My Ashtondb

manuel

Rowan

Very tidy, like that alot. How you finding the ultimate on the coated rim. I almost went for some of those rims but didn't think they would work well with a V.

Also congrat's on the interview in Wideopen. Some nice photographs and a great little insight.

James

Looks sweet, not entirely sure on the green. Didnt want new grips then!?

no!

Has your Avid bedded in yet?

no!

Nice one son. Where's the f**king video? ha ha ha.

filming vid 2 shortly ....

Rowan

Very tidy, like that alot. How you finding the ultimate on the coated rim. I almost went for some of those rims but didn't think they would work well with a V.

Also congrat's on the interview in Wideopen. Some nice photographs and a great little insight.

James

cheers fella - the brake is stupid at the mo - and a little annoying - its still wearing in, but loud and super bitey (not good for me) (oh and they are trialtech rims btw and are very nice)

the wideopen thing was wierd - Oli Ward (who did the interview) is a photographer (and rider) in bristol and we just went out and took some shots then he just asked if i would do the interview - I had had a pint so ....

all good.

RJ

PS - for all those asking for geometry go to www.tartybikes.co.uk :P

as said in the first post - will update when the new ones are in ...

Right, what the f**k, actually WHAT THE f**k?

Why oh why do they create these frames for riders with disc mounts, let them ride them in public so people see them and go "OOh, it's got a disc mount, winner!" and then when they actually bring them out they DON'T HAVE THE f**kING DISC MOUNT!!

Argh! That's really p***ed me off!

Rage, but it does look pretty sexy i must admit >_<

Edited by Rob Thomson

Right, what the f**k, actually WHAT THE f**k?

Why oh why do they create these frames for riders with disc mounts, let them ride them in public so people see them and go "OOh, it's got a disc mount, winner!" and then when they actually bring them out they DON'T HAVE THE f**kING DISC MOUNT!!

Argh! That's really p***ed me off!

Rage, but it does look pretty sexy i must admit >_<

I agree get a god dam disc mount out!!! Mart uses disc so why shouldnt we all get the chance!!!

looks like your sponserd by hope and so is mart so why dont you put your wee heads together and cum up with a frame that runs hope trial brakes!!!

I should clear this up once and for all ....

this bike is my current ashtonbikes frame .... as in one that was available to the public last year ....

the new prototypes from diamondback will be finished shortly ....

then i will update the thread for you all to see ...

I only put these up because its all new kit (some things like the trialtech cranks and rims havent been seen much) and I think it looks pretty good (I havent bashed it up too much yet) !!

RJ

I should clear this up once and for all ....

this bike is my current ashtonbikes frame .... as in one that was available to the public last year ....

the new prototypes from diamondback will be finished shortly ....

then i will update the thread for you all to see ...

I only put these up because its all new kit (some things like the trialtech cranks and rims havent been seen much) and I think it looks pretty good (I havent bashed it up too much yet) !!

RJ

yea cool. lets just hope the protos have a nice paint job and a burly disc mount. :rolleyes:

Short but very nice indeed. fairly simular set-up (colour scheme) to Martyn Ashton's current demo rig.

best looking ashton EVER! and yes the have a short wheel base but they have a steep head angle so it makes them feel fairly long (Y)

and the geo is from tartys

Geometry

Wheelbase: 1055mm (When measured with Ashton forks, sold separately)

Chainstay Length: 380mm

BB Rise: 20mm

Head Angle: 73 degrees

Centre of BB shell to top centre of head tube: 685mm (27")

Edited by ANDY-MBK-RIDER

Because that's just an old frame sprayed up? A couple of the protos had disc mounts but they broke.

Bike looks kinda weird for me... very different but not sure I like it :$

Edit: The geo on TartyBikes is claimed and depends on forks. Alis measured up at about +5mm BB.

Edit: Jesus this thread moves fast... first comment regarding the disc mount.

Thats nice rowen BUT i have to say if im picky, the only thing I would change is the disc rotor :P I never liked them and mine was awful, don't know how you get yours to work so well

But everything else looks so nice!!! :o