New Products From Onza

BikeDotStuffAtOnzaDotCom

It'd be great if you climbed off that soapbox you're on right now mr.

So Onza have created a frame that 'rides nicely' because they have the same geo as a Koxx at 1/2 the price?

Thats a good thing, surely.

Onzas are also much cheaper than the Deng frames.

Not overly amazed by the looks of the new Onzas, good to see progression though.

I didn't mean it like that Nick, I just meant that that is why T-Pros ride so well for a cheap frame.

It's just he said that he's seen people saying the T-Pros rides well, and not any Deng frames. :huh:

Edited by Muel

Any deng bike rides nicer than any Onza.

The reason that the T-Pro rides nicely is the geo is the same as a Koxx Levelboss.

I would disagree. My onza is ridding nicer than any deng frame I've had and/or ridden.

It'd be great if you climbed off that soapbox you're on right now mr.

So Onza have created a frame that 'rides nicely' because they have the same geo as a Koxx at 1/2 the price?

Thats a good thing, surely.

Onzas are also much cheaper than the Deng frames.

Not overly amazed by the looks of the new Onzas, good to see progression though.

Onza Limey 2 = £350 so equal to if not more than Deng frames.

And the new Onza Pro range will no doubt be more.

although I agree that Onza do make budget frames that are cheaper than the Dengs

BUT I would rather have a deng over a cheap onza

and an expensive onza over a deng.

i'm buying it!

is this one the ice?

its really confusing, you listed 3 frames, but there seems to be pictures of 5 different frames:

and

which one's which?!?!?

any info on the geometry as well?

il looks loads like the proto what ive got,

but in white.......

looks well fit, only ONE problem..........

my chain line was so bad it sucked, snaping everychain within 2 weeks (one chain didnt last one hop)

and gave me my monny back,

so if onza gave/sold me there frame to advitise there bikes,

id need to sort out the chian line/bb before id buy it though!!!

IVE sold my t-mag frame but still see pics of it,

and heard its amazing to ride

Right guys

Sorry about how messy the photo's are and how muddled up they are. I'm borrowing a laptop (dropped mine in Hong Kong) and using the exibitions internet so I'm not having the easiest of times.

The Limey 20" will have a disc mount.

The Ice Geo Is 1025, +70 BB and 360

Limey 3 1080, +30 ,380

Bframe (crazy headtube one) T-Pro Geo,

Limey 20" is 1010, not remember the bb and Cs

Although geo has been set for our team riders, Production may change.

The Fork steerer tube idea is because, 1, production model will be anodised black with the steerer tube then CNC'ed to give a very bling look through the new haed tubes. It works with a normal headset, it also reduces the weight of the fork with out comprimising the strength.

All the frames will be around the £300 mark, at a wild stab in the dark, so they will not be expensive.

Wayne, I am bringing all the protos home on the plane. So you will have them for Koxx days.

Meetings have been sucessfull regarding the New Tensile hub too,

Any more questions? Its 9.45 am here so Ill be able to answer them this time tomorrow again.

Cheers

Sorry its Joe by the way,

Any deng bike rides nicer than any Onza.

The reason that the T-Pro rides nicely is the geo is the same as a Koxx Levelboss.

My Zona Zip rode nicer than any Deng bike I've ever ridden. The Zoo Python Longs were just f**king barges, and the shorts were "meh". The T-Master/Slinger proto I had was also one of the nicest bikes I've ridden, ever. Everyone who rode it loved it too, and again, it felt better than any Deng frame I've tried.

I think the only Deng bike I've actually liked was Mike's Adamant stock, A1 or something like that. Pretty short and flicky, but still dece. But yeah, mod-wise, I'd always go for Onza over Deng.

I just hope that Onza get there act together behind their 2008 range because they now look very desirable in attracting new riders into the trials scene. before deng came into the market, onza had the most desirable and affordable trials bikes in th uk. i hope they get better promo exposure ie; Canary Wharf Car show 2008, and other non cycling summer events that they can promo the brand name forward and can sort of compete with deng on retail price. Urban Games 2008 comes back this july after last year's absence and to try and capitalize on Bejing olympics event so it would be good to see trials in that event at clapham common. last year's debut summer southbank festival is another event for onza to get their teeth into. it was manic last year in terms of people watching the bmxers. Evans Cycles had a big promo at trafalgar square with their free bike service event. that square was littered with bikes that day and no trials bikes in site.

All the frames will be around the £300 mark, at a wild stab in the dark, so they will not be expensive.

I just did a little victory dance. :turned:

Any ideas as to when us commoners can get hold of them?

Cheers,

Matt

I would disagree. My onza is ridding nicer than any deng frame I've had and/or ridden.

I didn't even think about the Limeys.

OK, Some of the Onza frames ride very well, I take it back.

My bros T-Lite is quite a fun little bike now I think about it.

