where all them bitches at?

ogre

yesterday was international women's day. pinkbike did a post about women MTBing and while female cyclists are probably in a harrowing minority as it is, why are there so few of them doing trials hops?

Ha, I am, of course, just kidding. I guess maybe an image thing? I know strength too, but then little kids do trials who have very little strength. Probably because of threads like this and comments like mine. Mind you, some like Janine have done pretty well and Lucy who (was?) on here was pretty into it.

very dissapointed to read this thread. The number of female riders as well as the level in the World Cups is increasing year on year. They are getting the respect they deserve from the male riders on the world cups, so show some respect here as well!!

Yes they don't have the same strength as the men but don't underestimate them. their competitions are in some aspects more physical as they had to do 18 sections in 2.5 hours where men do 12 in 2.5 hours, yes I know there are qualifications, semi's and finals but still i have been to the world cups for 3 years now so I know what I am talking about!

There are 36 women in the UCI ranking 2014 from all over the world and those are only the ones competing

HERE some self irony too

Because not too many people does?

At the moment trials is still growing, as long as you cannot ride your bike without being questioned about your seat, the genders will be upside down for sure

as it is a small extreme sport right now. and usually these are down by crazy lads, rather than ladies.

Somehow the same happened at BMX. The girls usually running around the BMX riders because of their lifestyle

The percentage of riders that are females in trials compared to other cycling disciplines is not much different. It may be more pronounced because of the size of the sport. More should be done to encourage girls at a young age to take part in sport then maybe we'll see an increase in female riders in future.

Kids on the continent seem to get trained up by their parents at a pretty young age, whereas a lot of british riders tend to just learn by their own accord when they're like 13. Maybe the European riders have a higher female content as they've been started young before they can say no?

Kids on the continent seem to get trained up by their parents at a pretty young age, whereas a lot of british riders tend to just learn by their own accord when they're like 13. Maybe the European riders have a higher female content as they've been started young before they can say no?

Not all of them start when they are young. My daughter started when she was 12 and is in het 3rd World Cup season now

IT WAS A JOKE

No need to shout, and what might look like a joke to some offends other people. My daughter read this thread and was quite offended by it hence I responded

Edited by MCoen

Not all of them start when they are young. My daughter started when she was 12 and is in het 3rd World Cup season now

Good for her. Fact is, no one knows the answer, we are just trying to give some possible reasons so please don't come on here and rubbish everyone's suggestions.

The fact this thread even got started means men aren't against women in trials, we are asking why there aren't so many and therefore what we can do about it so instead of dismissing ideas, sounds like you are in a good position to answer our question?

Good for her. Fact is, no one knows the answer, we are just trying to give some possible reasons so please don't come on here and rubbish everyone's suggestions.

The fact this thread even got started means men aren't against women in trials, we are asking why there aren't so many and therefore what we can do about it so instead of dismissing ideas, sounds like you are in a good position to answer our question?

First of all, I don't rubbish everyone's suggestions.

Maybe it is my English as I am not Britisch but just the subject of the topic: "Where are all them bitches at" doesn't sound to women friendly, but as I said, that might just be me :)

I am definite not dismissing idea's. I have been pushing hard in Belgium to give the girls riders more attention. we now have seperate categories for girls -15 and +15. the +15 ride the UCI cadet level. The youngers ones choose (poussin, benjamin, minine UCI level) where they ride but the lower categories have penalty points so we do not punish girls that ride better. the girls -15 is new, up until last year they rode with the boys. They were nothing but smiles on the podium on Sunday and I heard that a couple more will start competing now.

seperate sections would be ideal, as stated here, they are not as strong as the boys (at least not all of them). so having special sections would be nice, but I guess on a national level at least we are far away from that.

• Like 2