Dreams...

Jaffacakes

Bizarre nightmare last night that scared the shit out of me for some reason.

Was in a local High Street and it was pitch black (Macclesfield if that makes a difference), there had been some sort of crime and the Police (or my weird dream equivalent) were on the way. I needed to keep people away so I had these tiny plastic barrels with moulded flames coming out the top (from my sons Playmobil toys) with a single red led in the side of each which I started laying down across the road whilst people were running screaming from out a side road further down the street.

I turned around and at this point I couldn't see very well, combination of it being pitch black and my eyes being all blurry like when you wake up after about 20 pints, I looked down the street away from the barrels I'd just put down and could see this faint outline of something Chewbacca shaped shouting "Raah!" in a really unscarey, kiddy like way (think of when Homer gets mistaken for Bigfoot). I stepped to the side and hid in the doorway of an old CD shop I used to go in when the monster caught me, at this point I woke up absolutely bricking it and basically climbed on top of my missus in bed which didn't go down well at 3am!

Given warm again tonight so no doubt I'll be back (Y)

Had a couple of weird dreams last night.

One was on an island aboard somewhere and I was in a road rally type thing in a red vauxhall combo van and there were also loads of others racing round in them. After a checkpoint I was following someone and the route went through a hotel lobby and dining area. At this point we were on bikes and I was on my retro kona. I jumped some stairs and hit a huge cupboard with plates in and knocked it over but there was some kids running around so thought I could blame it on them. Then a big angry hotel maid came in shouting at the kids and I sneaked out and back into the van and continued onto the road but there was traffic.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I used to have a reoccurring nightmare as a kid, I was in a dark alleyway and all I could see was white lines... Gradually the lines went from strait to jagged, scribbled messes... Always woke up screaming and sweating!

I dreamt I was watching the end of the world the other day. For some reason it was the most tranquil feeling ever. I wrote a poem about it below if anyone cares for it.

When the world burns, they'll be armed with hosepipes.

I'll be on the sofa with the time of my life like...

Watching the flames dance in high definition.

They lick the feet of tie die skies where smoke clouds the vision

But I see through it all.

Bill a spliff, watch this metropolis turned apocalypse man it's beautiful

I tell her bring a couple eights an a few crates

We'll gaze to a dying cityscape an act like this ent unusual.

Tomorrow may never come so we can hold hands planless

Lady luck and the spaceman bandit

Straight jam.

We spread the wingspan so the shots candid

As we scrapbook the end of the world and wonder if there's another chapter to unfurl.

Enraptured by the way light curls as planets collide

Tired eyes sleep peacefully for the first and last time.

They never said it would be like this.

We can reach out and detune stars we've never even seen before.

Recalibrate moons.

Mattadors or matter now that matter no longer matters cos time's paused

And dimensions one through three are nothing without four.

Are we gods now, or just two poor survivors?

Were we chosen or forgotten by the dancing fires?

Are we more alive then ever, or delusional in lifelessness?

Does it even matter when it feels so profound just to be around

On the ground of this dying rock right now?

Tying nots in moral fibres we form a fresh tapestry

Where everybody's called your magesty or your highness

Black or white it's always fine just

Take you and be this.

See, through these rose tinted glasses I can make an apocalypse feel like catharsis

Make you wonder if the end of the world wouldn't be so bad.

When it's a world so tarnished.

I had a dream.

And it made me wonder if I wanted to see flame dances.

• 1 month later...

Thanks to some input on Facebook from Muel I spent last night dreaming about trying to bleed my new rim break at work (which was essentially a desk on the street outside my dads house). It kept leaking so I went into my dads house to get some cereal and have another go, eventually it got to the point where I could hold the lever body up and water would just run from the barrel so I took the piston out and there was a huge gouge all the way down. I then went to see Dr Stix who I bought it off to get my money back yet despite me showing him the water leaking out and pointing out the gouge he flat refused there was anything wrong with it and said it worked perfectly as he literally couldn't see a fault as if I was seeing things.

I had a dream last night where I met this dude who I used to go to school with. He was kind of a friend, but also he could be an asshole. Anyway, in this dream I beat the shit out of him, and he died. I remember seeing him with a pallid, blue face. And then he got up and he was ok.

