Danny Macaskill - Next Level Sep 2008

brainchild

I can just see Dan sitting reading that just now with another beamer on his face.

Natural?? yea only if its got a kicker! ;)

not just that...when we did the comp at fort bill he was blastin about. certainly better than me on a bike this boy is.

love him. and his fist

about comp I don't think so...

it's like neil,craig,damon,staples,rowan, etc

the fact that you're an awesome free rider at trials ( mean you ride for pleasure,not in comp) does not make you a good comp rider at all...

look a james barton...he was training REALLY hard to could ride in the same league as hermance and co...(and you have already some beast comp riders:butler,savage,stiller etc)

but who cares? he is the best in his style, and that's how we love him...streety style (Y)

I grew up with danny and most of our early riding was natural it was only when he masterd this field that he moved on to street.

The only reason you dont see danny riding comps is he cant be botherd with the politics of the sport hes only here to inspire people in to riding and pushing his skills to the max

Cheers guys.

JAMIE

I think his set up is a Pro II, AtomLab PIMP Rear Rim, Sapim Spokes and a maxxis holy roller tyre (i think).

not totally sure on this though! Might wanna ask someone closer to him lol

I thought it was Ti spokes?

And that's excellent riding! In my country, we would call it "smooth like water" (it's broken English).

In a way, Eddie tongue and akkers inspired us to ride like this and its kept the oldschool of trials in there aswell as abit of bmx and freeride in a way to make it more upto date. This kinder riding makes us happy and we enjoy it more then just doing hops and gaps. I know i enjoy doing a line and making it look weird and interesting.

Just wat we do. people have there views and dont like it, were all different.

I agree with John. My street friend says the way I pull off some moves/tricks are rather weird and stiff, not so flowy as compared to pure street, but each to his own. As long as you enjoy what/how you ride.

By the way, what front rim is Danny using?

Oh my god, that was f**king huuuuuge riding.

And, dont get me wrong, it made my jaw drop but that was more like watching a BMX video, unfortunately, not the next level of street trials. :ermm:

Sorry...

But serious props for riding with such individuality, anyways (Y) .

Cheers,

Joe.

Incase anyone is wondering....danny is pretty handy at riding natural as well. ''To be honest he could probably max most of his skills out on there as well''.

Backwards and blindfolded :)

That was f'ing sweet, you just dont see videos like this! Loved the tailwhip backhop!

Fakie manual to hop tailwhip..

In a way, Eddie tongue and akkers inspired us to ride like this and its kept the oldschool of trials in there aswell as abit of bmx and freeride in a way to make it more upto date. This kinder riding makes us happy and we enjoy it more then just doing hops and gaps. I know i enjoy doing a line and making it look weird and interesting.

Just wat we do. people have there views and dont like it, were all different.

This guy's got it right. Just ride, man. Stop worrying about what everyone else is doing and ride.

I notice alot of people not giving enough respect to other riders because of their choice of discipline or bike or whatever. It's almost as if the sadder ones among us feel threatened or inadequate by not being able to directly compare themselves with others.

QUOTE (joe b @ Oct 2 2008, 03:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And, dont get me wrong, it made my jaw drop but that was more like watching a BMX video, unfortunately, not the next level of street trials. :ermm:

Sorry...

Cheers,

Joe.

I also agree with this guy too. This isn't trials 'as we know it'. I only wish I could ride like Danny not only because he's knocking out some sweet moves but because he's got heaps of style in there too.

There's tonnes of riders out there riding like this and better though, admittedly most of them, but not all, choose smaller wheels, it's just that most trials riders on here have very little exposure to that scene and therefore view Danny as some sort of demi-god.

Respect due though.

Edited by Spider Lad

QUOTE (joe b @ Oct 2 2008, 02:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry...

Cheers,

Joe.

Definition of Trials:

Bike trials is a form of mountain biking ........ The rider negotiates man-made and natural obstacles without their feet touching the ground.

At the most basic level, trials riding can be summed up as bicycle handling skills. It evolved from motorcycle trial riding (jumping up, over obstacles, man-made or natural) into an off-season bicycle pastime. It now has a strong — though small — following, and can be seen worldwide. Skills taken from trials riding can be used practically on any bicycle for balance, for example controlled braking and track standing, or balancing on the bike without putting a foot down. Trial bike characteristics include, but are not limited to: powerful brakes, wide handlebars, light parts, low gearing, a thick rear tire that provides grip, a heavy emphasis on frame geometry, and no seat (depending on the make)

Danny Macaskill rides Street Trials. I'm proud to say danny is a trials rider (even though i ride bmx as well).

It must be said this is far more impressive than TGS....IMO.