The TF Track Day Thread

dann2707

Any car is suitable, literally anything, your mums Honda Jazz, your work van - anything - that's the beauty of this venue. Those contemplating 'upgrades', it really doesn't matter, so don't worry about rushing to get them fitted (Y)

I'll give the guy a call this week.

• Like 1

Ok, dates available:

Tues 24th Feb

Weds 25th Feb

Thurs 26th Feb

Thurs 5th March

Tuesday 10th March

There may be slots available after this but I didn't check - he said it was pretty busy from then onwards and later doesn't really fly too well for me with work and race season.

Price is £650 for the venue, and we will split this between however many are coming. David has strongly recommended no more than 10 cars or you'll spend all day queueing. If there were 11 or 12 and a few people did half days that would be fine as well, but no more than 10 cars running at any one time is the ideal. If people are up for more of a social, I think we can get away with 12.

So, I'm looking for firm votes regarding which date(s) you'd prefer within the next few days please, by going here: http://www.trials-forum.co.uk/topic/189846-tf-track-day-date-voting-thread/

Once a date has been nailed down, I'll ask for a list of names of people who are coming and a £10 deposit please. If you want to do just half a day that's fine, but please indicate that so we can confirm final costs per person. If there's only a few definites and the cost is looking prohibitive, I may open it up to a couple of other people I know - would that be ok? Once we have definitely enough people I will book the date.

The day will run from about 9am til 5pm, so if we used 1pm as a cut off for a half day that makes sense. (A note about lunch, if we do the 'sessions' as mentioned before, we should be able to run right through without an 'official' lunch break.)

As I said before, I'm happy to be an organiser / instructor type person and not take my own car on if we get loads of people, otherwise I will use myself to fill the slots up / make it cheaper per person.

A reminder regarding things you'll need:

- A working car. Literally anything will do as long as the brakes work (and you have a reasonable amount of pad left), it has oil (topped right up to max on the dipstick), it doesn't overheat / has coolant in it and the tyres have at least 3mm on them (you need 1.6mm across the central three quarters to get home legally, and you will wear a bit off during the day). You will only be driving for about a minute at a time, so you don't need a track-prepared beast.

- A reasonable amount of fuel - you'll not use more than half a tank though.

- A lid is recommended, but not mandatory. I have a spare (about 60cm) if anyone wants to borrow it.

- Money, about £50-60 (you'll have already paid £10 deposit) plus lunch.

Fire any questions, or pick a date (Y)

Hmmm. Thinking I might stop being a douche and just go with my current boring engine. At least I won't need to care so much about ragging it. Plus not doing the engine swap gives me more of a chance to get a few other little things sorted.

I'll try to confirm over the next few days.

You will definitely have more fun ragging a standard car than one you feel you have to nurse / look after!

Tis true. Count me in for any date. I stole some new ignition parts from the "new" engine and now it's running half decent again. Plus I did a compression test and the results were spot on. My aim is to not be the slowest. :P

Right then, looks like 5th March!

Please pop your names down if you are 99% coming, and let me know if you're gonna do a full or half day. Lets see how many names we get before looking at making a 'cut', but I think absolute maximum of 12...

(11.)

(12.)

Cheers all (Y)

• Like 1

1. Rainbird
2. Pete
3. Dann27089461£8284
4. Mike (Who's not really a "Mad Man", he made bad choices 13 years ago)
5. RobinJI
6. Haz (full day)
(11.)
(12.)
Anyone else who will be coming up from the south... Convoy?
Edited by Haz

In your 3-wheeled LCReliant? :P

Cheecky b*****d, Just seen this! Fortunately the spare is also an 18" alloy that clears the brembos! you should know!

1. Rainbird
2. Pete
3. Dann27089461£8284
4. Mike (Who's not really a "Mad Man", he made bad choices 13 years ago)
5. RobinJI
6. Haz (full day)
7. Kennard
(11.)
(12.)

• Like 1

Reet then, this hasn't filled very quickly, but we'll need to book shortly if we're going to get that date.

Would you guys be up for having 8 cars at £80andabit each? Or shall I ask around Clio, Westfield and MX5 forums for a couple more?

Cheers.