then get busy with the welder at work.

A video of us lot messing around a few months ago, shame it was dark!

http://vimeo.com/55205752

Edited by RobinJI

What the hell do you make the back wheels out of?

10" sack barrow wheels with 10" PVC sleeves. ebay drift trike and it all comes up dude.

Im going to make full advantage of my use of the welder at work in my spare time and have a crack at one of these.

Looks super fun!

they are awesome on a long windy steep quiet hill!!!

Looks awesome, shake about the lack of roads in England that would be suitable for it though haha. Most have potholes, bumpy, narrow etc...

you would be suprised! there are some awesome ones around near me

Drifting cars is generally much more expensive and probably more dangerous too. You go ahead though.

Already have, I meant what about cars when you're using a drift trike (considering most hills that will be good to use will be driving roads).

Already have, I meant what about cars when you're using a drift trike (considering most hills that will be good to use will be driving roads).

what we do, you have one of your mates in a van or car in front, and one behind all the way down.. and then towing back up, you load into the van, some sit on top of the van and most of them will get towed on a rope to the top.

664452_10151192038889694_1808534433_o.jp

Not many places you can do it Perth, but it's super fun.

We went round the city one night till like 3am, was amazing.

Most people here weld solid axles into either end from a go kart, let down the tyres, slide big PVC pipe over the top then pump up tyres to seal them on.

So much fun.

• Like 1

Nothing annoys me more at car meets than little twats being towed around doing this.

It makes everyone involved look like a mindless idiot and just gets in the way and up the nose of everyone who isn't involved.

Really; what's the point in it?

Edited by Pashley26

It's just annoying.

Every car meet I have been to within the last two months there has been some chump on a "drift trike" sliding around the car park making hateful noises and sliding near all the cars.

Which puts everyone who isn't involved in this amazing hobby on edge because there is some scrote on his little sisters tricycle sliding about near their beloved car, you can't have a conversation because of the shocking scraping noises of it, dogs are going mental over it and worst of all it LOOKS antisocial so to any locals or passers by a friendly gathering of enthusiasts who never have any issues has turned into a disturbance.

In the last three months I have spent over 9 hours in the company of "drift trikes" and they have gone from mildly annoying to a considerable annoyance.

Trials rider can get in the way and are also a huge annoyance to the public, but most people can relate to trials riding through BMX or various medias. Where as being dragged around on a kids tricycle just makes you look a bit like a scrote who's pinched if from someones back garden.

Running silly boost on a 1.8t doesn't offend anyone.

Edited by Pashley26

For a start he isn't on about being towed round a car park whilst a bunch of lads masturbate over something shiny under a bonnet, he's doing it on quiet roads out the way of the public to avoid being a nuisance.

Secondly, modding cars does offend some people, I remember my mates old MR2 turbo that was running at such a level you couldn't roll along off the gas without it backfiring extremely f*****g loudly every couple of seconds which was really annoying.

• Like 1

Every derby dubs meet I've been to in the passed 6months there's been some thundercunt sat revving his mk4 golf Gti just to show off his HKS blow off, that's annoying and is pretty pointless, but he enjoys himself I suppose. Me and a few mates take our rc cars and drift round the car park, we no doubt get in people's way once or twice but no one says anything. Allllll in the pursuit of 'fun'.

Well I find it a nuisance, and I would find it even more of a nuisance if I encountered it on the road.

Stupidly loud exhausts offend me too; but on the whole just like with drift trikes you've got somebody who modify's their car in a reasonable way and doesn't offend to anyone, then you've got somebody who throws a huge jap can on their Subaru because it sounds bear mean blud.

The latter type are obviously the drift trike muppets that get dragged around car parks annoying everyone.

Edited by Pashley26