Vw's On The Trials Forum

nmt_oli

More done! starting to look properly good now!

Foam backed door cards for more sound insulation / less rattles.

DSC01359.jpg

Hmm Strut brace :)

DSC01361.jpg

Sprayed my c pillars black to match the a and b pillars. never did understand why the car came with beige ones anyway.

DSC01364.jpg

Rear trim in place, new carpeted shelf supports.

DSC01366.jpg

Since i cut a double din hole in my old center console, i got a new one to cut up for a single din.

DSC01368.jpg

After liking the cubby-hole light in my mates a3, i decided to build on into my centre console.

DSC01369.jpg

DSC01371.jpg

DSC01372.jpg

DSC01375.jpg

Then installed crossovers + stereo into console.

DSC01379.jpg

DSC01378.jpg

Lots and lots of wires to connect! (3 sets of rcas, one iso block, wiring for the new light, arial, crossovers (3 stereo speakre wires into each))

DSC01382.jpg

Thats better

DSC01383.jpg

Audi TT pedals!

DSC01385.jpg

DSC01387.jpg

Eventually got my front leather set in too! Lushness!

DSC01394.jpg

Started tidying up my front speaker pods this afternoon too, they were built in a rush for a road trip so needed smoohting badly.

DSC01380.jpg

So close now!

Looks brilliant Ollie, and nice and tidy once though wires were out of the way. I don't suppose you know roughly how much money you have spent on this project?

not exactly, and i don't want too! it was meant to be a run around until the mini was finished lol.

here the latest progress pics, mainly dealin with audio. all is now done except new front subframe, front strut brace, new dash lights, and custom sub enclosure. All interior is back in, full leather now. im loving it!

Amprack, had to modify it to fit around strutbrace. showing 4 channel amp..

DSC01398.jpg

2 channel for the sub behind the board too.

DSC01399.jpg

Installign the power cap.

DSC01402.jpg

All wired up

DSC01404.jpg

finished the front door pods, and got the door cards in.

DSC01407.jpg

Interior lookign tasty!

DSC01409.jpg

Has all that effort sound proofing worked?

hell yes!!!!!

ive not been in it sinse the rest of the unterior went in, but when i went in it on monday, with the carpets in and old seats, and was SO much quieter than ever before.

apparently its not much quieter again, so it must be pretty damn smooth inside B)

20VT rear engined mk3 polo

Bidding's ended now, but thought some of you might want to see this. Pretty mental, 325bhp to the rear wheels, 400 when using the nos, and all weighing about 875kg! 3.4 seconds to 60!

That thing would be the ultimate sleeper, imagine the look on a guys face when you blew away there supra in a mk3 polo!

Edited by Dont you Just Hate it When...

Righty, been having trouble with my car recently, its a 2000 seat toledo, 1.9 tdi 110se

Since me and george seamons quickly tried an induction kit on the car (from my old car) to see what kind of difference it would make, the car has lost power, to the point that, i cant even out accelerate a 1.1 saxo..yes it really is that bad...so i fogured it may have just been my air filter, so i invested in a nice new k and n panel filter, still no change :(

Anywho, i took it to a seat dealer the other day and they said it was my air feed meter at fault, they said it would be 200quid to fix as the ecu has to be told theres a new part?....a quick search on ebay says its 50-60quid for the part, and says its just a fit and forget kinda thing...?

After realising i'm skint, i just disconnected the air feed meter and tried the car...its back to normal again? can i get away without using it for the moment? will it hurt the car? should it even run without it? its definitely the meter at fault as when its reconnected, the car dies again...can anybody clarify if i can just fit a new one without having the ecu played with?

cheers in advance :)

Righty, been having trouble with my car recently, its a 2000 seat toledo, 1.9 tdi 110se

Since me and george seamons quickly tried an induction kit on the car (from my old car) to see what kind of difference it would make, the car has lost power, to the point that, i cant even out accelerate a 1.1 saxo..yes it really is that bad...so i fogured it may have just been my air filter, so i invested in a nice new k and n panel filter, still no change :(

Anywho, i took it to a seat dealer the other day and they said it was my air feed meter at fault, they said it would be 200quid to fix as the ecu has to be told theres a new part?....a quick search on ebay says its 50-60quid for the part, and says its just a fit and forget kinda thing...?

