• I just love anything extreeme
    • I ride trials cos' its a lil bit different
    • I ride for other people
    • I ride as a release from everything
    • I love time with my bike an MP3
    • I ride trials for the challenge + lines
    • I ride trials for the comp. scene
    • For the Fitness / health reasons =D

i ride as its something to do in my spare time i enjoy spending time with friends and keeping fit and trying out new lines its all around fun i duno how i got into it really seeing a few people about and watching moto trials oh and the bike show did it for me haha met ot pi and martin ashton and got my self a bike from there been acting like a gay on it ever scince :)

I enjoy riding my bike, i cant tick any of those boxes because not one stand out. I have gone through stages of enjoying it, then not enjoying it, then back again. ive met some reet good folk through riding my bike, and as much as the bickering on here PISSES me off, i have one or two of my best mates through trials.

It will be a long time till i give up.

Anyone who ticks that box - For sponsorship - needs to get over themselves. Sorry, yes im sponsored, but im my opinion its for reasons other than my riding, i have never proclaimed to be the best rider out there, far from it, i believe that there are other reasons people have sponsored me.

Trials isnt big enough for ego's.

Thats my moan and appreciation of a decent topic for once :)

I ride for the friends and the people

I ride for the rush and the thrills

I just love anything extreeme

I ride trials cos' its a lil bit different

I ride as a release from everything

I love time with my bike an MP3

I ride trials for the challenge + lines

For the Fitness / health reasons =D

number 1 for me is mates...

i wouldn't have met any of the people i know today if it wasn't for trials..

it's awesome to turn up to a massive group ride and just be able to chill and have a laugh wih people you don't see so often :)

some of my best mates if met through the sport.

I don't ride for the friends and the people, but true that my best mates are trials riders and the majority of trials riders I have met are really sound people which is a bonus for a sport.

I ride for the rush and the thrills, the discovery, its a lil bit different and it's an addictive and non-boring way to stay fit. (Y)

Edited by TrashZen

I ride trials because it pleases me to ride trials. It's a pastime I took up without knowing anyone else did it when I bought a MTB and started trying to ride it around a building site near my house. A few years later (Probably 1999ish) I discovered that trials as a sport existed. Everyone I know locally to me who does trials type stuff is doing it because they saw me doing it but none are as obsessed as far as I can tell based on them having a lot more nerve than I do and still not making the same lines...

...and I'm still crap, but that's never been the point - hopping a bike around on stuff for some reason pretty much exactly fits the gap in my brain where pastimes are supposed to go (Combined with XC touring for some reason :huh:). If trials as a sport didn't exist at all I'd still be doing it, just the bikes I'd have would be a lot less suitable for the job :P.

well the main reason of me riding trials is that all the other types of mountainbiking all you need is balls and thats easy to get they come standard if youre a lad

and trials just contains everything balance, wieght transfer and stuff like + balls.

I'd say that balls as a rider is the only thing you can't develop - if you haven't to balls to risk stuff there's not a lot you can do to magically develop them. Saying that it makes it more impressive that a complete coward like me can ride the lines I do through spending so much time practicing that the hit it and hope element is pretty much gone...

This low risk technique does mean much slower progress than somebody with the balls to try big stuff (As I have seen with the progression speed almost everyone I've got in to trials has made compared with my own progress) but also a lot less hospital time :)...

I ride to avoid drugs and the streets - Massive problem in my area so deffo helps keep focused

I ride for the friends and the people - Met the most amazing people genrally, last saturday with Bessel an Maher, like 2 of my best mates now.....

I ride as a release from everything - Deffo the main one... instead of hitting someone or getting too stressed just bust round the local industial on the bike

I love time with my bike an MP3 - As the above, bit of hip hop, or one of Mikes Mixes clears the system right out

I ride trials for the challenge + lines - Im not a line man but enjoy doing something someone else hasnt

For the Fitness / health reasons =D - get chubby ride more.... eassssy