Boston Marathon Explosions

David

So the System is killing the minds of our children. And you're the only one smart enough to see it? and try as you might, few others have the wits/intellect/clarity to accept it, you stand alone against the unending might of your enemies. Today a hero is born.... [see my earlier post]

Psychological games/constructs are fascinating to study, the above could be described as a coping mechanism to deal with a perceived need to feel smarter/more useful in society/respected/etc. Something that I imagine is becoming more common today due to the perceived insignificance of any one person within society as a whole. Goverments naturally become the focus of these 'games' because of their size and complexity, and the power they have. Its easy to see evil/malice/mystery in a system you don't understand.

When did I say I was the only one "smart" enough to see it? I think everyone is capable once they consider the facts; facts that I have offered yet you have ignored. Feel free to fit me into your psychological model once you've discredited that evidence but until then your application of that model doesn't stand. The model you're talking about is not about the truthfulness of a theory but about somebodies need to generate meaning in their life at the expense of truth. If what I'm saying has truth then you can't apply the model.

Feel free to watch the following TED on creative intelligence and how the schooling system kills it. TED conferences are scientifically prestigious and you won't really find conspiracy theorists or idiots there. Mostly sound reasoning grounded in good evidence.

http://www.ted.com/talks/ken_robinson_says_schools_kill_creativity.html

You say life under Sadam wasn't great, but what were the prospects for the country? Endless changing of hands from one dictator to another. Living in fear from the police. The police which used torture chambers to get confessions to basically anything they wanted you to say. Militia that handed out brutal punishment anywhere and everywhere, and I doubt very much that hospitals in iraq where handing out treatment to everyone that needed it, although I don't know that for a fact.

The figure of over a million dead iraqs (I haven't checked that) isn't really a valid fact to rely upon for an argument. We don't know how any of them died, whether they would have died anyway, whether they were killed as the result of american/iraq action or even foreign fighters from neither nation.

We also don't know what would have happened had Sadam died of natural causes; civil war?

My point is in the long run we may have prevented deaths, and created a foundation on which a real functioning country can be built, instead of leaving a sinking ship to sink, we've scrapped it and built a new one in effect.

I agree the the installation of a democracy hasn't exactly gone to plan, but I do believe that the intent was to have one. That's obviously more difficult to put in place than expected.

I don't agree that we are 'fine' with dictators. I think what you are seeing is a relationship of necessity. I'm fairly certain that if Saudi Arabia, or any other dictatorship, was to push it, they would find themselves on the wrong end of an invasion. In fact I believe the only reason North Korea isn't balls deep in American/South Korean soldiers is there relationship with China.

You claim I'm assuming things; but I would say it is you. I'm listening to real information which comes to me, fact. Where as I think your theories are essentially grounded in assumption of foul play. You don't 'know' therefore you assert your theory as if it is a truth. This comes into play when you basically just said that we don't live in a democracy, which is completely untrue. Again you don't 'know', but you claim companies are in charge. Sure they have an influence, maybe even a larger one than they should, but the bottom line is you vote how you want. The basic fact that if you want to you can run as a party candidate, become the leader, then win an election to become pm and appoint who you wish means that we are in a democracy.

Also although this sentence 'The response is often reflexive rather than thoughtful and expressed in conventional rationalisations for imperialistic atrocity' would appear to to be an articulate sentence to a layman; I think it's typical of your tendency to write in a tedious and long winded style which achieves nothing more than to bore most people out of the discussion.

Actually medical care, schooling, etc. were the probably the most advanced in the Middle East. The level of literacy was very high (link). I wasn't denying that Sadam did a lot of nasty things but the quality of life and amount of deaths differs massively.

Also, actually, those figures relate specifically to the consequences of war. They are founded on methods that are scientifically peer reviewed and accepted as valid. The Lancet (link), one of the most prestigious medical journals there is, has produced two reports on deaths related specifically to the invasion - causes such as the invasion itself, destruction of infrastructure leading to death (water, sanitation, etc.), etc. - the last of which was in 2006 and found there had been 654,965 deaths as a result of the invasion. This is following the millions deaths that followed from the sanctions after the first gulf war. I forget which more recent reports suggest over a million deaths due to the second gulf war but, I think, the Lancet numbers are sufficient for my point.

