Things/words You Always Have/always Will Remember

aener

I had a couple of these recently, so I thought it'd interesting what advice sticks in other riders' heads.

When I was about 11, I remember asking my dad a lot of questions one day(think it was about this new thing in maths I'd just discovered called "algebra" as he was a maths teacher at the time). When I asked one of them, I apologized for asking so many questions, and he told me "No, don't say that. Never stop asking questions." it stuck with me ever since.

Another was from a filmI saw. Can't remember what it was but I didn't particularly enjoy it. At one point, a child who's family were starving saw the neighbors had lots of food and asked the older sister if they thought they'd give them any. She turned 'round and said really sternly and said "Never ask for what should be offered". It hit me as a profound statement and it's been rattling through my head ever since.

What advice/quotes do you guys remember/live by?

When I saw billy talent live in 2006 the lead singer, forgotten his name now went on a massive rant about how everyobe should just respect each others thoughts and opinions. No matter what.

This is just a brief bit of it. Ill write it out tomorrow. Bit it was amazing and has stuck with me x

When I was 8 I told my dad 'I love being 8'. He asked me why and my reply was 'because you can do anything when you're 8'.

I try and remember that when things are a little tough, because I can still do everything I could do at 8 and that was enough to make me happy then.

Ive always stuck with this one my dad always used when I was young

"A wise man doesnt know the answer, but does know how to find the answer"

Also I aim to learn something new every day, no matter how small or trivial as long as Ive gained a bit more knowledge Im happy :)

"Dont let the b*stards grind you down" my dad has always said this to me when i was at school and the deputy head was trying to make me leave.

"He who asks is a fool for five minutes, he who doesn't ask is a fool for life" my college tutor.

"If you want to f**k her then f**k her and leave her, if you like her then treat her like a princess" my dad

"you can't jump a chasm in two leaps" lloyd george

"Dont let the b*stards grind you down" my dad has always said this to me when i was at school and the deputy head was trying to make me leave.

"He who asks is a fool for five minutes, he who doesn't ask is a fool for life" my college tutor.

"If you want to f**k her then f**k her and leave her, if you like her then treat her like a princess" my dad

"you can't jump a chasm in two leaps" lloyd george

Haha I like them! Your dad seems cool.

Play the cards you've been dealt - sounds soo gay but, studying gcse poetry got into it, like everything i read i thought there was a meaning behind what was said even if it wasnt clear to the eye.. i remember saying it through out my gcse's but i dont know where i heard it!

Theres all ways some one worst then you - not sure, but its soo true!

" Always look on the bright side of life

cos' lifes a load of shit, when you look at it" - Drunk man outside a pub

"If someone hits you, then sure you can hit them back, but make sure you only have to hit them once" - my father

The bible story about how in hardtimes god will carry you, one set of footprints - blah blah blah if you don't know it its really cheesy and gay but kinda cool story.

"Treat people how you want to be treated" - My mother (again and again and again......) lol

"it's always better to forgive and forget than stay bitter and grow resentful" :ermm: Maybe not one for you though, eh flipp?

"there isn't a person anywhere who isn't capable of doing more than he thinks he can" Henry Ford

"be a good listener, your ears will never get you in trouble" Frank Tyger

That makes no sense whatsoever.

I'll expand. If I tap my foot that counts as 5, 1 for each toe. Once I've done that I have to tap my right foot, going up in multiples of 5 until I reach 45, otherwise it will bother me I haven't reacher 45. It works with other things, but that's the most obvious example I can describe :P