After realising i'm skint, i just disconnected the air feed meter and tried the car...its back to normal again? can i get away without using it for the moment? will it hurt the car? should it even run without it? its definitely the meter at fault as when its reconnected, the car dies again...can anybody clarify if i can just fit a new one without having the ecu played with?

cheers in advance :)

Just get a new Mass air flow sensor and plug it in, the ECU needs to be told jack shit. if you want, disconnect the battery for half an hour and that should reset the ecu, erasing its "memory".

Its not good to run it without the MFA, the fueling may not be right.

Are you sure performance is back to normal when disconnecting the MAS/MAF? On my old Golf TDi disconnecting the MAS was like removing the turbo, the car was s l o w.

As Oli said it's not really good to run them disconnected but saying that mine was disconnected for about a month at one point after the garage forgot to reconnect it. Didn't seem to cause a problem except the lack of power which I put down to being back in the Golf after having a 2.0 306 cab for a week.

Get a new one asap though.

Right ho. My passat 1.8 20v started turning into a diesel today lol ... it won't really rev past 4k takes ages to rev round even without car in gear. It is idleing grand and below 4k pulls like it always did. Is it proper f**ked?

Just get a new Mass air flow sensor and plug it in, the ECU needs to be told jack shit. if you want, disconnect the battery for half an hour and that should reset the ecu, erasing its "memory".

Its not good to run it without the MFA, the fueling may not be right.

okey dokey, i just wanted to make sure really, i shall get one on order asap :)

Are you sure performance is back to normal when disconnecting the MAS/MAF? On my old Golf TDi disconnecting the MAS was like removing the turbo, the car was s l o w.

As Oli said it's not really good to run them disconnected but saying that mine was disconnected for about a month at one point after the garage forgot to reconnect it. Didn't seem to cause a problem except the lack of power which I put down to being back in the Golf after having a 2.0 306 cab for a week.

Get a new one asap though.

its definitely better than it was, before i couldn't get to 40 in second, now i can get to 60 (it was as though it was restricted) and there was no torque-getting up hills was really hard work.

now the engine is just more responsive, if it becomes better than this with a new air mass meter, i will be majorly chuffed!

cheers for your help guys

ps, brisa, whats your air filter like? has your car got progressively worse or suddenly?

EDIT: whilst i'm here

l_ce6b5cb1488881787537e8bfea11bee1.jpg

my friends new project, 1.6gl, 250quid :) just needs tax and mot, needs bugger all done to it too!

Edited by pauloliver

they will always run with the MAF disconnected, and generally should feel roughly OK, as when the maf isnt connected it just runs a kinda base map based mainly on throttle position.

when the MAF starts playing up, itll really bugger things around a treat.

at least you know for sure its the MAF, most induction kits use oiled filters, and the MAFs are VERY sensitive to oil, so using an oiled filter can REALLY feck them up a treat....

bigman got a MAF for his 1.9tdi 110 for £28 on ebay i seem to remember. and theyre lying about the ECU needing to be told anything for the new MAF to work, although it will have fault codes logged due to the MAF playing up, so they will be removing them.

get a new MAF on ebay, find a mate with VAGCOM and clear the fault codes yourself :)

they will always run with the MAF disconnected, and generally should feel roughly OK, as when the maf isnt connected it just runs a kinda base map based mainly on throttle position.

when the MAF starts playing up, itll really bugger things around a treat.

at least you know for sure its the MAF, most induction kits use oiled filters, and the MAFs are VERY sensitive to oil, so using an oiled filter can REALLY feck them up a treat....

bigman got a MAF for his 1.9tdi 110 for £28 on ebay i seem to remember. and theyre lying about the ECU needing to be told anything for the new MAF to work, although it will have fault codes logged due to the MAF playing up, so they will be removing them.

get a new MAF on ebay, find a mate with VAGCOM and clear the fault codes yourself :)

thats what i figured, the ecu is just assuming the airflow as thers nothing to measure it

unfortunately the cheaper mafs on ebay are a different model number, mines 60quid posted-gaaarrrr! so its ok to drive it disconnected until i source a new maf?

the induction kit was a halfords ripspeed jobby, not sure if it was pre oiled or not, i didn't oil it, however my k and n panel filter is pre oiled...will that be a problem still? the chap at the garage said it would be the gauze thats all clogged up, but its clean...

as for the vagcom, my local garage has one, and we are pretty friendly with them, seeing as they will be doing my mot in a months time, im sure they will clear the fault codes for me at the same time :)

ooo prawn, dad finally gave in and got an audi a4, 02 plate, 1.9tdi-hes super chuffed with it! hes well glad he didn't plump for a bmw now!