Your oldest or first ever trials video

Al_Fel

I just went to find mine and it's been removed ages ago because I used Aphex Twin and copyright strikes back then just took them down rather than transfering adverts money :(
Oh Youtube. This is why I left you! Then Vimeo introduced their own limitations.

I'm not going to re-upload it because it'll just be the same and Oh so cringe.
Oldest one currently online, which is definitely more cringe than the other anyway:

I have three old videos in my uploads gallery on here, but the video aspect of this site broke ages ago. They're still there though. Does anyone know if there's a way to download them?
Not even sure who the mods are on here any more. None of them seem to post, unless it's all in the Senior Members sub.

• Like 2

This is my earliest video, from around 2002. Filmed by whoever I could get to hold the camera and edited by James Hyland (because we were both sponsored by Cleanbikes and he had editing software. The quality is super potato.

(and yes, I had recently learned X-ups :P ) 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Stephen Morris said:

Ali, are you turning your bars towards your front foot?! Madness.

Haha yeah, I assume that’s the wrong way then? I don’t do them much at all and I’ve no idea which way I’d rather do them now 

1 hour ago, Ali C said:

Haha yeah, I assume that’s the wrong way then? I don’t do them much at all and I’ve no idea which way I’d rather do them now 

I’ve always felt as though turning the bars left (with right foot forward) gave more clearance and allowed for a more controlled X-up. I’ve not done a great deal of research though. Perhaps you should do some more of them. If you don’t, I will.

19 minutes ago, Stephen Morris said:

I remember riding with you and Lloyd in Basildon YEARS AGO and just being amazed at the stuff you were riding. When was this ‘03/‘04 something like that?! So good.

Ha, cheers, yeah I think I remember the ride. Well the video says 2000/2001 but it's whenever Dave Dennis filmed the east coast trials video, maybe 2002. As this is my section from it.

1 hour ago, marg26 said:

These days people drop in with their first video before they've even got any skills. youth oldies People these days! :lol:

*Learns footjam whip....yeah that warrants a video!

To be fair, a lot of people had no camera 20+ years ago, and if you did there was nowhere to put a video, my first actual video is still on an 8mm tape, I can't actually watch it.

Edited by LEON

On 05/11/2020 at 11:10 AM, Ali C said:

This is my earliest video, from around 2002. Filmed by whoever I could get to hold the camera and edited by James Hyland (because we were both sponsored by Cleanbikes and he had editing software. The quality is super potato.

(and yes, I had recently learned X-ups :P

Cmon Ali, you must have something shitter than this, your putting Al fel to shame

4 hours ago, LEON said:

*Learns footjam whip....yeah that warrants a video!

To be fair, a lot of people had no camera 20+ years ago, and if you did there was nowhere to put a video, my first actual video is still on an 8mm tape, I can't actually watch it.

Leon’s first video was made on one of those Zoetrope things from Victorian times. Obscure reference for the historians out there.

Our first videos were made in around 2000/2001 with a webcam that could only film one 10-second clip at a time. We’d cycle for three or four miles, get one clip and then cycle home to upload it. I think we eventually upgraded to a point and click camera with a modest video function. This was all before YouTube, so they were saved on CD which has since been lost. 

• Like 1

If it's any consolation, the CDs themselves will be in a landfill somewhere for the next million years or so.
I know that's still brief in the life of a planet or star, but it's a good bit longer than us.

Your memory will live on in a hunk of plastic and metal long after you're gone.

Edited by aener

• 2 months later...