Danny MacAskill - This is Drop and Roll

bikeperson45

I think its a great concept and well executed. Danny's popularity over the internet through the last 5 years or so has got him in demand for more videos and a huge "What's next" as all popular "athletes" doing videos like himself. Saying that this video doesn't show our sport off for what it is might be valid to a point but it's not aimed to do that, it's just purely to show off some ace riding, his team and make sure it stands out. People want to see the man behind those internet videos (so go see their shows) with the exception of those who take it an extra step like Ali said.  

I'd like to see more of Duncan's riding! 

Edited by Paperclip

3 hours ago, JD™ said:

It's what makes it a great video to me. Nothing wrong with a little variety now and again. Ever watched the Mart(y/i)ns intro to Tricks & Stunts?

The Martins and Hans Rey made trials entertaining, they made it fun and 'cool' - enough that many of us older members here were attracted to the sport because of it. I'd say that the closest we have to them these days are these guys here and Akrigg. This is creative, it's different, it's accessible. I thought the video was great - a bit long for my liking but that's not a complaint.

• Like 1

You got spins or elfs in the woods, pick your poison.

I think this is great for the sport, it's flashy, people share it, gets attention draws people in and given that street, tgs (if it still exists) and comp are all connected then they can decide to switch or stay with street.

I mean I saw a Danny Mac's video, got interest in trials, then one thing led to another and I do tgs now with a bit of comp. 

On 11/30/2015, 9:10:11, uk24 said:

Wasn't personally a massive fan, riding was good but cheesy

This, thoroughly enjoy watching drop and roll videos normally with the GoPro head-cam and more subtle editing.

Riding as always is top notch but every video of Danny's since the April 2009 video has seemed a lot more distant from the small trials community. It no longer feels like his videos are made for trials bikers, but for the general public.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way? I suppose trials is bigger now but I don't get the same feeling now when someones posted a new trials video.

...I've gone off track now, Maybe it's just me getting old.

3 minutes ago, Jamie_Trials said:

It no longer feels like his videos are made for trials bikers, but for the general public.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way? I suppose trials is bigger now but I don't get the same feeling now when someones posted a new trials video.

Well I'd assume they are more for the general public, especially something like this, it's not like trials riders book a trials demo.

But I'd disagree on the whole. Way Back Home, Epechn (something like) and Industrial Revolutions were amazing trials video for me. 

They are always really polished and well shot and edited, way back home and industrial revolutions were good because they were his follow vids from the 'april 2009' vid. with Epechn you could already kinda guess the tricks before he did them I guess its hard to keep pushing for new tricks.

I'd kinda like to see someone put out a Garrett Reynolds type edit or skate style edit, night riding spots light up with lamps.

12 minutes ago, uk24 said:

I guess its hard to keep pushing for new tricks.

I'd kinda like to see someone put out a Garrett Reynolds type edit or skate style edit, night riding spots light up with lamps.

Yep, you're right, it is hard. The making of video will show just that. I think the knee slide trick took from 8pm to 3am.

Very much agree on that last point. Ryan Leech done an edit like that....*Hurries off to find it*.

Just now, Dman said:

Come on Danny make another April 2009, just a sick street edit no bullshit.

Haha - "no bullshit". Straight to the point man. :P

Speaking to him the other night, he said he has another edit coming out pretty soon - said with a cheeser and his eye brows dancing up and down. Trials Forum exclusive for you right there.