The Limey 20" will have a disc mount.

Meetings have been sucessfull regarding the New Tensile hub too,

I am interested in both of these items. :shifty:

Will the Tensile hub have a disc mount? Because I really would like to try one out.

I just hope that Onza get there act together behind their 2008 range because they now look very desirable in attracting new riders into the trials scene. before deng came into the market, onza had the most desirable and affordable trials bikes in the uk.

Onzas have always attracted new riders, in fairness. They're the most commonly stocked trials brand in major retailers, offer the best value for money complete bikes you can buy, and hit the price points that new riders can afford. Without bikes like the T-Bird, T-Vee, and to an extent the T-Pro, there are a lot of people on this board - including me - who wouldn't be involved in trials now.

It'd be interesting to know how many T-Pros have been sold since they became Koxx-esque (So from 2004 onwards)in terms of frame only and full bike sales. Gotta be something huge, it seems like every town in the UK you go to you bump into someone riding one.

hi Guys,

Its Joe again.

Here are the other Pro series rims we are having made, Large CNC holes like requested by a lot of riders. Have no weights at the moment but I would guess the lightest on the market. They will retail around the £55 mark.

The steerer tube on the Tensile fork is the thickest in the market, Dont know how many of you have tried the guy forks range but they have the screw in top caps. This ment they were a little on the chunky side. New fluted style has reduced the weight with out loosing any strength. and like I said, It looks pretty special too through the head tube.

Frames will be available to buy to the public in about 2 months.

Tensile hub is just technical drawings at the moment, so I can't really show you anything.

Please don't call it a fake Koxx boxx. Its an original Onza design and its £500 quid cheaper, plus its taken a long time to make. In fact it looks nothing like a Boxx. Sorry for getting arsey, Just when you travel 12 thousand mile to help source and design trials products you get a little defensive about them. he he. Yeah its the Limey 1.6 .

New Tensile pads compound being tested too.

Cheers guys

:D

Edited by Joe@Onza

hi Guys,

Its Joe again.

Here are the other Pro series rims we are having made, Large CNC holes like requested by a lot of riders. Have no weights at the moment but I would guess the lightest on the market. They will retail around the £55 mark.

The steerer tube on the Tensile fork is the thickest in the market, Dont know how many of you have tried the guy forks range but they have the screw in top caps. This ment they were a little on the chunky side. New fluted style has reduced the weight with out loosing any strength. and like I said, It looks pretty special too through the head tube.

Frames will be available to buy to the public in about 2 months.

Tensile hub is just technical drawings at the moment, so I can't really show you anything.

Please don't call it a fake Koxx boxx. Its an original Onza design and its £500 quid cheaper, plus its taken a long time to make. In fact it looks nothing like a Boxx. Sorry for getting arsey, Just when you travel 12 thousand mile to help source and design trials products you get a little defensive about them. he he. Yeah its the Limey 1.6 .

New Tensile pads compound being tested too.

Cheers guys

:D

:o AAWWOOGGAA when are these rims coming out because i want out because i WANT ONE gimme gimme please :P

OOOOh dear, looks like i will be geting new rims soon :P

Will they be in any other colours other than black? Silver would be good (Y) And how come you have not gone through both walls with the square holes?

Adam

i think from a stock point, and white being a popular frame colour, black rims are perfect, then it makes it easier on onza for stocking etc etc.

Joe when you get back give us a bell, we may need one of them meet up's pretty soon for some photo OGRAPHY!

could i ask a quick question???? where is andrei's proto??? because the 1 with the drilled headtube looks like it BUT its a 20" andreis bike will look pretty wikid, plenty of stand over.

Nice to see a british based company working WITH their riders and producing things for the riders. its a bit like Kona as a bike brand, they let the riders do the riding and go off their ideas. designed by riders for riders. (Y):)

i look forward to getting the proto type frame joe, have a safe journey back home. speak to you monday/tuesday.

Wayne.

OH!!!! 1 thing i have noticed, i hope my balls dont get amputated from them cable guiders on the limey3 :lol: i wouldnt be best pleased. :D

i like the holes in the chainstay plates, very sweet. if the 20" one with all the holes in the headtube is made in 26" then your onto a winner!!!! i think that one looks mint.

Forks are looking sweet, i think the test on the forks is going to be if stems will clamp onto the steerer well enough, that was my only bad thought about them at the meeting in nottingham a few weeks ago.

Rims are looking kool, is the one with square holes the tensile one you were talking about joe???

Wayne.

Some Funky Frames nice work Joe (Y)

Limy 20” - quite simple but nice

Ice - looks kool + really like the Geo 1025 +70 bb and 360

Joes - looks solid really stiff

B frame - looks sweet as really like the look of this 1 that headtube

Limey 3 - not to sure I like it much will have to see it in person

Them rim look very cool also, I love the matt black ness

Tom A