Lost My Motivation?

0llie

at the moment i love riding i get all hyped up about going for a ride, but when i get out it all goes away, i love riding always have always will but recently i cant stay out on my bike for a hole day like i used to and not get bored... i think one of the problems is riding the same places over and over but i just need something to put the spark back into my riding... i really want to be out on my bike all the time but im finding it difficult to keep myself entertained on it... any tips or any one else feeling the same?

another thing that might be the problem is just the same tricks over and over taps gaps and sidehops although im still not great at them, i need something new, something to keep the riding how it used to feel!

i dono is anyone else feeling the same?

cheers

ollie

another thing that might be the problem is just the same tricks over and over taps gaps and sidehops although im still not great at them, i need something new, something to keep the riding how it used to feel!

Considered joining the 24" clan?

Or try some 24"/street style riding? Get some more innovative and interesting moves going on! Manuals, bunnyhops, spinny crap... Just get creative!

Matt

try linking moves together into lines, dont just tap things, manual to tap up, manual to tap up to manual out etc... dont need a 24" to do thats for sure, but i find changing my frame every 4-5 months helps, because you have to adapt toa new bike and i find i progress abit more each time. not because of the new frame, but because im forced to re-learn things.

go find some decent riding buddies, or take some time out to do other things, you will soon miss it

what Ash said x , just take some time off , if u are realy a lifer u will come back.

Anyone that is a medium standard that quits cause they are bored ,,,,,is boring!

yeah i can see where your coming from and i dont see myself quiting in the near future i enjoy it to much. it just i wondered if anyone had been in the situation and has a quick way to enjoyment again.. i used to ride everyday and love it more and more but now m mind is elsewhere... and im not even medium standard pretty shite to be honest!

Ride Street as if you were riding a section in a competition....

I dont mean exactly how you would ride a section, but ride with lines in mind.

For example, do not just do one move and be happy, do a drop gap, then find something you can link in after that, like a tap up a wall (as an example).

Ride new places, with new people, get out there enjoy life.

LIfe is not just about trials!

Ride Street as if you were riding a section in a competition....

I dont mean exactly how you would ride a section, but ride with lines in mind.

For example, do not just do one move and be happy, do a drop gap, then find something you can link in after that, like a tap up a wall (as an example).

Ride new places, with new people, get out there enjoy life.

LIfe is not just about trials!

oh :unsure:

im a bit like you ,no motovation,im fine once i am riding outside my town but i get bored with the sam stuff day in day out.at the moment i ride 2-3 times a week ,for a hour or so just to keep me busy like .

what i have found that helps is to ride somewhere that doesnt get rode very often,for me thats a long line of 40 big rocks down a side of a road,they are all in a line and linda boring to ride trials on but when i try streety moves on them its a whole new game ,i suggest that you try something like that .

Edited by banbury trials

I kinda feel the exact opposite of the original poster. I think about riding when I'm sitting here on my comp or watching tv, and it feels kinda daunting. I feel like I am so terrible and I have many months ahead of me of being terrible before I'll be able to actually ride any kind of line. When I get out there and crank out a few decent moves then I get excited. I dont have the endurance to just ride for more than an hour I'd say but I get the spark when I'm out there.

I hope you get it back man. If you're a street rider, try natural... and vica versa. Keep the faith brotha

I've been feeling the same for a long time actually. I used to ride pretty much every day and night, I never got really good, but I had a lot of bloody fun, I didn't care. Then when I started uni in September, I didn't ride as much and eventually not at all. So I bought a new frame/forks in January, to motivate me to ride more. I rode a Base before, then got an '08 GU Typhoon. It was like trying to learn to ride again, and it really frustrates me, so I'm getting a mod, and just having fun again.

i find it best to set little challenges, especially before you go out for a ride, i found that to work great for me makes me know when i am actually having a good days riding.

This only works for things that u know the actaul size of, like say u wanna do this gap or tap today, and a few other things depending on the location u are going to, and try and do them. Obviously set them within your limit.

Not only do i push myself to meet the target, i find that I am not thinking about what i could do next or whether its interesting or if i am bored. i am just focused on trying what i came to try, and before i know it 2 hours have gone by. And this is riding alone btw, its even better if ur our on a group ride.

:)

be interested to know it works out for u, i know it would take a bit of discipline and certainly a different mentality, but thats what trials is about, being serious about it would definitely make u enjoy it more pure because u know ur progressing.

If you hav lost your motivation there are a few thing you can do as i lost mine and this is what helped me.

watch new and old vids.

get a new part for your bike.

go to a new place to ride.

learn to ride with your other foot forward.

so thats what help me so i hope it helps you.

cheers gus so many good ideas there.. this is almost motivating me to ride.. i actually want to go out on my bike.. but the weathers shit... typical! i like the idea of setting challenges sounds like it could keep me entertain for hours as im the sort of person who wont give up until i make it ::) cant wait to ride now... also new spots, now i can drive im sure i will be scooting off to random places with my bike and stuff cant wait

lets just see if i feel the same when im on my bike :)

cheers guys

cheers gus so many good ideas there.. this is almost motivating me to ride.. i actually want to go out on my bike.. but the weathers shit... typical! i like the idea of setting challenges sounds like it could keep me entertain for hours as im the sort of person who wont give up until i make it ::) cant wait to ride now... also new spots, now i can drive im sure i will be scooting off to random places with my bike and stuff cant wait

lets just see if i feel the same when im on my bike :)

cheers guys

Challenges are a great idea.

Now you can drive, I wouldn't worry about it so much. Make sure you go to portsmouth, the videos I've seen make it look amazing!

If you hav lost your motivation there are a few thing you can do as i lost mine and this is what helped me.

watch new and old vids.

get a new part for your bike.

go to a new place to ride.

learn to ride with your other foot forward.

so thats what help me so i hope it helps you.

this helps alot :)

It does. Maybe try some natural, learn new tricks (not trials related) and start doing lines. It's boring doing the same tap over and over again, but it's not boring to tap a wall, drop with a full rotation and sidehop back up as quickly as possible. That's just an example, but it will keep you busy and make you try harder.