You can include civil war as a cause but that is the result of invasion. Sadam maintained relative peace between various religious factions. This is something which must be accounted for as a consequence of invasion.

Regarding dictators, I'm offering you a direction to investigate what I say by considering events in the 20th century such as Nicaragua, El Salvador, The Domican Republic, Indonesia, and so on. Rather than actually doing that though you just make more assumptions without looking at any facts. I also didn't say that we are simply fine with dictators, I said that we are fine with dictators that serve our purposes. We have a problem with anyone that interferes with out interests be they democratically elected leaders or dictators.

You said I didn't offer any facts but that's a complete lie or, at best, a total misunderstanding of what I've written. I've even offered you some of the sources for my information. Are government documents, for example, not enough? I am, ultimately, only offering you limited examples but you're criticising the amount of detail I'm going into? I'm offering you a direction but without wanting to explore it you are shooting me down. At no point have you adequately addressed my points.

We live in a western world that has the potential for democracy. The institution definitely exists in a sense. However, a definite requirement of democracy is an informed populace and we lack that. The way politics is presented by the mainstream media serves a certain world view; a world view of wealthy interests. Does it not make sense that newspapers, television, etc. are generally owned by wealthy people or exist in a conglomerate (as part of a group of businesses) and therefore, ultimately, they will serve the world view of those owners or the advertisers that bring them revenue? In Manufacturing Consent by Chomsky, we find a statistical analysis of the emphasis and amount of reporting that goes into official enemies against official friends. Indonesia and East Timor, the first of which was a CIA and UK sponsored coup that helped install the General Saharto (spelling) in place of President Sakarno (spelling) didn't feature in the news. Neither did the genocide of the East Timorise by the military dictatorship of Saharto. Sadam's atrocities didn't feature very much in the news until he stopped being useful and then his atrocities were fully displayed to justify war. There's so much to say and I've offered so many jumping off grounds. It's up to you if you actually want to properly investigate what I've said if you really want to refute it or whether you want to keep coming at it without really knowing about it. Again, this sort of thing doesn't come from conspiracy nuts but is grounded in political scientific study, academia, etc.

Feel free to skirt around my points my calling my writing style boring or whatever. I'm pretty disinterested in this sort of dig at my character. I'm only really interested if you're willing to actually consider my points seriously and argue against them with good evidence and reasoning. You've not really offered that. You've clearly not investigated anything yet you've continued to deny it. There's not really much else I can say other than repeating myself.

Edited by Ben Rowlands

i could of predicted 90% of events after the bombing

What, you mean a public outcry, search of CCTV and photos to try and sus out who placed the bombs then a massive manhunt to chase down said suspects? The dead policeman at MIT and the car chase is a little Hollywood but if you've done something like this you're never going to go quietly so some kind of chase/showdown is to be expected too.

So extremist Muslim Chechens done it... are they on the CIA books or are they actually shapeshifting lizards?

Do you really believe everything that you are getting told seriously? have you not an ounce of common sense?

Even you say its a little "hollywood"!

Interesting family guy episode don't you think?

Heres the actual first clip http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=1WJDCzRKx4g

Edited by i like cunning stunts

That's the stupidest thing you've posted yet. So now you're saying Seth MacFarlane was in on the bombings? You're just digging a deeper hole now...

He? There was two of them, one of them had a social networking page http://vk.com/id160300242

Be interesting to get the video translated to see what there talking about and how they come across.

That's bollocks.

And so is the second post, you picked up on the wrong thing.

He? There was two of them, one of them had a social networking page http://vk.com/id160300242

Be interesting to get the video translated to see what there talking about and how they come across.

Most interesting thing about that is that he was last seen on there today at 5.04am via mobile...

Is the guy in the video his dead brother?

Do you really believe everything that you are getting told seriously? have you not an ounce of common sense?

Even you say its a little "hollywood"!

OK so far I've not got personal at all, but you're now behaving like a willy. Stop talking to people like they're retarded, especially as the only person coming across as that is you.

It's fine to have an opinion, but don't start trying to force feed us it and claim we have no common sense for not buying this far fetched crap.

