Bring Back Old Skool

i couldnt sell it ! its been with me too long but im up for a ride at some point & it would be good to show the youngsters the old boys can still cut it ! just before i bought my new style bike i emailed norco to see if i could get a ryan leech frame and got a very unexpected reply from one mr martin hawes who is a product manager over at the uk importers for norco now very random should email him see if he fancys coming out of retirement !!!!!

i couldnt sell it ! its been with me too long but im up for a ride at some point & it would be good to show the youngsters the old boys can still cut it ! just before i bought my new style bike i emailed norco to see if i could get a ryan leech frame and got a very unexpected reply from one mr martin hawes who is a product manager over at the uk importers for norco now very random should email him see if he fancys coming out of retirement !!!!!

dude that well cool yea ask him i meet him at bike 2000.

love it leon but yea i make you right there sir. the idear of moving quick makes me ake just thinking about it.lol.

You need to do some aerobics dude.

Old school

Back in the day

:giggle:

When I were a Lad we had to use

220px-Boneshaker%2C_European%2C_circa_1868.JPG

it made comps very confusing because every one got fives on every section ;)

Getting what your saying about sidehops and shit, when I first started getting back interested in trials and I saw a proper sidehop I was absolutely amazed.

Up to fronts.

Frenchies

Shit like that f**king blow my mind.

Trials is so much better now and it's great for the kids, good products, video's to learn stuff from, internet forums, a shop you can get everything you need from no searching for a shop to get stuff in for you and then having to wait forever for it to turn up, no need for bodging, no seats, disc brakes, dedicated maggie mounts and clamps you get the idea.

Wish I was born in the 90's.

Then I could wear skinny jeans :blink:

Then I could wear skinny jeans :blink:

you would have been burt at the stake for being a witch......lol

matt dont get me wrong its great to see the sport were it is. but it took a llloooooonnnnnnnnnggggggggggg time to get the shops to stock stuff, like they though. 90s 2k was some good days .

My post was meant to be a bit of a wind up :giggle:

I'm afraid I missed those days, I stopped riding trials about then, started back a few years ago and am loving it big time.

The main reason I gave up was the points listed in my post above, only in the negative.

I get the 'good old days' thing but don't miss them at all, trials is better than it has ever been with the added advantage that if you want an old school bike, you can buy them for pee-nuts!

Had pashleys and planet X's and shit, they are pretty good bikes to have, especially if you are going out on a family bike ride, you got gears, a seat and the means to do some trials on the benches at McDonalds when you stop for lunch.

I am now a complete convert to modern trials products, I should be, I spend enough on them.

I still do miss a seat though, maybe I'll get an inspired 24 for the family pick nicks..................... :sleeping:

Edited by Matt Vandart

My post was meant to be a bit of a wind up :giggle:

no sir i know you was onlt play its cool.

you say about it costing pee nuts i seam to be spend a lot build this bloody azonic ds-1 , i just hope its worth doing and i ant going to screw the dream.................still wors case going to have super smouth jump /street bike..

no sir i know you was onlt play its cool.

you say about it costing pee nuts i seam to be spend a lot build this bloody azonic ds-1 , i just hope its worth doing and i ant going to screw the dream.................still wors case going to have super smouth jump /street bike..

Tell me bout it, I just spent best part of £400 gettin my heavy tools up and running!

THERE'S ONLY ONE WAY TO RIDE AND THAT'S WHAT EVER WAY YOU WANT.

This comment is one not seen often enough.

(Y) Trials is about gettin out there, riding to the limits of YOUR ability, not bout what anyone else does or how anyone else does things!!!!

i have just been offerd a x-tort did any one have one back in the day?

I used to have an x-tort!!!! what a beast, bought it in 2003, i only remember this because its says it on the forks!!!!

before that i got into trials on an old xc saracen max-trax, (18" frame)

im just getting back into trials now, and have almost finished building up my Koxx LB.

I live in essex too so would like to meet some local riders at some point when my bike is built up.

just cleaning out some old stuff and found an original copy of evolve classic lenosky and leech on vhs does any body still use a video player ? will have to look into getting it converted into dvd !

Too true, the only people who made trials specific parts were the riders bodging them out of other stuff. I remember gettin my dads mate to machine me a bashring out of stainless when I was about 14 (1997) to go on my 4 arm STX-RC cranks cause the only one I ever saw was the custom middleburn one made for Martyn Ashton! First frame I used for trials was a 15" one I got from some bike company who's catalogue was a giant leaflet you used to get in the back of MBUK and MBR mags!

Who remembers Crud DCD chain tensioners??!!

DCD%20Chain%20Guide.JPG

i have a brand new dcd in a box still in my box of holly grail parts!!! and i havea origanl crud catcher for the downtube and some where for my 26 mghz pashley, the bubble rap top tube protector! old school is the way to go, got a giant martyn hawyes trials bike built up, pashley and a zero! LOVE THEM

Not really that old skool imo

Try DCD's, Power Pro cranks, lx rear hubs on Mavic 121's, Beast of the East etc...

I've still got my Mhz top tube protector.

Powerpros!!! I had a pair where they seized onto the bb axle and had to grind them off :( they were expensive to get as a kid

LX hubs, I remember blowing them up...

This comment is one not seen often enough.

(Y) Trials is about gettin out there, riding to the limits of YOUR ability, not bout what anyone else does or how anyone else does things!!!!

cheers i'm sick of people, even more so when i was into jump and dh always saying other peeople were shite just because a jump was too big etc, they even did it to noobs which is just plain wrong we're meant to inspire an attract people to the sport not give em a roasting an put em down.

my first trials bike was inspired by the early early bmx trials bikes after seeing some gasgas ones at hawkstone park

1.. get a bmx

2..nick the small chain ring off a kids 12" wheeled bike

3.. rob some huge motorbike bars from my father

4.. modify a mtb quill stem to fit

5.. tune up brakes

6.. hope to god it stayed in one piece

Edited by Tux07