New Products From Onza

BikeDotStuffAtOnzaDotCom

Mainly due to the lack of stock frames with a decent disc mount on the rear (hell, most frames don't have one at all :()

'tis a shame

Not really rear disc are crap!

Well priced. Deng has some competition.

anynew on the stock frame with horizontal dropouts (135mm spacing)

Not really rear disc are crap!

so you've tried every rear disc braked trials bike and they've all been crap... impressive!

the hub looks insanley good value for money, nice one(Y) luke its using the same bolts that ive got on my revolver and theyre plenty strong enough.

so you've tried every rear disc braked trials bike and they've all been crap... impressive!

the hub looks insanley good value for money, nice one(Y) luke its using the same bolts that ive got on my revolver and theyre plenty strong enough.

I have yeah, wasn't too impressed. Could have been a few things wrong with it. Still wouldn't want one

Think im going to have to get meself one of these at somepoint, they look very nice and if there anything like the tmaster hub they will be amazing.

Doesnt matter if he has or not, even the best rear disk on 26 will feel crap to me not because it wont hold or anything but because i cant stand the feel of it locking and the wheel flex.

luke its using the same bolts that ive got on my revolver and theyre plenty strong enough.

Ah excellent, good stuff :)

Tell me again, Craig. What was there a problem with last time we rode together, and what was it Dan brought out for you... :-

Just playing, that was Craig's incompetence with an allen key, not a product fault ;)

The rear disc you had on the Bionic was excellent, I couldn't notice a lot of flex, and with a good wheelbuild, coupled with a frame built suitably, it should be good to go

exactly luke it was my lack of patience and shallow headed bolts!

its all good now.

Think im going to have to get meself one of these at somepoint, they look very nice and if there anything like the tmaster hub they will be amazing.

Doesnt matter if he has or not, even the best rear disk on 26 will feel crap to me not because it wont hold or anything but because i cant stand the feel of it locking and the wheel flex.

maybe its me but when i was running a rear disc, i couldnt feel this rear wheel flex at all. maybe its because im only ten and half stone but it felt pretty damn solid to me!

• 1 month later...

New for 2009 The Onza Rip,

This will be the entry level bike of the new 6 bike range 20" 2009 range, Replacing the Onza T-Vee.

Will be in the shops in August, RRP £299.99!!!

Please do no take any notice of the graphics as we have just knocked them up here at the office for this sample. Colour scheme will be the same on the production model.

You will be able to view the bike this weekend at Fort William, It will be on the Kenda / Haro stand.

Spec:

All new Rip frame,

Onza V-Brakes

20" front and rear wheels.

2.4 Onza sticky finger rear tyre.

Rear freewheel with a 24: 18 ratio

Cro-mo steel forks with new length of 365mm. (axle to racer)

Cage style pedals

Geo

Wheelbase 1015mm

Chainstays 360mm

BB +50

Weight approx 11.2 KG

post-13495-1212599059_thumb.jpg

post-13495-1212599206_thumb.jpg

post-13495-1212599214_thumb.jpg

Edited by Joe@Onza

New for 2009 The Onza Rip,

This will be the entry level bike of the new 6 bike range 20" 2009 range, Replacing the Onza T-Vee.

Will be in the shops in August, RRP £299.99!!!

Please do no take any notice of the graphics as we have just knocked them up here at the office for this sample. Colour scheme will be the same on the production model.

You will be able to view the bike this weekend at Fort William, It will be on the Kenda / Haro stand.

Spec:

All new Rip frame,

Onza V-Brakes

20" front and rear wheels.

2.4 Onza sticky finger rear tyre.

Rear freewheel with a 24: 18 ratio

Cro-mo steel forks with new length of 365mm. (axle to racer)

Cage style pedals

Geo

Wheelbase 1015mm

Chainstays 360mm

BB +50

Weight approx 11.2 KG

good replacement for the t-vee

when are the pro series frames out ?

Other than the drivetrain, it looks brilliant, especially at that price!

Can I ask why you've still opted for the bashplate and ring option, and why you've stuck on such a strange (relatively) gearing?

Was it not possible to put a simple 20:14 or similar to make the ratio a touch more 'standard' and to slim it down a little? - just spotted it's rear freewheel

Would be nice to get a different gearing on there somehow to clean things up a bit, maybe FFW?

Other than the drivetrain, it looks brilliant, especially at that price!

Can I ask why you've still opted for the bashplate and ring option, and why you've stuck on such a strange (relatively) gearing?

Was it not possible to put a simple 20:14 or similar to make the ratio a touch more 'standard' and to slim it down a little? - just spotted it's rear freewheel

Would be nice to get a different gearing on there somehow to clean things up a bit, maybe FFW?

Can imagine ffw cranks are a fair bit more exspensive luke and its working it to a price point. But you're right FFW would look a lot cleaner but thats something that can be upgraded at a later date easily.

This is the lowest model in the new range. We would love to fit front Tensile freewheel and a 20 X 2.5 rear wheel and magura mounts with v daptors but then the starting price would be closer to £400. We have radically re designed the whole 20 " range going back to Taiwan from China for the frames and against the backdrop of soaring prices we have still managed to produce a much more radical and cool looking opening model with good geometry for less than £300.

We felt that the Trials market had matured enough for this to sell in place of the T-Vee and T-Bird, which , lets be fair, have sold in their thousands. Those models were aimed at parents who in the vast majority of cases made the model selection. That frame was seven years old this year and the feedback received was that entry level bikes could now sell without a seat. So this is the result and we've also made the geometry right up to the minute. We know that this bike will not sell to most readers of the forum, but we wanted to produce bikes that most members would feel comfortable riding. The whole range has something for every level right up to the Pro Series frame only models and it is obviously our aim to get them into bike shops across the country so that you do not have to rely on mail ordering them. That is the key to making trials accessible to everyone.

New for 2009 The Onza Rip

Excellent bike for the price, i think the name is a bit iffy. It's either gonna be "Onza RIP-off" or "Onza rest in peice because it's so shit innit make!"

But yeah the frames new shape will make it popular, the old t-bird / vee was starting to get old.

(Y)

This is the lowest model in the new range. We would love to fit front Tensile freewheel and a 20 X 2.5 rear wheel and magura mounts with v daptors but then the starting price would be closer to £400. We have radically re designed the whole 20 " range going back to Taiwan from China for the frames and against the backdrop of soaring prices we have still managed to produce a much more radical and cool looking opening model with good geometry for less than £300.

We felt that the Trials market had matured enough for this to sell in place of the T-Vee and T-Bird, which , lets be fair, have sold in their thousands. Those models were aimed at parents who in the vast majority of cases made the model selection. That frame was seven years old this year and the feedback received was that entry level bikes could now sell without a seat. So this is the result and we've also made the geometry right up to the minute. We know that this bike will not sell to most readers of the forum, but we wanted to produce bikes that most members would feel comfortable riding. The whole range has something for every level right up to the Pro Series frame only models and it is obviously our aim to get them into bike shops across the country so that you do not have to rely on mail ordering them. That is the key to making trials accessible to everyone.

would i be right assuming the next model up will just get 19"ed and magura mounts? the cranks/gearing never bothered me when i started. really like that though :D

The next model up is the Bird which gets 19" rear wheel and front cable disc. The Pro gets U6 version of the frame , much lighter, Magura mounts but double cable discs, CNC rear dropouts with patented tensioners. Same frame on the Blade but rear HS33 and the Comp gets HS33 all round, drilled rims etc.

The next model up is the Bird which gets 19" rear wheel and front cable disc. The Pro gets U6 version of the frame , much lighter, Magura mounts but double cable discs, CNC rear dropouts with patented tensioners. Same frame on the Blade but rear HS33 and the Comp gets HS33 all round, drilled rims etc.

There's fancy!

The Rip looks like a great bike to start out on. It's funny how looking back the first bike that got me into trials was the 2000 T-Bird for £220, and now for £79 more you can get such a better bike. It's good how times change!