Monty Stock 2008 Prototype

rav

hardly.. but i think mnty have gone a bit mad on strength geometry ect and forgotten that is has to look nice as well lol, poor effort imo

Surely they've done the opposite - concentrated on making it look different, for no good (geometrical) reason. I think it's stupid and :sick:

IMO its pretty shocking to look at, kinda reminds me of the santa cruz jackal, can anyone else see the likeness? must have some metalurgical properties if a company like santa cruz use that kind of design???

Very vague likeness, but yeah I imagine the Monty's top tube is also hydroformed. Would probably be quite hard to extrude tubes like that...

Very vague likeness, but yeah I imagine the Monty's top tube is also hydroformed. Would probably be quite hard to extrude tubes like that...

From looking at the pics of the bike, it looks like the tube could just have been bent in a tube bending tool, would not be to hard there are no large angles or anything involved....

Adam

• 2 weeks later...

I have never seen a more horrible bike.

On the new 20" proto, the have taken the lump out of the top-tube, I have seen it in a video at my mates house. Looks, still wack. But less wack.

From looking at the pics of the bike, it looks like the tube could just have been bent in a tube bending tool, would not be to hard there are no large angles or anything involved....

Adam

Yeah I guess, I didn't look at the picture properly, thought the tube was thicker/wider at the bump which would be a little hard to extrude/bend into shape from a straight tube. :P