Danny Macaskill - Next Level Sep 2008

brainchild

I wasn't saying that you have to do oe style of trials riding, I was just simply stating that there seems to be 3 styles of riding. As you well know, Andy and Dave, I don't ride one style, I vary across all 3 too.

Like Spaceman said, if your using your bike to get over obstacles, who cares how you did it. It's the fact that you made an achievement by getting over the obstacle on your bike.

Hmm some of the stuff was pure bmx... However almost every move in their requires tons of braking power which a bmx just doesn't have. Also he does everything different than the way a bmxer would. The main thing he takes advantage of is his front brakes. When he footjam tailwhips he uses his front brake giving him a lot more precision. I have never seen a bmxer do one on a rail or a post, but I have seen Danny do that.

I don't see why people think bmxes are for street riding. They never built bmxes for street, they were made for jumps and people just started doing street on them and eventually they started improving the design to make it more street fit. Same thing with trials bikes and as time goes on they will make more trials bikes better suited to street riding. 1:55 was in my opinion the best line by far. Also I think trials bikes might actually better than bmxes for tailwhips, having an uber low/no seat would be a nice advantage. He is also taking advantage of the wheel size when he bump jump 180s and 360s up stair flights. If he hit the stair case that hard with a 20" wheel it would feel super rough and probably pinch flat. I also like his bitch crank tailwhip. If he gets good at those, he can pedal kick tailwhip a gap or something.

Who is to say whats the best? obviously a trials bike has some advantages and some disadvantages over a bmx, it looks like he is making good use of the advantages... bmxers like to do everything drivetrainless, and brakeless this guy is doing it his own way.

Edited by sayshell

I still don't see why people are involved in arguing about the classification of Dannys riding. Surely focusing on the classification misses the point entirely? It's kind've like getting my finger confused with the riding that it's pointing at - you're just staring at my finger totally misunderstanding the point and missing out on what's most rewarding. We should just watch the riding because when we truly do we lose all ideas of something being this or that (classified) and we just enjoy what we see. Dannys riding in the truest sense (like all riding) is neither trials or bmx but is simply something else, something ineffable which can bring a gret deal of entertainment. Don't spoil that by getting wrapped up in definitions. You're wasting your time.

Edited by Ben Rowlands

I dont know you so cant comment on the up your own arse.

Just in case anyone gets the wrong end of the stick (although I've never met Danny myself (I don't think...)) all the 'selling drugs to kids' comments are meant 100% in jest. From what I gather he's as sound as an incredibly sound, down to earth thing.

Just in case anyone gets the wrong end of the stick (although I've never met Danny myself (I don't think...)) all the 'selling drugs to kids' comments are meant 100% in jest. From what I gather he's as sound as an incredibly sound, down to earth thing.

And if your not talking about riding with him your not talking much sense at all. lol

:lol:

Those kids are even more like bike facists than the TGS crew on here! Whilst I do agree that doing BMX stuff with big wheels is a bit pointless, the stuff on that video is way more than just BMX stuff. Like the tailwhip drops, the squeakers. I don't think I've ever seen such awesome backwards nose rolls by a BMXer either.

The comments are funny though.

ill beat the f**ken shit out that f**ken mtb f**king homo f**k shit people tring to b different

If he was wearing girls jeans instead of shorts this would have been worth watching.

It's quite disturbing the way that the first few comments are all about how you shouldn't wear a helmet on street. Especially after that Mike Aitken thing a week ago - He's probably not going to ride a bike again (or even walk...), after an accident that he would probably have walked away from if he'd been wearing a helmet. I can't see the logic there. Call it natural selection :P