Can someone identify this frame?

MaderaMark

The top-tube kink was much more pronounced in the Toxsin.

My first thought - which I'm beginning to doubt - based on the dropouts, hanger, BB yoke and headtube gussets was the original Onza Limey. Can't find any pictures to check against.

Edited by aener

Yeah that's a weird one. All of those frames have gone through my mind too but it doesn't quite fit.

Yoke looks BT raven but the dropouts are off the shelf Taiwan style...

The bend in the top tube has quite a crimp in it for a 'proper' frame too! Perhaps it's a custom build? Any more photos?

24 minutes ago, AdamR28 said:

Yeah that's a weird one. All of those frames have gone through my mind too but it doesn't quite fit.

Yoke looks BT raven but the dropouts are off the shelf Taiwan style...

The bend in the top tube has quite a crimp in it for a 'proper' frame too! Perhaps it's a custom build? Any more photos?

If you even don't know, then that's a really uncommon frame!

Edited by Canardweb

On 10/9/2023 at 11:28 AM, aener said:

The top-tube kink was much more pronounced in the Toxsin.

My first thought - which I'm beginning to doubt - based on the dropouts, hanger, BB yoke and headtube gussets was the original Onza Limey. Can't find any pictures to check against.

Definitely not a Limey, had CNC yokes if i remember rightly.

Could be a Bionic

49 minutes ago, aener said:

I thought they only started on the Limey 2? If they were also on the Limey 1 then I retract my guess because I'm clearly a n00b :lol:

No you may be right, I thought the Limey 2 was the original in my mind; so you could very well be right. I can't even find a photo of an original Limey to compare.

1 hour ago, craigjames said:

No you may be right, I thought the Limey 2 was the original in my mind; so you could very well be right. I can't even find a photo of an original Limey to compare.

Same after @aener said he couldn't find a pic of the original frame. Weird as I recall these were popular.

Edited by Canardweb

My thoughts are that it is either the Echo pure or one of the original Zhi bikes based on the horrific dropouts & slightly kinked top tubes. 

Both brands then changed dropout style to the ones the top part of the rear triangle sat onto the dropout. 

It's got to be what 2004 era? 

Edited by Paperclip