Funny calling a 19 year old medical student a loser who was on his path to becoming a surgeon..

A family member i believe was on the news earlier saying he has been set up i will try and find the links..

His father thought the same http://www.latimes.com/news/world/worldnow/la-fg-wn-father-of-boston-suspects-20130419,0,5625743.story

Why has he changed his mind all of a sudden, strange.

OK so far I've not got personal at all, but you're now behaving like a willy. Stop talking to people like they're retarded, especially as the only person coming across as that is you.

It's fine to have an opinion, but don't start trying to force feed us it and claim we have no common sense for not buying this far fetched crap.

Did you forget this post calling me mentally ill?? Its some of you trying to undermine my character by sly digs and insults what do you want me to just sit and take it?

Really? Just really?

I'm sorry, but conspiracy folk just sound mad. Literally mad, as in mentally ill.

That's the stupidest thing you've posted yet. So now you're saying Seth MacFarlane was in on the bombings? You're just digging a deeper hole now...

So how do you explain it?

No. If you can predict 90% of everything then why can't Family Guy and it just be really crap that something actually happened at the event.

Bit of a coincidence don't you think?

And totally different i was talking about predicting the outcome after a certain event not predicting the actual event happening in the same place..

That's bollocks.

And so is the second post, you picked up on the wrong thing.

Why?

So how do you explain it?

Bloody hell, you're actually serious? Wow.

The only link to what happened is the fact that the episode used the Boston Marathon as the basis and seeing as it's an American series it was only ever going to have been the Boston or New York marathons so Seth had a 50% chance of foreseeing the future. So yeah, I don't really think any further explanation is needed as to why there's a Family Guy episode that mentions the Boston Marathon...

I said I didn't get personal and I didn't - I said conspiracy people, not you specifically.

Honestly though, some of the posts over the past few pages I've really not been sure if you're just bored and trolling or if you genuinely believe Family Guy was involved in this. It is insanity.

• Like 1

Not saying they was just posting a video of a cartoon that predicted the Boston event.

No one can answer me why though so you must think its just coincidence which sounds even sillier imo.

And i know it was a dig mike it was plain obvious.

they also 'predicted' people being run over when crossing the finish line by a fat guy with a balls shaped chin.......

things can just be a coincidence or badly timed, like the guy who was writing a novel about planes crashing into the twin towers. as far as i'm aware he was in no way involved despite being in the hotel right next to the towers when it happened.

Edited by trials hoe

You know what pisses me off about this sort of stuff, apart from the hypocrisy of both sides? (Ben excluded for actually thinking)

It's the fact that shit tons of people were killed or injured, and all anyone can think of is whether it is or isn't a terrorist or the government being a terrorist to keep us under control. Shut up and feel some sorrow first.

Why?

It's bollocks that that family guy clip has anything to do with Boston. Even if he mentioned a bomb it's still bollocks.

http://youtu.be/LDHUGrT2BKo

Surely because this is actually a car, it has more to do with this than the Boston bombing? Woah, Seth Macfarlane predicted someone mowing cyclists down! Wait, it can't be both.

Edited by Revolver

But that's part of it- by claiming so completely that the atrocity was caused by the Government it turns the/ whole thing into a mockery. I would imagine what the families want is justice and some idea why the nutters did what they did and if conspiracy numpties have their way that would simply never happen.

Edit; to JD.

It's bollocks that that family guy clip has anything to do with Boston. Even if he mentioned a bomb it's still bollocks.

Surely because this is actually a car, it has more to do with this than the Boston bombing? Woah, Seth Macfarlane predicted someone mowing cyclists down! Wait, it can't be both.

Thats mental.

Fair enough i just think its a very strange coincidence but don't want to dwell on that as i think its losing a little bit of sight on the actual suspects who the government has blamed and who is to blame.

And jd dont for 1 second think i dont care about the injured thats what im angry about, innocent people always in the line of fire..

But that's part of it- by claiming so completely that the atrocity was caused by the Government it turns the/ whole thing into a mockery. I would imagine what the families want is justice and some idea why the nutters did what they did and if conspiracy numpties have their way that would simply never happen.

Edit; to JD.

:rolleyes: