New Products From Onza

BikeDotStuffAtOnzaDotCom

Please don't call it a fake Koxx boxx. Its an original Onza design and its £500 quid cheaper, plus its taken a long time to make. In fact it looks nothing like a Boxx. Sorry for getting arsey, Just when you travel 12 thousand mile to help source and design trials products you get a little defensive about them. he he.

Cheers guys

:D

sorry lol, I just wasnt sure which model it was and koxx boxx was the first thing i thought. looks really nice thought. Ill likely buy one when they are released so im sure that ll make up for the comment lol

OH!!!! 1 thing i have noticed, i hope my balls dont get amputated from them cable guiders on the limey3 :lol: i wouldnt be best pleased.

Please put the guides on the under side of the top tube :$

They have them up the top on new echo's and its officially gay. Twat yourself on them rather alot.

Realllllllllllllllllly looking forward to the release of these frames, gives me some time to save up too ;)

im guessing the higher price is to cover tooling or manufacturing costs? as with normal round rims the holes are just punched out while the rims are still in a long flat srtip, maybe its harder to do circles then a square? I'm probably talking rubbish though lol

Yes you are talking Rubbish LOL. The only rims you can press out the holes are single skin rims. Our front hog rims are pressed and the side holes are drilled. ALL these processes are done after the rim is constructed NOT when in strip form. Even the spoke holes are pierced afterwards. With the double skin rims, round holes are normally drilled. On our hedgehog pierced rear rims the outer skin of the rim is drilled and then the hog is pierced through that hole. That is why the hog is always smaller than the hole.

The new rim hole is however a square hole and the only way to do it is by CNC machining. I know that other people have done this before but we are the first to get it manufactured at source. Each hole is cut individually and the complete rim takes about 15 minutes time up, of a half million pound machine. That is why they are so expensive.

The rim will be an Onza Pro Series not a Tensile. The reason is that all Tensile products have a degree of uniqueness and preferably some intellectual property ( patents registered design etc.) Whilst we asked the rim manufacturer to produce these rims, he wanted us to take 3500 rims a year to keep exclusivity. All the tooling is his, not ours so we have no hold on that. With the best will in the world I don't think we would sell that many at 50 plus pounds. We therefore passed on the exclusivity aspect and are relying on the price barring any other company from buying it. That is also why we didn't call it Tensile.

Also in the production models holes will be cut square on both inner and outer skin.

Yes you are talking Rubbish LOL. The only rims you can press out the holes are single skin rims. Our front hog rims are pressed and the side holes are drilled. ALL these processes are done after the rim is constructed NOT when in strip form. Even the spoke holes are pierced afterwards. With the double skin rims, round holes are normally drilled. On our hedgehog pierced rear rims the outer skin of the rim is drilled and then the hog is pierced through that hole. That is why the hog is always smaller than the hole.

The new rim hole is however a square hole and the only way to do it is by CNC machining. I know that other people have done this before but we are the first to get it manufactured at source. Each hole is cut individually and the complete rim takes about 15 minutes time up, of a half million pound machine. That is why they are so expensive.

The rim will be an Onza Pro Series not a Tensile. The reason is that all Tensile products have a degree of uniqueness and preferably some intellectual property ( patents registered design etc.) Whilst we asked the rim manufacturer to produce these rims, he wanted us to take 3500 rims a year to keep exclusivity. All the tooling is his, not ours so we have no hold on that. With the best will in the world I don't think we would sell that many at 50 plus pounds. We therefore passed on the exclusivity aspect and are relying on the price barring any other company from buying it. That is also why we didn't call it Tensile.

Also in the production models holes will be cut square on both inner and outer skin.

wont having a square inner skin mean more chance of piercing the rim tape, then killing the tube?

The answer to that is probably yes, but we just do what the feedback tells us to do. Weight saving is what everybody seems to want.

unfortunate, that

personally, if i had a choice between two things, one light and strong, and another lighter and less strong, i'd go for the stronger one

maybe because i'm from yorkshire and don't want to splash out on summat that will end up costing more.

what about the rim with the hogs and the set of 4 holes? i rather liked them :)

they'd go nice with my future Ice :P

this rim:

post-13495-1204294136_thumb.jpg

Edited by Disasterboy

I run my wheels with out rim tape half the time as i forget most the time to put it on. And i dont get punctures from it.

unfortunate, that

personally, if i had a choice between two things, one light and strong, and another lighter and less strong, i'd go for the stronger one

maybe because i'm from yorkshire and don't want to splash out on summat that will end up costing more.

this rim:

You dont no that the rim is going to be weak, it could be as strong as a echo for all we know, untill its out and people give feedback, dont count it as being weak because its going to be light.

Um, is it really? Do you want me to elaborate?

Hyrofoaming is nothing new though is it, just that koxx where first to bring a frame out that used an awful lot of hydrofoaming with alot of detail. I think an company that brings out a frame now that uses the amount of hydrofoaming koxx have will just be called and say theyve copied when infact they havnt really as companies have been useing it for a while.

Hyrofoaming is nothing new though is it, just that koxx where first to bring a frame out that used an awful lot of hydrofoaming with alot of detail. I think an company that brings out a frame now that uses the amount of hydrofoaming koxx have will just be called and say theyve copied when infact they havnt really as companies have been useing it for a while.

yes, but, using the technology in such a way koxx have by forming the whole top half of frame, is a new technology (in trials) and with this new onza having the same principal design then i think its hard to say that onza got no inspiration from the koxx boxx

unfortunate, that

this rim:

Lightness and strength always involve a trade off. The new Hog rims as detailed in the photo will be available before the pro series and will be significantly cheaper.

yes, but, using the technology in such a way koxx have by forming the whole top half of frame, is a new technology (in trials) and with this new onza having the same principal design then i think its hard to say that onza got no inspiration from the koxx boxx

Furry muff, but its anoying that now when ever other company uses this technology they will just get slated as stealing it ect. It shouldnt be like that. And its not fair to say that they got the inspiration from the koxx boxx and compied it technology as, i dont think you could knock up a design and get a proto done in the time since the boxx has been out. If this onza was out first and then the boxx came out i can garrentie no one would say theyve copied.

Furry muff, but its anoying that now when ever other company uses this technology they will just get slated as stealing it ect. It shouldnt be like that. And its not fair to say that they got the inspiration from the koxx boxx and compied it technology as, i dont think you could knock up a design and get a proto done in the time since the boxx has been out. If this onza was out first and then the boxx came out i can garrentie no one would say theyve copied.

the boxx has been out for at least a year, as i remember looking at it at koxx days last year, pleanty of time to get designs drawn & prototypes made

In terms of the main range, there will be a root and branch reform of the whole range of Mods this year. We listen to all aspects of comment by our team, riders and general comments. All criticisms and suggestions will be addressed. The new range will further establish our credentials as the number one supplier of entry level bikes and the Pro Series and Tensile will keep us in touch at the top end.

In terms of hydro formed tubes, we have the Cleaner with hydro formed down tube which has had a prototype tested for over a year and it wasn't our first prototype with hydro form tubes. Hydro formed tubes are available in a huge number of shapes and sizes and they are appearing in virtually every discipline of bicycle frame.

Onza are moving forward in a big way and we last week picked up our first South American distributor. Thats all I'm going to say to the negative comments.

Some nice features on the frames, would be good to see them in the flesh! Interesting idea on the steerer tube too..

Re: hydroforming, maybe we should split it into 'custom' and 'off-the-shelf'? Obviously any hydroformed tubes/profiles are created with the same/very similar processes but I would imagine custom profiles are vastly different in their development and tooling costs?

hi Guys,

Its Joe again.

Here are the other Pro series rims we are having made, Large CNC holes like requested by a lot of riders. Have no weights at the moment but I would guess the lightest on the market. They will retail around the £55 mark.

The steerer tube on the Tensile fork is the thickest in the market, Dont know how many of you have tried the guy forks range but they have the screw in top caps. This ment they were a little on the chunky side. New fluted style has reduced the weight with out loosing any strength. and like I said, It looks pretty special too through the head tube.

Frames will be available to buy to the public in about 2 months.

Tensile hub is just technical drawings at the moment, so I can't really show you anything.

Please don't call it a fake Koxx boxx. Its an original Onza design and its £500 quid cheaper, plus its taken a long time to make. In fact it looks nothing like a Boxx. Sorry for getting arsey, Just when you travel 12 thousand mile to help source and design trials products you get a little defensive about them. he he. Yeah its the Limey 1.6 .

New Tensile pads compound being tested too.

Cheers guys

:D

Them rims look fit!

Joint statement from Mike Poyzer of Onza and Bartek Ozminski of Trials PL of Poland.

On the New Products from Onza thread in the news section a posting was made claiming that one of the frames recently launched by Onza was actually designed by a "Friend" and Onza stole the design, using a drawing he "obtained" as proof. It turns out that the friend he refers to is Bartek Ozminski of Trials.PL . Bartek wishes to make it clear that he never claimed to have done this and accepts Onza's right to produce this frame without any claim of stolen designs. He never authorised the Poster to make this claim. Both Onza and Trials PL accept that the design of Trials frames very often converges and it is easy to find similarities in one frame or another. This is the evolution of design and does not mean that designs have been stolen. Trials.PL and Onza will continue to work together in a spirit of co-operation for the good of the future of trials.

They both hope that this subject is now laid to rest and that they can get back to the business of producing, promoting and selling their Trials bicycles and parts.