My Monty 221 Pr

AdamR28

Just some updated pics of my bike... didn't wanna waste the great light today!

Side view.

1.jpg

Pro Bolts and Carbon Lever Blade on both levers. Ti caliper bolts too.

2.jpg

Tensile headset, carbon spacer, Ti steerer clamp bolts.

3.jpg

Front/side view.

4.jpg

More Pro Bolts, 221 Ti White bars (you were right people, they're looovely!), Ti/Alloy Pro bolts in front stem clamp.

5.jpg

Echo freewheel (modified to 108 engagements).

6.jpg

Other new bits since I last posted it are 160mm Echo Forged cranks, alloy crank bolts, Ti rear hub bolts, Eagle Claw Bashplate... and I think thats about it!

Cheers

Adam

• Like 1

Hows the tensile headset? im really considering one! it basicly a modified king like it expresse's in the topic in the news section?

also is that not a standard enco freewheel then? how did u modifie it to 108? just put a ENO / try-all teeth onit?

Just curius, if you want a part but not sure if youl like it ect , cant you go to your stock room and try it? Geeze lol love to do that "Hmm , i might try those new bars today"

haha ^^ nice bike though ;)

I know for sure if i ordered from any bike shop and the parts i received had signs of use on them i wouldn't be happy.

Just curius, if you want a part but not sure if youl like it ect , cant you go to your stock room and try it? Geeze lol love to do that "Hmm , i might try those new bars today"

haha ^^ nice bike though ;)

That might sound a good idea, but if you did that then you cant sell it on as new you would have to sell it as used or not sell it and this money would be comeing out of his pocket so stupid idea really as it would cost a lot of money to keep doing it.

I dont think Adam can bodge anything and if he does it works like a beast!takes a bit of work the freewheel mod. Stan you basher calling mods "durty" lol. Adams bike got me into mod and now im uber happy.i know that think will run like a dream!!

craig

Cheers for the replies, glad it seems to be (mostly) liked :P

The headset has been great so far, as said in the news topic its pretty close to a King, no troubles yet anyway!

Freewheel mod: perfectly reliable for my riding, not particularly easy to do. It clunked a couple of times when bedding in but nothing at all on my last ride. It involves using 2 short, 2 medium and 2 long pawls (instead of 3 long and 3 short). I had to very carefully grind (file wouldn't touch them) a couple of long ones down, measuring with digital calipers to get them exactly the same length. The shape you need to make them is a little tricky too. Work on both ENOs and Echos. Obviously from a professional point of view I can't recommend anyone else tries it though :turned:

Despite carefully chosen parts the bike isn't actually that light, around 22lbs I think... which is why it annoys me when people claim their bike is 19lbs or whatever!

As for 'trying parts', of course I can do that, but then they are obviously second hand and have to be sold as such! Being around so many different parts and having quite a lot of years experience gives you a very good idea of exactly what you want though, its very rare I'll try something and get rid of it quickly.

I was dubious about the Monty bars due to them being quite narrow and having a lot of rise/sweep, but I'm actually in love with them now! They seem to have made the bike feel more nimble and the shape just feels 'right'. Wouldn't mind trying 1/2-3/4" extenders in each end though...

Stan's on the video at the moment, should be done within a few days he reckons (Y)

Cheers

Adam