What's going on with all the strong parts?

Blake

So like what double wall rims are available then, Echo TR?

so maybe a vee option? TNN forks?

I don't think Adam has control over all trials products either :ermm: If anything they don't sell some of the cheaper/arguably worse quality stuff that they could get such as Zhi because they would have to deal with a lot more warranty stuff.

TR Rims are the shizzle. Strong, hold a grind sooo well and aren't overly heavy either.

Fork wise Trialtech or TNN will cater for most peoples needs with ease.

I partly agree with the fact parts that are as durable as some older stuff are hard to come by now though. Who remembers the old Echo hubs? Came in loads of colours, looked pimp and lasted a f**king age. In comparison people always seem to be snapping axles/hub flanges on newer hubs. I've snapped a few, but the older hubs that have had a right pasting still roll on. Thankfully for the TR rear hubs a steel replacement is available.

Choose the right parts and you can build a durable bike that doesnt weigh a ton and still rides/looks sweet. Onza's Limey 4's are stupidly strong things as proven by their current impressive track record, and have an up to date geo that most love now. You dont have to run carbon bars and forks, or light stems and caged pedals.

Trialtech cranks are bombproof, as are their bottom brackets. There are beefy pedals available, alloy bars that have been out for yonks that were never an issue, and theres enough old parts that everyone loved floating around the internet to be bought used if you're so desperate.

The choice may be a tad more limited but its still there, just parts aren't made with the overkill industrial gusseting and CNC chunks everywhere, because they dont need them.

I think it's already been mentioned but I reckon it's a case of older riders viewing things with rose tinted glasses. If people think parts are weaker maybe it's because they've got bigger and started riding bigger. If the scene doesn't seem as good maybe it's because your older and the realities of the world have started to dawn on you and your no longer as care free as you once were. And to Ben, I get the impression your more disillusioned with trials as a sport beause it didn't bring you everything you hoped it would. There's no point moaning about parts or the scene or whatever else, just focus on the positives you've had out of the sport and if it no longer makes you happy then find something that does. Not having a go mate I just got that impression that's all.

I think it's already been mentioned but I reckon it's a case of older riders viewing things with rose tinted glasses. If people think parts are weaker maybe it's because they've got bigger and started riding bigger. If the scene doesn't seem as good maybe it's because your older and the realities of the world have started to dawn on you and your no longer as care free as you once were. And to Ben, I get the impression your more disillusioned with trials as a sport beause it didn't bring you everything you hoped it would. There's no point moaning about parts or the scene or whatever else, just focus on the positives you've had out of the sport and if it no longer makes you happy then find something that does. Not having a go mate I just got that impression that's all.

Seems like you kinda are man, I love the sport just think stuff should be available to withstand bigger moves, like i was riding pretty big just before i had 2 years out and my bike would last with simple punnys or a flat spot, reckon there would be more street bashers again if this was the case ASWELL as older lads returning to the scene, just think its kind of limiting in pushing boundaries in that aspect, end of the day just mine and a few others opinion and what does that matter,New skoools here like it and adapt or quit basically I just don't think most have executed the moves or destroyed the parts to understand my point of view, don't want to get into a keyboard fight just unloading a bit that's all.

• Like 1

I completely agree! I have the new TrialTech SL forks and as you have seen they are flexy and feel weird! All this lightweight stuff is forcing people to go smaller in fear that they will snap pats that they have paid top dollar for :(

Bring back old school parts! (Also silver rims) :)

I completely agree! I have the new TrialTech SL forks and as you have seen they are flexy and feel weird! All this lightweight stuff is forcing people to go smaller in fear that they will snap pats that they have paid top dollar for :(

Bring back old school parts! (Also silver rims) :)

Like you'r new carbon bars?

And this is why most sponsored riders really get on my tits :) People getting stuff for free to test, shouldn't be selling it on IMO.

This.

And this is why most sponsored riders really get on my tits :) People getting stuff for free to test, shouldn't be selling it on IMO.

This.

Maybe he didn't sell them on maybe he gave them away as he though they were shit ?

All the parts to make a strong bike are readily available. I think it's not parts we need, I think it's stronger frames.

I've only had 2 frame ever that have lasted any length of time. That being my inspired hex and my BT7.0. Both frames lasted 2 years.

I've tried a bunch of newer frames and they just don't last the time. You shouldn't have to change your frames every 4month or so just because you ride them.

All the parts to make a strong bike are readily available. I think it's not parts we need, I think it's stronger frames.

I've only had 2 frame ever that have lasted any length of time. That being my inspired hex and my BT7.0. Both frames lasted 2 years.

I've tried a bunch of newer frames and they just don't last the time. You shouldn't have to change your frames every 4month or so just because you ride them.

do you look like the one on the left?

andre-the-giant.jpg?w=600&h=793