Santacruz Chameleon - Offered Stolen Bike

Clownbike

I was out just for a 30 min session and some chav started talking to me.

He asked how much the bike was worth. I told him a few hundred then asked him where he got it from. He told me it was stolen from Bournemouth and he now has it (in Portsmouth).

The spec was "interesting".....bit of a cross between XC and DJ IMO.

Mavic X317 rims

Marrazocchi forks (red)

Hope discs with small rotors

Single speed

Hub didn't sound clicky but didn't get a good look.

BUT, the frame MAY have been a genuine Santacruz Chameleon in white. :o

If you know anyone who has a missing bike of similar spec you need to get down Portsmouth! I didn't get a phone number, but told him to keep coming to my riding spot and i'd see if i could find him a buyer.

Peace out

Neil

An how do you suggest you carry 2 bikes, one being a fullsize bike, and run like hell from sed yobo? :P

Put it up on the mbuk forum? Alot of XC'ers an DJ'ers on there :)

superman.jpg

superman-strength1.jpg

You never know :P

And for those of you whom couldn't get what I said because I either said it really badly, or something like that. He just rips off his shirt, and has superman strength.

Edited by Hendrix

Once you heard the words stolen, you should of just took it off him and then posted on any dirt jump forums etc that you took it off a chav that said it was stolen from such and such area.

Meh, perhaps you cba :P

You must think through things a bit.

1) I had my own bike, which is MUCH more important.

2) I would have had to pick up my bag metres away, which again is more important, as it has all my tools, phone, wallet etc.

3) There were 3 guys, one i could have taken no problem - he was tall but skinny. However, one of the other lads was huge, if anyone here knows Jamie - this bloke was around his build. The third guy was large but fat.

4) I don't know any DJ forums etc.

5) I know you didn't accuse me of not "being arsed", but i will always attempt to do the right thing. I've helped stop shoplifters etc before and don't have a huge problem with confrontation, but feel a bit offended for a person to make that comment with no source to back it up.

I'm not having a go Danny, but it almost felt like you were having a go at me when there was really nothing i could have done.

Tom - thanks for suggesting MBUK forum i'll give it try!!

Quigz - you know its the truth!

Hendrix - made me lol :P

Neil

Not to mention it could've somehow been that guy's bike, and so you stealing it off him wouldn't be an amazing idea. Posting up a bike that you have that's potentially been stolen is also more likely to get people falsely claiming it as their's, whereas if you say you know of a bike that's been stolen and you've seen it around, you're more likely to get true claims.

When I saw Martin's stolen Echo being ridden around, I told the guy I was interested in it. I got his mobile number, told him I'd phone him back in a week, then texted Martin the guy's number. Better than just stealing the bike back off him?

You must think through things a bit.

1) I had my own bike, which is MUCH more important.

2) I would have had to pick up my bag metres away, which again is more important, as it has all my tools, phone, wallet etc.

3) There were 3 guys, one i could have taken no problem - he was tall but skinny. However, one of the other lads was huge, if anyone here knows Jamie - this bloke was around his build. The third guy was large but fat.

4) I don't know any DJ forums etc.

5) I know you didn't accuse me of not "being arsed", but i will always attempt to do the right thing. I've helped stop shoplifters etc before and don't have a huge problem with confrontation, but feel a bit offended for a person to make that comment with no source to back it up.

I'm not having a go Danny, but it almost felt like you were having a go at me when there was really nothing i could have done.

Tom - thanks for suggesting MBUK forum i'll give it try!!

Quigz - you know its the truth!

Hendrix - made me lol :P

Neil

Sorry it come across that way man :(. I didn't realise the circumstances. Im not accusing you of anything.

Not to mention it could've somehow been that guy's bike, and so you stealing it off him wouldn't be an amazing idea. Posting up a bike that you have that's potentially been stolen is also more likely to get people falsely claiming it as their's, whereas if you say you know of a bike that's been stolen and you've seen it around, you're more likely to get true claims.

When I saw Martin's stolen Echo being ridden around, I told the guy I was interested in it. I got his mobile number, told him I'd phone him back in a week, then texted Martin the guy's number. Better than just stealing the bike back off him?

(Y)

I tried to get this guys number, but he was reluctant to give it. I told he to meet me with the bike at the same place at the same time and i'll ferry him buyers when i get them.

Danny - :) Don'y worry no big deal its always hard to understand/explain things over the internet. No offence taken.

Neil

I bet I know who this was.

Probably the same bloke that stole Craigs bike. He lives Fratton way, and he'll be riding about on it for a while. I hope he gets his just deserts though!!

you have to make the noise as you do it ask would be leggendary.

and yeah it probably is one of the scuzzy little ba***rds that stole/had something to do with craigs bike getting stolen.

i think that may still be in the area.

speaking of my bike has anyone seen it around at all? if you do, as onzaboymark says just sa your interested and get his number. be much obliged, super long shot i know!

speaking of my bike has anyone seen it around at all? if you do, as onzaboymark says just sa your interested and get his number. be much obliged, super long shot i know!

what happened to your bike craig?? what bike was it, i know a few scumbags that may be able to find out about it??