Well, that was extreme but it was only a dream. It makes a change to the last time that guy was in my dream. Last time, I punched him but I couldn't hurt him. It wasn't very effective.

:erm:

• 4 weeks later...

Bizarre one the other night, dreamt I went to Leeds to give Dan Cox a hug then spent the rest of the day manualing about town on my Marino. Got a bit weird when I had to go into a block of flats which was on fire somewhere then I ran out, rode around by the front where the cars pull up and started riding trials hopping between some big blocks, a few railings and doing a bit more manualing. That's when I realised in my dream that hadn't been manualing round Leeds at all but I'd actually dreamt it before waking up in the flats that were on fire.

The manual dream within a dream...

• 4 months later...

Good one last night/this morning!

I was at a rave which was in a building in the town where I live, the actual location in the dream was the yard round the back of a few shops (gas fire shop/carpet shop/clothes shop all joined up) though they building was a bit like an old hotel with one of the back walls removed. All the people who were there were people from Chapel, some who I knew and some who I just recognised. Anyway, what I remember is getting a lift round the back of this place after helping a girl to find something (no idea what) but she pulled up round the back in her mk2 4 door Golf with no doors, her friend started to climb in the front before I had got out so I had to slide over the top of the passenger seat and out the back door. I set off walking up the ramp to go into the rave when the girl driving warned me I'd left my cauliflower outside, I looked down at the floor to see said cauliflower with a few bits of it removed but mostly there with a couple of flies eating it. I said it wasn't mine and carried on into the rave. As it was daylight things were almost dying down a bit so I walked towards the bar and below to the right was the dancefloor with a few people sat at the ends (a bit like a town hall type place but instead of a stage at the end it was an open window thing like in a canteen with the DJ inside). Ant and Dec were there, Ant was DJing and Dec was doing some really bizarre MCing over the Happy Hardcore playing, hard to describe but he was rapping away not to the beat (a bit like MC Connie if anyone knows who that is) using really big descriptive words(?!).

I turned back to the bar to start chatting to my mates when suddenly a load of farmer type lads scarpered towards the door, we all wondered what was going on then a lad came in to tell us another guy had dislocated his jaw after gurning so much from taking too many pills. We all had a bit of a laugh about it as it was a regular thing for him and then I woke up.

Definitely a good 8/10 on the weirdometer!

A solid 9 imo.

I rarely dream, or at least if I do I have no recolection of it. But last night I did. I dreampt I had gone to visit a friend, (in a house that he doesn't live in nor have I ever seen) and we talked about my son who had just died!? Then I opened his patio door and there was a tornado brewing so we stood looking at it for a while, it landed in his garden and we were, for lack of a better description, playing chicken with it.

Another 9/10

Edited by *gentlydoesit

I had a dream i was being chased by a 30mph speed limit sign! It wasnt directly behind me but when i would look back it would peer round the last corner i had ran round like it was taugnting me! i stuck to the speed limit all the way to work the next morning haha ;) Rated high on my weirdometer that one!!!

Had an odd one last night where I was in a shopping mall/school, I went outside and was in Paris (no distinguishing features though, I just knew it was Paris) and there was this whole area perfect for street trials, loads of small walls with 1/4 pipe sides and steps for riding about on. I was there with Mark Westlake, JD, Rainbird and Ben Rowlands and I asked Ben for a ride of his bike. Being the trials giant he is I was surprised to find the handlebar setup was unbelievably low and as soon as I got on and tried to ride it it just destroyed my back which is when I woke up.

That one was funny as I don't really have that many riding dreams.

Pretty sure there are many posts like this.

Was sleeping with the gf about 2 days after radfest last year and was educating her on the legends of TGS before we fell asleep

as I was entering sleep I thought I was doing a gap, I elbowed her pretty dang hard in the face and left a decent bruise. kicked the wall at full gap effort and bruised my left heel, walking wasn't very pleasant for about a week.

she was a bit scared to sleep with me for a good while after that but it was a really good gap up north somewhere.. wish that dream continued :(

• Like 1