Curb Comp 2018

bikeperson45

With spring on the horizon I’m thinking it’s time for another Curb Comp so here we are. Rules and prize info are below but you can find the final deadline right here – Sunday 3rd June. That’s plenty of time to get out for a few hours, apply for funding and dust off whatever bikes are in sheds. No extensions will occur unless the UK is victim to a natural disaster prior to the deadline.  

Any entries (because there better be some) should be posted inside of this topic, preferably Youtube or Vimeo but as long as the video can be streamed online it’s cool. Winner will be decided by public poll, although with hidden votes. Said poll will be created on the day of the deadline and be open for one week only, and the entry with the most votes will be declared the winner and receive the grand prize.  

Rules

- Curbs, 8” height limit 

- Any length of curb can be used

- Curbs can be used in conjunction with other curbs, as long as they’re all less than 8” from the ground go for it. 

- Curbs don't have to be at the same spot. If you want to use a curb in France in one clip and one i Canada the next feel free.

- No time limit length – whatever you think makes it a good curb video

- One rider per video - entrants don't need to be trials forum members per say however links must be submitted to this thread

- Video footage must belong to the person entering the competition, no plagiarism

- Objects not fixed to the ground may be used e.g. water bottle, skateboard. Pretty lenient here but if it’s questionable PM if you don’t want to give anything away. Having said that, no hop over bars

- Only trials bikes to be used. No BMXs, fixies, or anything that isn’t a trials bike. Any wheel size though. And don’t get clever and start going ‘but what really is a trials bike?’ or I will disqualify the hell out of you

- Any rule broken = video is disqualified

- Songs and editing can be whatever, as long as it complies with the above rules

- National and international welcome

- Bikeperson45 is the sole referee and anything he says/types is final. Back chat and bribery will not be tolerated 

Prize = A £20 Tarty voucher and a Curb Comp winner t-shirt so you can rub your victory in the face of all your riding buddies and/or Instagram followers

Once again deadline is midnight Sunday 3rd June 2018, good luck people.

Edited by bikeperson45
  • Like 9

its ke....ok, I won't bring that up. but...what is the height limit?

On 06/03/2018 at 0:21 PM, bikeperson45 said:

Rules

-Curbs, 8” height limit 

-Any length of curb can be used

-Curbs can be used in conjunction with other curbs, as long as they’re all less than 4” from the ground go for it

• Like 2

Just now, Guillermo M. said:

Hey, i had to use Google to understand what "curb" means and It says this:

Is it ok? 

Can we use different curbs from different spots? Or the full video has to be filmed in the same spot? 

Yep, that's a curb.

Good question regarding same spots, I'm going to declare that different curbs can be used in different locations as long as the other rules are adhered to, hopefully someone can put a cool spin on that...

On 2018-3-11 at 5:59 PM, Guillermo M. said:

Hey, i had to use Google to understand what "curb" means and It says this:

Road_Curb.jpg
subir imagenes

Is it ok? 

Can we use different curbs from different spots? Or the full video has to be filmed in the same spot? 

Where in the world are you and what do you call them?

(Genuine question, in case that reads incredibly sarcastically!)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Last week for anyone to have a go at this. I said I would and technically I have, left my cameras on a train so my intention of making a better one of looking pretty far fetched at the moment. This was the attempt though, already posted in Instagram thread. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...